How to handle a headbutt??

I disagree about a headbutt like that not being a fight stopper.  Head butts do happen at times... Heads crash during takedowns, clinch work, etc... but when a fighter is in an opposing fighters guard and intentionally drops the noodle on her, that is a different story. 

sgavin you got to look at the alternatives. Should the girl be rewarded a victory because the other girl used an illegal tactic? How rewarding would that be for her, or the fans?

A no contest is an option, but if the girl still wanted to fight after the foul, then the fight should go on. Probably if the girl had said she can't continue, the fight would have been ruled DQ or NC, but she chose to fight.

The deduction was really the only real option given the circumstances.

Or they could man up and not make it such a big deal. =)

Dangerboy,

I think the fair to the fans part of it is why something like that needs to be reviewed after the fight.  If the figher refuses to continue after the foul and the fight is a DQ, then it's the fans who really get screwed.

I don't think not addressing an infraction is "manning up" (funny consider it was a female fight... but hey, what can you do :)  )  I posted it here mainly looking for feedback and the overwhelming response has been that the fight should be a DQ.  I'm obviously biased, so I wanted to get the opinions of others.  I do think a NC is the correct ruling here.

DQ - No Contest.