How to break down opp. guard?

What's the best way you've found to break an opponent's posture in full (open) guard? I have the problem of my opponent posturing up on me while I have them in my guard. I use the wrist control technique a lot, but I was wondering if anyone on here has a better way of breaking someone down?

gouge him in the eye

lol, I'll try that next class. Anyone else?

ttt

ask on the atama bjj forum

I'm not a bjj expert, but what I'll do if my guard is already open and they are postured is try to get two underhooks and pull them back down to me.. Then close guard and secure their head with a gable grip, or an underhook and cup the back of their head..

You could try some sweeps on him too? I always go for a scissors sweep when they posture up and my guard is open.

ttt for some better advice :)

If u get a guy passing ur guard and he feels like he's slick, u can put ur heels on his hips and kick off.

U can also pull him back in w/ the aforementioned technique.

Or U can Use the butterfly reversals or shin on stomach reversals.

I'm sure there is tons of more ways.

JOB & immaccula, thanks for the advice. ttt for more...
illd3sign, I don't really do the whole body wash thing, I'm more of a bar soap and washcloth kinda guy.
ttt for more good advice from my UG bretheren...

TTT

thanks guys. the advice is def appreciated.

youtube vid search techniques

if hes in the posture i m thinking of, scissor sweep to mount

open your guard.

I'm sure he appreciates your worthless advice. You two should write a book.

lmfao @ punch in the face :)

gotta love the ug. seriously though, the advice has been really helpful. I use the scissor sweep quite a bit, and I'll try the other stuff when I practice tommorrow. thanks again to JOB for keeping this thread alive.

full guard OR open guard? full (open) is sort of an oxymoron

how do you break down someone's posture with wrist grips??

"I'm not a bjj expert, but what I'll do if my guard is already open and they are postured is try to get two underhooks and pull them back down to me.. Then close guard and secure their head with a gable grip, or an underhook and cup the back of their head.. "

This is actually the best way to break someone's posture. Replace "underhook and cup the back of their head" with OVERHOOK and cup that back of their head....but to each his own.

big fan of keeping the overhooks...I find it's easier to transition with overhooks.

Not a big fan of keeping closed gaurd thou.