How the hell is BMX in the Olympics and JJitsu not

the olympics are a fucking joke as it is, i don't know why so many jiu jitsu practioners want to be associated with it, other than the money. the exposure is already there. and amatuer mma will never get into the olympics until they can make it safer for the fighters(protective equipment of some sort).
i don't care what you mother fuckers have to say either, fighting 6 plus matches, without protection, in under 2 weeks for a gold medal will cause countless injuries that the general public does not want to see. honestly, i give mma another 20 plus years before a legit amatuer system is in place.

Its crazy how many sports are in the Olympics yet others arent.

I'm sure competitive eating will be in the Olympics before mma/bjj.

step right up to witness the gold medal match, how exciting, who can eat the most wings in 3 minutes will win an Olympic Gold Medal.

BMX is a fucking great spectator sport, BJJ is dull in comparison. Phone Post

Pierre2891 - 

Bmx was fun to watch... A better example is how is a speed walking race in the olympics! Phone Post

i could be a dick here and say that BJJ is just as boring if you don't know what you're looking at.

"Anyone who thinks Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is going to be in the Olympics this century is an idiot. Instead of preaching and rallying for BJJ to be an Olympic sport, spend 10 minutes reading over the criteria in order for a sport to even be considered by the Olympic committee. BJJ doesn't even meet half the criteria, not even close. Please inform yourself so us educated folk don't look at you like you're an idiot. Let's try to get Masturbation into the 2016 Olympics!!! Shoot for Gold, both literally and figuratively:)"

- My educated friend

Ghetto-Top-Team -  I've trained BJJ since 2007, so I'm no hater. But it's fucking BORING to watch. 90% of the matches are guys struggling to maintain or improve position. Most sub attempts get blocked, which leads right back to the neutral struggle. Even to someone who knows what's going on, it gets really dull. Imagine it from a layman's perspective.

This is so correct it hurts.

In order to be consider as an Olympic sport you must have an international governing body and a world championship

Sports International Federation must be in compliance with the Olympic Charter which means Anti-Doping Code and conduct effective out of contest testing

Summer Olympic Sports- For men participants in 75 countries over 4 continents and women 40 countries/3 continents.

Winter sports 25 countries 

These means the countries must be an active participant and belong to the sporting federation. Sport doesn't necessarily have to be popular as Ice Hockey isn't really popular in Ireland yet it's a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation.

Physical not mechanical athletic performance is required. Sports, disciplines or events in which performance depends on mechanical propulsion is not acceptable. 

Usually the sport is a recognized sport and has held at least 2 International championships before it's even considered 

Most Significant Point:

Then the Olympic executive board will hold an up or down vote on the sport.Currently there's is only room for 28 sports in the Summer Olympics and 8 sports will be voted on in 2016 to see which 2 will be chosen.

They include Baseball, Softball, Rugby 7's, Karate, Golf, Squash, Roller sports and as of yet unnamed 8th sport. 

It would be cool to see if the 8th sport was BJJ but all these points aside it doesn't have the mass spectator appeal as of yet......but still hope.

Sorry, but I can't respect the judgments of a hair-splitting committee that won't allow sports like BJJ, Chess, X-Arm, etc.

willienugget - 
genshi - In order to be consider as an Olympic sport you must have an international governing body and a world championship

Sports International Federation must be in compliance with the Olympic Charter which means Anti-Doping Code and conduct effective out of contest testing

Summer Olympic Sports- For men participants in 75 countries over 4 continents and women 40 countries/3 continents.

Winter sports 25 countries 

These means the countries must be an active participant and belong to the sporting federation. Sport doesn't necessarily have to be popular as Ice Hockey isn't really popular in Ireland yet it's a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation.

Physical not mechanical athletic performance is required. Sports, disciplines or events in which performance depends on mechanical propulsion is not acceptable. 

Usually the sport is a recognized sport and has held at least 2 International championships before it's even considered 

Most Significant Point:

Then the Olympic executive board will hold an up or down vote on the sport.Currently there's is only room for 28 sports in the Summer Olympics and 8 sports will be voted on in 2016 to see which 2 will be chosen.

They include Baseball, Softball, Rugby 7's, Karate, Golf, Squash, Roller sports and as of yet unnamed 8th sport. 

It would be cool to see if the 8th sport was BJJ but all these points aside it doesn't have the mass spectator appeal as of yet......but still hope.

Based on that, BMX should not have been included either (mechanical propulsion).

They would probably get a lot futher along if they just called it jiu-jitsu.

I think they take mechanical propulsion is an engine of some sort powered by fluid etc....propulsion itself is everything from engines to muscles.....so i think the actual pedalling is considered propulsion.....if we said BMX shouldn;t be a game because of that they would counter act with something along lines of "so are you cycling shouldn't be a game....etc etc blah.'

I wish jitz BJJ or JJJ would be fantastic to say that we are closer to mma being there but it will only have a few people in there who are educated and know what is going on and appreciate it whereas every other fuck is gonna look a tit going "get off him, hit him....this is boring.''

Even an 'olympic' form of Jitz would be cool....like they've done to Judo and WTF style TKD......

However I would settle for submission grappling at least......just olympic ADCC would be the least they could do.

bjj does not deserve it.

that said, a lot of these 'sports' are suspect, but someone put it into perspective for me pretty simply when they said,

it's the Olympic "Games"... not Olympic Sports.

Chutes and Ladders? I think it's used as just another name for sports.

trampoline. nuff said

I think the goal is to get people to watch who are not sports fans.

StretchPlum - Chutes and Ladders? I think it's used as just another name for sports.

trampoline. nuff said

I think the goal is to get people to watch who are not sports fans.

This indeed.....it's made up of sports, games, disciplines whatever you want to call it but at the end of the day they want people to watch........hence why golf and rugby are being brought in at Brazil 2016.....two huge viewer numbers for the 'games' now not to mention the good expsoure for cooporate sponsors.

Swimming seems to get a pass here, but isn't every stroke besides freestyle the equivalent of funny looking running?

Your goal isn't to swim as fast as you could (which would be freestyle), it's to swim in a specific goofy fashion...

Max Phone Post

They should have capture the flag with each nations special forces.

I'd watch that Phone Post

Slapsymaxi - 

Swimming seems to get a pass here, but isn't every stroke besides freestyle the equivalent of funny looking running?

Your goal isn't to swim as fast as you could (which would be freestyle), it's to swim in a specific goofy fashion...

Max Phone Post

I always had a thought like that too.....So I'm not good at swimming normally so I'll swim a different way that is slower than normal and just say it's a different discipline.lol

Give me da gold...

Endowedwelter - Bmx is awesome to watch and do. Much better examples to compare against than it like the horse dancing shit or walking or the gymnastics with ribbons and shit. Phone Post

It's called rhythmic gymnastics, you clod! Phone Post

UGCTT_song2 - 

They should have capture the flag with each nations special forces.

I'd watch that Phone Post

That is fantastic idea actually.....

Would be amazing to watch. Please forward that to the olympic comittee right now and just say instead of live fire make it paintballing or something.lol

excellent!

Actually race walking has a long tradition, stupid as it may look.

3 card monte is next.

I don't consider diving a sport at all, but that's reaching out to a specific demographic who is fairly affluent, so it's on frequently.

OP... because people enjoy seeing other face plant onto a concrete floor while others ride over their toothless faces...

then compare that to 6 minutes of stalling and a win by advantage???

Sport BJJ rules are already fucked up and annoying. Making it an Olympic sport would make them worse.