How to Display Book in Shadow Box?

Anyone crafty enough to figure this out? I want to display a closed, odd shaped book in a shadow box so that it is "floating" in the centre. An example is here:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10469488.The_couple_who_frame_old_Penguin_books_as_artwork/

So far the only thing I can think of is gluing the pages so it won't open and gluing the back to the back panel. I would rather find an option that doesn't involve totally ruining the book but not sure if this is possible.

Quality heated shrink wrap with the seam on the back of the book .

Double sided tape or reusable ashesive putty

Is double sided tape or putty strong enough for the weight of a book?

Velcro to hold it in place and some fishing line to hold it closed

The fishing line wouldn't be visible? How would I "tie" the line to the book? Vertically and horizontally looped and the bow of the tie behind the book?

Dude I was serious . Go to a place that wraps movie /concert posters , or you can use tape or fishing line .

I usually just cut clear plastic dowels long enough to support the object on bottom corners and put them through the back of the box, you can almost always find an appropriate length to keep it upright and make the peg mostly invisible; I've rebuilt and butchered shadow boxes many different ways. Adhesives and even fishing line is gonna be a real bitch if you care about the condition of the book at all.

Oh I looked up the shrink wrap option and it looked like I needed too many expensive tools for it to work. What kind of shop wraps posters? Would they be able to "float" a book? Reason I ask is that posters have the depth of like a mm and weight nearly nothing where as these books are thick and have a little weight to them.

Harlow's - do you drill a hole for the dowel rod through the back of the shadow box? How do you attach it so it is sturdy?

SpeedKing9 - Oh I looked up the shrink wrap option and it looked like I needed too many expensive tools for it to work. What kind of shop wraps posters? Would they be able to "float" a book? Reason I ask is that posters have the depth of like a mm and weight nearly nothing where as these books are thick and have a little weight to them.
They can affix a attachment to the shrink wrap that will be strong enough to hold the book . Poster shop , frame place maybe ? I dunno anymore .

SpeedKing9 - The fishing line wouldn't be visible? How would I "tie" the line to the book? Vertically and horizontally looped and the bow of the tie behind the book?

Fishing line is usually so thin and clear that it shouldn't be noticeable. If you want you could also poke pin holes in the edges or middle of the book and feed a small amount of fishing line and just tie them to each other

SpeedKing9 - Harlow's - do you drill a hole for the dowel rod through the back of the shadow box? How do you attach it so it is sturdy?

Yep. You can also buy plexi, or just grab a piece of scrap from a glass shop, score and snap to size and using a heatgun bend it into a clear bracket to run under the book; I'd drill that the opposite direction.

fastnotch331 -
SpeedKing9 - Oh I looked up the shrink wrap option and it looked like I needed too many expensive tools for it to work. What kind of shop wraps posters? Would they be able to "float" a book? Reason I ask is that posters have the depth of like a mm and weight nearly nothing where as these books are thick and have a little weight to them.
They can affix a attachment to the shrink wrap that will be strong enough to hold the book . Poster shop , frame place maybe ? I dunno anymore .

Hobby lobby does all that kinda stuff

Harlow's - thanks for the suggestion. The plexi option is way beyond my capability. I don't have a heat gun or know how to manipulate glass.