how was the tournament today guys?

Yeah I heard there was only 1 point in it:

Roots: 100
SPMA/Machado: 99
Gracie Sydney: 86

Close as!!!

maybe a gi only area needs to be made per event? only cunts(:P)with gi's can use it. anyone else gets a knee bar or somthing?

sounds so fucked . feel bad for rumble. good luck mate.

i mean maybe the refs need to fit standards., maybe use only official refs that have to pass like a ref class. kinda like a first aid course. not huge or anything?

Yeh imagine if someone caught those fuckers it woulda been like 200 guys choking and breaking the shit out of them. My first blue belt comp, i got smashed too. my arm was killing me today at work. Any news on the roots fighter who was injured?

Luckily for us the Machado guys tend to group together and there always seemed to somebody around our stuff. I had my wallet and phone in my bag. Luckily I had my camera with me the whole day. Though when I heard stuff was going missing I made sure I didn't put it down again (like I had earlier in the day).

"i mean maybe the refs need to fit standards., maybe use only official refs that have to pass like a ref class. kinda like a first aid course. not huge or anything?"

Seriously, it's hard enough to get Referees to attend the course let alone a test. The problem is we get refs come and start reffing. They've got the basics down, but first time they're gonna make mistakes. They get harrassed so they don't come back next time. That means starting again with new refs. When I was coaching I'd shout if a call was missed. If the ref still ignored it so be it. At the end of the match, I'd go up to the ref and explain my perspective and reasoning behind the call. Hopefully they learnt something new. I never made it personal. You've got to accept mistakes will happen. Help them improve and they will get better with time.

Elvis

"Maybe we need more higher belt fights...Like the BLACKS competing"

That definitely would have been good. Hopefully at the Nationals later this year that will happen. Anthony and I wanted to compete but none of the other Black Belts were ready. We even brought our Gi's to the event, "just in case"... :)

Elvis

What happens if a division has only fighters from one club? Does that club get all the points for that division? If that's the case you guys could fight each other, unless you have some policy against that...? Might even lure some points-hungry bb's from other clubs to compete...

Alas no. The division must have atleast two academies represented to have any points count.

The white belt under 61kg division only had 3 Machados. So instead of fighting each other, we opted to put them up to the u67kg division. The guys did a great job under the conditions.

Elvis

Sorry to hear about your dad Rumble... also about the stuff missing. It's pretty disappointing to think a competitor or BJJ club member might have done it. Maybe in future there could be an area where people could leave their bags/valuables with someone to watch them, maybe even a ticket system. It was good to see everyone competing, made me want to get my lazy arse into gear.

To prevent dickheads stealing your valuables leave them at home. That's plain and simple.

When you flash your digital camcorder, cameras, video cell phones out in public, stuff like that happens everyday, these assholes don't give a rats ass about you.

"u should have worked a match with perrosh for the crowd elvis ;)"

I think I wrestle him more than enough during the week without having to do it on my weekends, but thanks for the suggestion! :p

"btw my knee is finally feeling better after lying on my ass for 4 days with it up and iced....should be in by thurs or friday, thankfully its just swelling i thought i may have retorn the acl but i havent :)"

Glad to hear it's getting better. Your friend has also started training regularly. Looks like he's enjoying the classes as well.

Elvis

"Any news on the roots fighter who was injured?"I spoke with Paulo, for all of you that were concerned, the guy that was injured appears to be ok. He has a sore neck, but seems to be cleared of any serious complications.Regards,
Elvis

Phew! good news! i didn't feel much like mr popular when that happened cos it seemed some people thought i had neck cranked him, which i didn't by the way.

yeah i was about 107kg against steve and was 112 lest weekend, went off my diet for a while and was lifting more often

All size no technique... :p (Hopefully he won't read this til he gets back to Canberra as I'll probably have to wrestle him again tomorrow).

Elvis

well lucky for you i didn't read it:) just a quick heads up for anyone looking to get a private with Elvis, the Etiquette is to arive 5 mins late, and then DESTROY his toilete with the leftovers of a high protein diet.

Cary is ok and must be back on the mats next week. The Federation and myself would like to thanks for everybody support on the day and now.

About the Black Belt fights you can count that in June's 13th Australian Challenge we will have some fights and I hope that we can have some weight divisions too.

Cheers,

Paulo.

Great news on all fronts.

Elvis

PS. Denis is a BAD man!