How to Tell if a BJJ Instructor is a Fraud

Here's an article I wrote this week to amuse myself.  

http://www.jeffjitsu.com/Blog/Entries/2015/10/12_How_to_Tell_if_a_BJJ_Instructor_is_a_Fraud.html

Well if you have trained. Roll with them immediately. You can tell real quick. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah. I was thinking of tips for people who haven't trained and can't tell who's legit

Also I wanted to post this on the BJJ forum. Whoops Phone Post 3.0

wombat - Yeah. I was thinking of tips for people who haven't trained and can't tell who's legit

Also I wanted to post this on the BJJ forum. Whoops Phone Post 3.0
Ya I gotcha. I've just seen people with training be confused. It's easy. And if the black belt won't roll with you i say gtfo. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you, this is very helpful. Phone Post 3.0

Had to check to make sure I wasn't a Fraud... 

Elvis knows how to pronounce the R

Also, good, fun piece, Wombat. The last point you made was a great one.

The world is filled with folks who are by no means "frauds," but who I would still never consider training with for any number of other reasons. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

What about when I put him in an armbar and he says "cool move" and then asks me to teach it to him? Phone Post 3.0

Mine is a 2x ADCC vet but I'm not convinced Phone Post 3.0

OGT - Mine is a 2x ADCC vet but I'm not convinced Phone Post 3.0
Sounds like a total bitch Phone Post 3.0

Wombat great post... Phone Post 3.0

Your predictions were spot on, amazing.

And a good piece on fraudery:)

caseharts -
OGT - Mine is a 2x ADCC vet but I'm not convinced Phone Post 3.0
Sounds like a total bitch Phone Post 3.0
Do we dojo storm this bitch? Phone Post 3.0

My new Bjj coach has got a good resume and is well known in my town, guys from our gym are always placing in tourneys but I've never seen him roll.

He hobbles around the gym like only the the top half of his back is working. I've only been there a few weeks and I'm definitely getting better. Is my new coach a fraud? Phone Post 3.0

Elvis - 

Had to check to make sure I wasn't a Fraud... 

Hey Elvis what up bro! Always wondered man do you speak Croatian?
Where abouts are your parents from in Croatia and have you ever been there?
All the best bro!

caseharts - Well if you have trained. Roll with them immediately. You can tell real quick. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sure this is entirely true. I mean yeah, the outright fakes are pretty easy to spot this way. But sometimes guys that are pretty decent purples or Browns get it into their heads to suddenly decide they are black belts. You can be a blue belt or an experienced white belt and still get tooled up by one of these guys when you roll. Doesn't mean they are a legit black belt though. Phone Post 3.0

Hey FightToLive

I used to speak Croatian when I was younger but now it's fallen by the wayside, now only a couple of choice words.

I haven't visited since I was a kid. Been meaning to go back but haven't gotten around to it

Elvis Phone Post 3.0

Why does the Portuguese R only exist in MMA/BJJ?
See Ronaldo, Fat Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivelinho, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Ramires... You get the picture. Phone Post 3.0

I lived in Rio and can confirm the "r" as "h" sound isn't just for jiujitsu guys. Phone Post 3.0