How to visit WW2 vets?

So I've been really looking to have my sons, who are old enough (7 and 9) to understand, meet and visit with Word War II veterans to pay their respects.

We have friends and family that have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we talk w/ them all the time.

I really want my sons to meet the men who fought in that war before it is absolutely too late.

Any advice?

Old folks home? Its getting pretty late.

All the ones I've known have past away. Your local VFW probably can piint you in the right direction.

Yeah, the last one I knew was my best friend's grandfather. Nicest old man you ever knew.

Didn't know he was a commanding officer in the Marines on the Pacific campaign until his wake and funeral.

Where are you? My grandfather was in ww2. He went and spoke to a high school class today. He was excited to get to do it. Phone Post 3.0

My grandfather just passed last month. His brother is the last surviving ww2 vet I know. Phone Post 3.0

Some also dont like to talk about it. My granddad was in burma during the war but sold all his medels soon after and hates talking about it. Phone Post 3.0

Die Phone Post 3.0

tom_hkr - Some also dont like to talk about it. My granddad was in burma during the war but sold all his medels soon after and hates talking about it. Phone Post 3.0
My grandad wouldn't talk about it either until a few years ago, he's opened up quite a bit the last few years. Phone Post 3.0

Volunteer at an Alzheimer's care facility or a VA hospital.

reagan123 - Where are you? My grandfather was in ww2. He went and spoke to a high school class today. He was excited to get to do it. Phone Post 3.0

Saratoga County NY.

Actually near a national cemetery.

i'll look into the local VFW.