How to be a bouncer

I bounced once ... then I landed pretty hard ...

seems like there is always a lot of guys who bounce on here. How do you all get into it? go through security companies? or do u just talk to the club/bar directly?

I have bounced myself for some extra cash and I thought it was funny. But I just knew that some people here would get their panties in a bunch about it.

MrPennypacker, that Dimetri Martin sure is funny isn't he?

Have a name like Dalton.

My guess is at the weekend MrPennypacker's fake id didnt do the job so he didn't get into the club. The bouncer in question did let his girl in though, then at the end of the night he got a BJ in the car park from MrPennypacker's bird.

^ Doesn't get the joke.

Demitri is a funny ass dude and Dane is not worth the dingleberries on his ass hair.

thanks Walt

"3. Beat the piss out of a drunk guy."

With 4 or so other bouncers standing around 'just in case'...

This happened just last weekend. I only just met this dude and his gf. We were out and he attempted to put his cap on in a club - twice. The second time he was asked to leave, when he asked why, one bouncer pushed him to another, who did the shirt over the head trick and threw him outside on to the pavement, then after that 3 or so bouncers in unison say 'getup'... He reacts angrily, so I just step in and remind him that taking on 5 coconuts (islanders) at the same time is just not smart. He's struggling but gives in (only after grabbing a bottle out of a bin and throwing it in their general direction... Funny thing is I know a ton of bouncers and have trained with many in my area, and they all know this club is known for having losers on the door - which I was able to verify.

"seems like there is always a lot of guys who bounce on here. How do you all get into it? go through security companies? or do u just talk to the club/bar directly?"

in OZ, we work for a company,which have contracts with various different clubs, i get on pretty well with my boss,do my job and amen't a thug at work, so i pretty much get to pick and choose where i work now.
the "trendy" bars can suck,with obnoxious people, often getting them pulling the old "do you know who i am" routine or, "I do XYZ for a living!" "ill make sure you get fired!"

standingonthebox.blogspot.com

best bouncer stuff you will ever read!

Don't worry Maggies he wasn't my type.

What is funny to me, as a former bouncer, is many of you internet warriors that walk in to my bar and claim to be a kickboxing champ, MMA champ or a Navy Seal and cry like a baby when you are asked to leave. Then you have the unmitigated gaul to come on here and try to insult all bouncers. Funny...very funny.