How was CONDIT/ELLENBERGER not a DRAW???

I'm interested in how people scored this.  To me, this was another classic example of what a draw should be in MMA.

10-8 Ellenberger

10-9 Condit

10-9 Condit

28/28 = DRAW

Haole -  because the judges didnt score it like you did?

"We had NOT considered this, dude."

-Brant, The Big Lebowski

I, too, was thinking the fight could easily have been a draw.

I was expecting them to give it to Condit, but I agree that maybe a draw should of been given.

I don't think I would have argued if it was a draw, but I do believe Condit won rounds 2 and 3.

inf0 -  Seriously? I thought Condit won by a fairly large margin.

"Fairly large margin"?  How is that even possible in a 3 round fight where he unquestionably lost a round?

There is no way in hell he won the first, so that leaves him winning the 2nd and 3rd, which would only be a 29-28...

I'm not disagreeing with that logic, but the way Condit completely fell on his face twice lead me to give Jake the 10-8 first round.

triso - I don't think I would have argued if it was a draw, but I do believe Condit won rounds 2 and 3.

I think he won 2 and 3 as well, and I still had it a draw.

I guess maybe this comes down to the confusion as to what actually entails a 10-8 round.

I had it as a draw. Round 1 was 10-8 in my eyes, but Condit might've done enough to avoid the 10-8. 

Apparently the judges thought so.

Uncle Justice -  I'm interested in how people scored this.  To me, this was another classic example of what a draw should be in MMA.

10-8 Ellenberger

10-9 Condit

10-9 Condit

28/28 = DRAW

i actually didnt even think the first round shouldve been that close...it was more like 10-5... ellenbefger dropped condit like 3x ? and was convincingly controlling the fight the whole round

Who cares?

It was an awesome ffight and ellenburger is gonna be a pain in the ass to his oponents. They there that dude in with the wolves out of the gate, on short notice and he fucking performed.

agreed^^^

clattymine - Who cares?

It was an awesome ffight and ellenburger is gonna be a pain in the ass to his oponents. They there that dude in with the wolves out of the gate, on short notice and he fucking performed.

Who cares?  Well, you could really say that about any thread on the UG.

I agree it was an awesome fight and Ellenberger gained a lot of respect in the loss.  I was just curious how other people scored the fight, and I don't think we see enough draws in MMA.

First should have been a 10-8 or even 10-7, but I think we all knew it wouldn't be since judges have mental blocks against using anything but 10-9. I thought Condit was flat out KO'd twice in that round.

I had Ellenberger winning the first round 10-8, and winning the 2nd 10-9.

Regardless of the outcome, that fight was fucking awesome.

Jake took the fight on a bit of short noticed, and showed up bigtime against someone of Condits caliber.

I was so impressed by his poise and overall octagon demeanor. Very proud to see him in there putting everything together.

He will be a Champion someday.

TBidness

I also saw first round as 10-8 or even 10-7, was surprised when it wasn't a draw, or even a split for Ellen.

A very good, close fight and Ellenberger raised his stock even with a loss. I didn't think the decision was too bad but a draw may have been more fair.

condite edge out that win but i see ellenburger becoming formidable. He just gained a fan by me.

I had it as a 10-8 too.

They really, really need to define what constitutes a 10-8 round.

triso - I don't think I would have argued if it was a draw, but I do believe Condit won rounds 2 and 3.

Uncle Justice - 

I think he won 2 and 3 as well, and I still had it a draw.

I guess maybe this comes down to the confusion as to what actually entails a 10-8 round.

Maybe it comes down to the confusion of how a fucking Fight is scored.. I watched this fight twice and I can't see how Candit won the 2nd.. 3rd yes. 1st 10-8 ellenburger  2nd 10-9 ellenburger 3rd 10-9 condit.

Damage-ellenburger

takedowns- ellenburger

stand up-ellenburger

Tell me the logic of Condit winning that fight????