how to get rid of winpc virus?

I picked this up from justin.tv (I'm not going back there again) and can't get rid of it. This thing is a bitch.

It won't let me run my mcafee scan. The virus stops that. It blocks websites that try to help remove it. I read on a diff computer that malwarebyte's malware remover is the best to getrid of it. I downloaded it on the infected computer but it won't open.I think the virus is blocking it.

Anyone know any way to git rid of this thing for free?

thanks for any answers

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1464748&page=1&pc=1

alxholic's link is a lifesaver!

best buy geeksquad will fix you up.

dammit. I thought it might be that but I had to check. First time anyones got me in a while

<!--- blog subject --->

<!--- blog body --->

Please download ....ATF Cleaner.... by Atribune.

This program is for XP

update, then run

....Step #2....

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

update, then run

....If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.....

....Step #3....

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users                                                             

update, then run

•  

•            

then get firefox -updated-with the extensions noscript and adblock. stop using internet explorer.

ccleaner is good too

install a mac on your pc

lol poor little bastards, still battling with virus/malware?

scourge - It blocks websites that try to help remove it.

Sounds like it has modified your HOSTS file to block any anti-virus sites. If it has you need to edit your HOSTS file to remove the blocked anti-virus sites.

Next time, to avoid most of this, you should get a good firewall. First line of defense.

Windows XP 'firewall' is garbage, it will let in 'everything'.

Windows Vista firewall is better.

A superb free firewall is by Comodo.

Penicillin?

ttt

MMAINCA - throw your computer in a river

This

ttt

what I don't get is why malwarebytes won't open. I downloaded it, it said finished, but won't open.

this bug is a bastard.

I'm going to try what ranier wolfcastle said. or the river thing

ssems the key is malwarebytes but it won't let me run it.I just deleted and redownloaded it and still can't run it. Anyone else have any suggestions?

you need to rename the installer exe to say, apple.exe, then when it is installed, make a copy of the mbam.exe under the "C:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\" directory and rename it apple.exe and run the renamed .exe

The virus prevents the running of the files for malware bytes install, and once installed by name, renaming them to something else lets them work.

Also delete your "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" file, I'm sure it's full of crap.

do all the cleaning with your computer off the network, once you get through 2-3 passes of cleaning and rebooting, then, connect it to the network, update all the programs to catch additional stuff, and run cleans again.