How will MMA fans remember Kiyoshi Tamura?

one of the most graceful and charismatic fighters ever in the history of MMA. Watch this highlight featuring his theme song "flame of mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaKngUAQNQ&feature=fvsr

Rings was a awesome pro wrestling/mma company

Underated, one of the greatest Japanese fighters ever imo

EVILYOSHIDA - most posters with pre 07 join dates should remember him.

prolly not even that
my 01 account was banned, i try to get my mates to watch pride and see these legends, but for some reason they dont watch it

EVILYOSHIDA - one of the most graceful and charismatic fighters ever in the history of MMA. Watch this highlight featuring his theme song "flame of mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaKngUAQNQ&feature=fvsr

there was one highlight on youtube with a flashing red/black background and it was taken off, you wouldnt happen to have it by any chance?

A lot people thought Tamura beat Shamrock,  Shamrock is considered to be one of the best under 200 lb fighters ever and Tamura fought him when he was at his peak

Shamrock vs Tamura - Rings 1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsR-5CVXlRc  

fixed

Tamura and Sakuraba had a real feud dating back to their UWF days when Tamura used to really stick it to the new guys (like Sakuraba). Too bad when they finally fought they were both well past their prime.

One of my favorite japanese fighters! What a talented, brave and just overall incredible competitor. Unlimited heart.

Has he officially retired?

i don't think so but he's probably not going to accept the crappy pay days on offer in japan

One of the few guys to lose via SLEEVE CHOKE, not necessarily just Ezekiel, in MMA. That says something.

i think he exited the game with dignity and honor, the complete opposite of sak.

Tamura got a bigger pop from the crowd in PRIDE than anyone else, Sakuraba included.

Tamura like Omigawa just looks tough.

^ agree. Tamura was afraid of sak. Tamura is actually younger than sak but was Sak's elder in Prowrestling

One of best Japanese fighters, legend in MMA. But ducked Sakuraba for way to long.

First fight I ever saw in Japan was a DEEP card headlined by Tamura vs Minowa. Tamura looked great that night Phone Post

a legend. he was always the no.2 in UWFi behind takada for the japanese.

gave gary albright a good fight until he got german suplexed a few times.

yeah yeah i know they were works, but fuck they were great events. that's what got me into training. i enjoyed those more then the current MMA shit they have on now.

dojo stormer - a legend. he was always the no.2 in UWFi behind takada for the japanese.

gave gary albright a good fight until he got german suplexed a few times.

yeah yeah i know they were works, but fuck they were great events. that's what got me into training. i enjoyed those more then the current MMA shit they have on now.

How can you enjoy predetermined outcome worked fights? Its the same as wwe, wwf, tna, etc. Pro Wrestling SHOWS, not a sporting event.

t

bsrizpac - His early fights were works. yet you list them as part of his record.

You are a fucking clown.

Im assuming you are referring to EY?
If so, i might be actually agreeing with you on something for a change