How to get rid of tapeworms in dogs?

I know this is a weird question but I was wondering if anyone knows any home remedies to killing tapeworms in dogs? I have heard that garlic works but thats it. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Take them to a vet. Phone Post 3.0

My farmer uncle swears feeding them tobacco (cigarettes) will do the job. I wouldn't try it though.

If you can't afford a vet, find a feed store and buy a worm pill there.
When I use to own a lot of dogs I bought Ivermectin from a feed store and that's all I used. It kills everything internal and external. It's labeled as a cattle/swine wormer but it's the same thing the vet uses to treat heart worms. Phone Post 3.0

Zekolas - Take them to a vet. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you , I never would have thought of that.

My vet is closed until Monday, but I was hoping in the meantime to find a way to fix it on my own. My dog gets tapeworms all the time and usually I give him garlic like the vet told me to but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other cures.

If you burn the body, the tapeworms will die in the fire. Phone Post 3.0

Is your dog on heartworm treatment? If so, that should do it.

If it's not on heartworm treatment, you should put it on. I give my dog a pill that kills all worms and also kills fleas (or makes them sterile so they can't lay eggs).

Heartworm treatment is standard, and if your dog is already on it then there's no need to treat further.

tourist - Is your dog on heartworm treatment? If so, that should do it.

If it's not on heartworm treatment, you should put it on. I give my dog a pill that kills all worms and also kills fleas (or makes them sterile so they can't lay eggs).

Heartworm treatment is standard, and if your dog is already on it then there's no need to treat further.

Yes he is on heart worm treatment. Are you saying if I give him his next doese that should do it?

ksacs revenge - If you burn the body, the tapeworms will die in the fire. Phone Post 3.0
This is an actually fact. Phone Post 3.0

ksacs revenge - If you burn the body, the tapeworms will die in the fire. Phone Post 3.0

Finally someone with some advice I can use. VU

ksacs revenge - If you burn the body, the tapeworms will die in the fire. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Sheldonite - If you can't afford a vet, find a feed store and buy a worm pill there.
When I use to own a lot of dogs I bought Ivermectin from a feed store and that's all I used. It kills everything internal and external. It's labeled as a cattle/swine wormer but it's the same thing the vet uses to treat heart worms. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks VU

Seedy Pea - My farmer uncle swears feeding them tobacco (cigarettes) will do the job. I wouldn't try it though.

I think I have heard that one too. I wonder how much it would take. Not that I'm going to try it though.

El Duderino - 

I know this is a weird question but I was wondering if anyone knows any home remedies to killing tapeworms in dogs? I have heard that garlic works but thats it. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Diatomaceous earth for dogs it's cheap and works great it has to be food grade ,there all kinds info on the net for it !

sanno - 
El Duderino - 

Diatomaceous earth for dogs it's cheap and works great it has to be food grade ,there all kinds info on the net for it !

Thanks, I will look into it. VU

My grandparents swore by chewing tobacco Phone Post 3.0

You know how you're supposed to suck the venom out of someone that just got bit by a snake? Well. . . . . Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback - 

How do you even know your dog has tapeworms?  

If he does you can wait a couple of days to get in to a vet.  You might want to make sure about that kind of thing. 

Because there are pieces of tapeworms in his poop. He gets them all the time like I said previously. I know what they look like.

I am going to take him to the vet. I just thought it would be interesting to find out if there were any home remedies. Is that alright with you?

El Duderino - 
Ridgeback - 

How do you even know your dog has tapeworms?  

If he does you can wait a couple of days to get in to a vet.  You might want to make sure about that kind of thing. 

Because there are pieces of tapeworms in his poop. He gets them all the time like I said previously. I know what they look like.

I am going to take him to the vet. I just thought it would be interesting to find out if there were any home remedies. Is that alright with you?

First, heartworm preventative will not kill tapeworms.  Second, the medication used to kill actual live heartworms is serious shit.  Third, you don't need to use that to kill tapeworms.  Fourth, go to the vet to get the proper medication.  Fifth, put the dog on some kind of flea medicine because the only way dogs get tapeworms is by eating a flea that is carrying a tapeworm larva or egg.   They can eat a live tapeworm and will not get tapeworms.  It is only through eating a flea that is carrying it.  So, do something about your flea problem and the dog won't get tapeworms anymore.  

You're welcome. 

Zekolas - Take them to a vet. Phone Post 3.0