How To Massively Increase DL Speeds On Steam!!

Potentially**

I usually get about 2-4 MB/s when downloading on steam.  I found a link to some game and player stats through steam which shows a global map and some stats on traffic per region.

So I switched my region from Canada to Mexico and went from 3MB/s to 11.1MB/s!!  Went from an estimated 4.5hours download time to 1hr 20min.  

Here is the link to the traffic data: https://store.steampowered.com/stats/content

Here is how to change your server region in Steam:

1: Click on "Steam" menu tab in the top left-hand corner of steam.

2: Click on "Settings".

3 Click on "Downloads" to get into the downloads menu.

4: Select "Download region" dropdown menu and click on whichever region will give you the best download speeds according to the map in the link I provided.

5: Click "Ok" at bottom of menu.

6: Restart steam app.

7: Hopefully enjoy much better download speeds like I am!!

I could never figure out why my dl speeds were so low.  I would turn off as many devices I could, used a direct connection but never helped much.  Turns out it is because there is too much traffic on my local Steam server.   Hope this works for everyone.  Post your results if you try this.

**You may have to try out a few diff regions before you get better results.  I only had to switch once though.

1 Like

That one simple "Trick" go me almost 4X the download speed.  

I'm gonna climb on top of my wife tonight.

Dashabox -

Wait till I'm finished with het.

Don't want you trying to stick something in my butt

“Mississippi State defensive end Montez Sweat runs an official 4.41 40-yard dash at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine.”

eubie5 -
Dashabox -

Wait till I'm finished with het.

Don't want you trying to stick something in my butt

What are you talking about?

She has three usable holes, enough for both of us.

Gomrad -

“Mississippi State defensive end Montez Sweat runs an official 4.41 40-yard dash at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine.”

Thought you guys would appreciate the tip.  I guess not.

Gomrad -

Oooohhh

TTT

How fast is your internet?  I get like 17-20 mb/s and I'm in Canadia 

Old trick from when the summer and winter sales were actually good. Used to use all the time. I get about 27 MB/s ussually.