How Will Combat Sports Rebound from this Pandemic?

How does this pandemic affect not only The UFC but all MMA, Boxing, Bareknuckle, and Kickboxing organizations all over the world? 

Do you think All Combat Sports is going to be without fans for a while?

Will fighters make less money?

Will sponsorships be scared they get no exposure?

What are your thoughts?

I would love to hear what's on your mind

?

can anyone give me there opinions? maybe some people that are in the business?...would love to hear your thought UG...

no idea why everyone hates you…but yeah, no fans for a while, and it’ll be great for the UFC because it’ll be the only live sports on TV.

The viewership numbers on ESPN are going to be amazing, regardless of the card. I saw a rerun of the 2007 NFL draft the other day.

Over 15 million people watched the first round of the NFL draft this year, up almost 40% from last year. That’s a huge increase, and it was on a fucking Thursday. The world is begging for anything resembling live sports.

The UFC shows will do huge numbers, and the fighters will be compensated well. As for other combat sports leagues? Probably not, because the live gate makes up a bigger % of their revenue.

A couple other things to consider…it is going to be “different” for a little while. Guys like Cowboy Cerrone who want to fight all the time will probably get lots of fights in the next several months. Whereas people who aren’t flexible and want full fight camps, and get easily frustrated by changes in schedule and lack of training partners (Amanda Nunes) likely won’t fight at all…or if they do, they’ll be such head cases about it that they lose to fighters they shouldn’t.

Mark my words, there’s going to be a star or two that come out of this that we’re not expecting. I have no idea who it’ll be, but there will be some guys who keeps saying yes and get like 4 wins from now through the end of the year and position themselves well for title shots they wouldn’t have gotten under the UFC’s typical schedule.

It could be a guy like Calvin Katter, Edmen Shabazyan or Rosenstriuk who are ranked 6-9 in their divsions. If the guys ahead of them in the rankings stay on the sidelines for most of the year, and we could be looking at a situation where they jump ahead of people in the top 2-3 who aren’t willing, or aren’t able to fight…and with the UFC wanting to do fights every week, these guys could potentially get 4 fights between now and the end of the year if they keep saying yes.

Rickmassmma - no idea why everyone hates you...but yeah, no fans for a while, and it'll be great for the UFC because it'll be the only live sports on TV.

The viewership numbers on ESPN are going to be amazing, regardless of the card. I saw a rerun of the 2007 NFL draft the other day.

Over 15 million people watched the first round of the NFL draft this year, up almost 40% from last year. That’s a huge increase, and it was on a fucking Thursday. The world is begging for anything resembling live sports.

The UFC shows will do huge numbers, and the fighters will be compensated well. As for other combat sports leagues? Probably not, because the live gate makes up a bigger % of their revenue.

thanks idk, i mean i guess sometimes i even hate myself so i understand. 

I have a lot to learn and a lot of growing to do.

but you are so right man

and i didnt know that about the Draft numbers being that much higher.

I hope the MMA numbers are huge and a lot of people do start watching and we get a new crossover of fans.

Rickmassmma - A couple other things to consider...it is going to be "different" for a little while. Guys like Cowboy Cerrone who want to fight all the time will probably get lots of fights in the next several months. Whereas people who aren't flexible and want full fight camps, and get easily frustrated by changes in schedule and lack of training partners (Amanda Nunes) likely won't fight at all...or if they do, they'll be such head cases about it that they lose to fighters they shouldn't.

Mark my words, there’s going to be a star or two that come out of this that we’re not expecting. I have no idea who it’ll be, but there will be some guys who keeps saying yes and get like 4 wins from now through the end of the year and position themselves well for title shots they wouldn’t have gotten under the UFC’s typical schedule.

It could be a guy like Calvin Katter, Edmen Shabazyan or Rosenstriuk who are ranked 6-9 in their divsions. If the guys ahead of them in the rankings stay on the sidelines for most of the year, and we could be looking at a situation where they jump ahead of people in the top 2-3 who aren’t willing, or aren’t able to fight…and with the UFC wanting to do fights every week, these guys could potentially get 4 fights between now and the end of the year if they keep saying yes.

i fricken love that man, i hope there ar many stars that come out of this. Those who do, deserve it big time and just needed the chance to show it. 

this is for sure there chance,

also love all 3 of those guys.

i have a feeling Edmen is gna fall short tho. people forget he had a very close fight with Darren Stewart. 

Edmen is a beast, just not sure if its his time just yet.

but you are so right on so many levels, will be interesting to see New Stars develop from all of this.

There's going to be a lot of restrictions on travel so it will make life difficult for many promotions. Less international events, less expansion into overseas markets, more local fighters fighting other local fighters. That might lead to a big reduction in revenue and interest for promotions. 

Denis Kelly -

There's going to be a lot of restrictions on travel so it will make life difficult for many promotions. Less international events, less expansion into overseas markets, more local fighters fighting other local fighters. That might lead to a big reduction in revenue and interest for promotions. 

Thank u for your insight.

i agree

promotions are going to have to be more creative than ever.

![](upload://9DfyN9yAzggRoTkGDMc4tgW1bHM.jpeg)

Kevinbarbers1 -
Rickmassmma - A couple other things to consider...it is going to be "different" for a little while. Guys like Cowboy Cerrone who want to fight all the time will probably get lots of fights in the next several months. Whereas people who aren't flexible and want full fight camps, and get easily frustrated by changes in schedule and lack of training partners (Amanda Nunes) likely won't fight at all...or if they do, they'll be such head cases about it that they lose to fighters they shouldn't.

i fricken love that man, i hope there ar many stars that come out of this. Those who do, deserve it big time and just needed the chance to show it. 

i have a feeling Edmen is gna fall short tho. people forget he had a very close fight with Darren Stewart. 

but you are so right on so many levels, will be interesting to see New Stars develop from all of this.

I'm almost looking at it like TUF in a weird way. We see guys go on runs because they were able to stay healthy and win under a weird set of circumstances (locked in a house, competing several times over an 8 week period etc)...and sometimes those guys turn into stars, and sometimes dudes like Hayder Hassan who looked great on the show and won several fights end up losing in the UFC and cut a year later. 

Obviously this is a little different, but my point is, I think we'll see a few fighters who keep taking fights really pop with the public by year end. 

Captain Canuck -

![](upload://9DfyN9yAzggRoTkGDMc4tgW1bHM.jpeg)

Gold

Rickmassmma -
Kevinbarbers1 -

I'm almost looking at it like TUF in a weird way. We see guys go on runs because they were able to stay healthy and win under a weird set of circumstances (locked in a house, competing several times over an 8 week period etc)...and sometimes those guys turn into stars, and sometimes dudes like Hayder Hassan who looked great on the show and won several fights end up losing in the UFC and cut a year later. 

Obviously this is a little different, but my point is, I think we'll see a few fighters who keep taking fights really pop with the public by year end. 

so true lol.,  its like we are living in the present moment of  the reality show of TUF, accept there the only 6 month delay we are facing is getting things back to normal. No editing needed

and so true with Haydar Hassan, I dont get how his skill didnt translate.

But your right it should be very interesting who comes out of this a Star, I hope its someone that has flown under the radar or maybe someone that makes a career resergunce. 

Jeremy Stephens?

Sam Alvey?

Derek Brunson?

Uriah Hall?

Jacare?

Chris Weidman?

Maybe some new additions to the UFC? 

New Bellator signee?