How to guarentee you get a SYR Rio Koi next week

bearcat4 -
thebjjprofessor -  I'm really glad I got the A2.  Here's a video and photos of mine.  I wear an a3 in all other gis so this is new!

http://gireviews.net/shoyoroll-batch-12-rio-koi-first-impressions/ 

you and I are about the same size - 6'1, 200 ish

My first shoyoroll was the Grey Skies in A3, to this day is one of my best fitting gi's. i got an A3 again in the Americana and that was huge, i hate rolling in it.

I gave the A2 a shot on the Count, out the bag was perfect on me and fit exactly like my Grey Skies. but after 1 wash it shrunk pretty good - no machine dry, and is now a little too tight on me.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the gi fit after your first couple washes

Sell me your Americana, I'm 6,3? Phone Post

Hey guys, this is my first time buying a shoyoroll gi. I am 5'9 about 160lbs and I bought an A2. According to the size chart on the shoyoroll website, it may be a little big, but all my gis up to this point have been A2s. I understand that it might be a little big out of the packaging, but I just assumed that it would shrink a little after a couple washes just like all my other gis. From what a lot of you guys are saying this gi runs a little big, but should it be that big of an issue?

Got two SYR Gi's , not sure I see the attraction anymore

Buchan560, you might be OK. I'm 5'9" and 160 also. I got an A1L rio koi and it fits perfect.

Right out of the bag it was a bit baggy and too long in the sleeves. I washed it once in cold water, thinking I would throw it in the dryer to shrink it down, but after the cold wash, the arms had shrunk to the perfect length, and like I said, it's a perfect fit. Cold wash, hang dry, and my sleeves shrank 1-1.5"

I think you might be able to shrink an A2 to fit you. The "light tech" weave seems to shrink a lot more than pearl weave.