How to prepare for Law School??

Hey,

I'm still waiting for letters from schools but most likely I'm going to NY Law School, Hofstra, Suffolk, or Seton Hall depending on which school accepts me. I heard that 1L can be very brutal and the most important on the 3 years.

I really want to do a good job my first year. Do you guys have any tips on what books to read or what to do to prepare for 1L in September??

There's really nothing that will "prepare" you for law school, and different people have different strategies for success once you get there. What worked for me was reading ALL the material before class, then paying attention in class without taking many notes, and taking notes afterward. Take lots of practice tests before you take your real tests, just to get used to the screwy types of questions some profs ask. Above all, try not to freak out. The workload is usually pretty intense, but you can get it all done without giving up your live entirely, but it takes careful time management.

Don't forget there are also lots of books out there about
preparing for law school, I can't really remember any but amazon
has a number of them.

Relax and enjoy your summer. Everything you need to know will be taught to you in law school. No matter how well prepared you are, the first year is hell. So just have a fun summer!

Hey thanks alot Navin and others. That's some good stuff up there! I'm going to try to do some of the stuff Navin suggested.

Time to relax and enjoy the summer before hell begins....

I will be a 1L in august too, so thanks for these comments.