How Skewed Are Covid Numbers?

Covid19 cases are verifiably inflated. From reports in Florida showing 90%+ positive test rates to health care workers being tested multiple times and each positive test being counted as a new case, we know there is inflation. Not to mention the incompetency of the CDC to get accurate numbers and tests out from the get-go.

The question then is how skewed is it really?

The Earth really is flat I tells ya!!!

Enormously and Undebatably so. 

2 Likes
theseanster - 

The numbers are verifiably inflated. Covid19 exists, and people have and will continue to become sick, but that doesn’t change that the numbers being reported are not accurate.

So I’m assuming your stance is that they are slightly skewed.

I just want the facts, man. 

This is ctard stuff 

not enough to nullify a global pandemic.

banco - 

This is ctard stuff 

lol

Fake media all day, no questions asked. Question anything shady about the left, now you're just talkng conspiracy theories. 

banco - 

This is ctard stuff 

It’s not a conspiracy, it’s a fact. I’m not saying there isn’t a pandemic. I’m not saying that the cases aren’t in the millions. I’m saying that they are inflated, and am simply curious as to what degree someone else might believe it to be.

Personally I wouldn’t doubt that’s it a few million less cases. We already know the CDC’s numbers were grossly inaccurate which is why they moved the reporting to DHS. We know Florida had extremely inaccurate counts as recently as the beginning of the month. We know that not all new cases counted are actually new cases, but one case being tested multiple times.

These are real things. Am I to assume you believe that the discrepancy is within the margin of error for such reporting? Or are you just a retard?

kingofpancakes - 

Fake media all day, no questions asked. Question anything shady about the left, now you're just talkng conspiracy theories. 

Not even attributing it to a conspiracy by the left, but more gross incompetency/misreporting for funding through medicare/outdated systems that were not made to handle the volume.

Honestly, this entire effort is unprecedented on a reporting level and it should be entirely believable to everyone that the numbers are fudged. If you can’t believe the possibility of that I don’t think I can have a genuine conversation with you about measures to be taken from here (not that I have fuck all to do with policy making).

There are very real problems with even our most basic gathering of data that can invalidate a lot of the assumptions we have about the impact of the virus.

Ask yourself this. If you didn’t hear about COVID on the news and on social media every day, how much would your day-to-day life actually be affected? Would you even know there was a pandemic going on?

1 Like
Soul Gravy - Ask yourself this. If you didn't hear about COVID on the news and on social media every day, how much would your day-to-day life actually be affected? Would you even know there was a pandemic going on?

If I never heard about it I'd be wondering why all these places are closed and people are walking around in masks.

i would go the other way and say they are verfiably deflated.  the lack of a comprehesive testing is resulting in a large number of asymptomatic cases never being reported.

1 Like
vincan469 - 

i would go the other way and say they are verfiably deflated.  the lack of a comprehesive testing is resulting in a large number of asymptomatic cases never being reported.

We’ve had 50 million tests how much more comprehensive do you actually think we can be by this point? Do you understand logistics?

theseanster -

LOL!

First post kills it!

I No Kung Foo - 
Soul Gravy - Ask yourself this. If you didn't hear about COVID on the news and on social media every day, how much would your day-to-day life actually be affected? Would you even know there was a pandemic going on?

If I never heard about it I'd be wondering why all these places are closed and people are walking around in masks.

The point is, you wouldn’t be stepping over bodies, stores wouldn’t be closing because of a lack of alive or well people to work in them. Etc.

It's a little frustrating that when I piss time away on reddit, I only see articles discussing the biases and pressures that cause underestimation, and when I'm on the OG, I only see articles discussing the biases and pressures that cause overestimation.

Both sites significantly exaggerate and ignore the simple fact that while these different organizations disagree and adjust their data collection and analysis, the CDC continues to collect death certificates and analyse simple all-cause mortality numbers to calculate excess deaths.

Considering there’s such decreased economic activity and daily interactions, we’d expect significant downwards pressure on overal mortality, and yet there’s such an excess in mortality from previous years that it’s pretty Godamn obvious a pandemic is going on, and even better that the excess deaths correlate well to the estimations of COVID19 deaths. There’s fair reason to be skeptical on the data as it emerges in real time, but it is utter lunacy to claim that there is no pandemic or that even the transparant all-cause mortality data could be fudged to that degree.

1 Like

First sentence of the OP should read “Covid19 cases are verifiably profitable.” That’s your reason for skewed numbers. 

vincan469 - 

Without a doubt being under-counted. They are now saying that this is more a circulatory virus than a respiratory one. Meaning spikes in strokes and cardiac arrests were likely not counted as COVID-related.

US has more testing now, but has its limits. And just like in the Spring where new cases topped out at 40k/day due to limited testing ability, it’s topped out at 70k new tests per day today.

The virus is everywhere too. Not every healthcare system is able to test at the same capacity. A shitload of people are out there spreading it without knowing. More and more every day.