How the hell is BMX in the Olympics and JJitsu not

Surely if a sport like BMX can get into the Olympics, so too can Jiu Jitsu. Phone Post

Canoing as well.

I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

Saw a sport earlier that I believe was handball, some chick scored 8 goals. It was like hockey but shitter Phone Post

Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

Yeah I remember reading the criteria, and it sort of made sense but then somehow BMX gets introduced this year!
And to address your point about one country having an unfair advantage, how is rowing an olympic sport when only a select few wealthy counties can compete! With usually GB and NZ mopping up all the medals! Phone Post

Egorr10 -
Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

Yeah I remember reading the criteria, and it sort of made sense but then somehow BMX gets introduced this year!
And to address your point about one country having an unfair advantage, how is rowing an olympic sport when only a select few wealthy counties can compete! With usually GB and NZ mopping up all the medals! Phone Post

And the medal count would not 'triple' as there would only be 6 or 7 weight classes Phone Post

Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

With that criteria why is basketball in the olympics. Only countries that play it are usa..argentina and spain pretty much. The usa will pretty much always win it to since they are the only ones who take that sport seriously

Where as a sport like rugby...south africa, new zealand, australia, fiji, samoa, france, england, argentina...

Race walking is the worst example of Summer Olympic sport. I don't care if it's hard. It is essentially a neutered version of another sport and it is COMPLETELY UNWATCHABLE.

And it's a farce: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/sports/olympics/olympic-racewalking-is-more-complicated-than-it-seems.html Phone Post

lol at all this complaining jsut read the criteria and jiu jitsu doesnt meet numerous elements to become a sport, and not to hate on them but the ibjjf is only hindering rather than helping its inclusion into the olympics

UGCTT_song2 - Saw a sport earlier that I believe was handball, some chick scored 8 goals. It was like hockey but shitter Phone Post

Handballs fucking cool lol. Phone Post

FlyingKnee_bar - lol at all this complaining jsut read the criteria and jiu jitsu doesnt meet numerous elements to become a sport, and not to hate on them but the ibjjf is only hindering rather than helping its inclusion into the olympics

Can I ask what the criteria is? Phone Post

If dressage is in the olympics, then anything should be in the olympics. Phone Post

Cheerleading will be in the Olympics next year.. Phone Post

Need to get darts & bass fishing in there..... poker also.

Is curling still in?

Any sport you can do in the Olympics while smoking and drinking beer should not be an Olympic event, imo.

Cornhole should be in the olympics Phone Post

Strykr619 -
mr1709 - 
Steppenwolf - I think a sport has to meet certain criteria before it can be accepted. One criterion is how international it is. BJJ hasn't reached that level yet. If it were an olympic sport, Brazil's medal count would triple.

With that criteria why is basketball in the olympics. Only countries that play it are usa..argentina and spain pretty much. The usa will pretty much always win it to since they are the only ones who take that sport seriously

Where as a sport like rugby...south africa, new zealand, australia, fiji, samoa, france, england, argentina...

LOL because you don't know what you are talking about Basketball is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. You do understand that there are PRO leagues in Italy, Russia, Germany, Spain, Turkey, China, Australia and South America right? (and the b-ballers get paid 7 figure salaries). 

Strip away throws from Judo and what it is? Oh thats right Jiu Jitsu. BJJ will have a hard time being Olympic. 

"Strip away throws from Judo and what it is" are you kidding me?

Strip away hurdles from 110 metre hurdles and what isit, 110 metre sprint, strip away below the waist attacks from freestyle and what isit, Greco! Strip away the beach from beach volley ball and what isit, regular volley ball! Stupid fucking argument. Phone Post

I've trained BJJ since 2007, so I'm no hater. But it's fucking BORING to watch. 90% of the matches are guys struggling to maintain or improve position. Most sub attempts get blocked, which leads right back to the neutral struggle. Even to someone who knows what's going on, it gets really dull. Imagine it from a layman's perspective.

Fuck bjj in the olympics, theyll probably give it a 5 min time limit. Phone Post

Bmx was fun to watch... A better example is how is a speed walking race in the olympics! Phone Post