How will you feel if Couture Vs. Machida..........

....ends up being Machida backing up repeatedly with Randy trying to press him against the fence for 3 rounds with Randy winning the decision, despite in reality looking kind of bad and possibly losing 2/3 rounds but the judges giving it to Randy anyway?

Will you be pissed? Not surprised? Annoyed?

I'd be pissed that lyoto refuses to engage despite losing two in a row Phone Post

^ this Phone Post

DarkReflection - I'd say Couture deserves the win in that case.

Because Machida has all the tools to make this a relatively one sided fight.

If he doesn't win in convincing fashion, it is entirely his fault.

He's younger, he's got a speed advantage. Stylistically he matches up well with Couture etc...

Cheers

-DR

This.

Poopyface TomatoNose - ....ends up being Machida backing up repeatedly with Randy trying to press him against the fence for 3 rounds with Randy winning the decision, despite in reality looking kind of bad and possibly losing 2/3 rounds but the judges giving it to Randy anyway?

Not surprised at all. I mean come on, this is obviously Randy's plan....well obviously not 'winning while in reality looking bad and possibly losing 2/3' LOL

Randy isn't going to suddenly become a striker.
Randy will try press him against the cage and stay in tight to avoid falling victim to a shot.
He'll try to use the cage for a takedown and he'll just keep pressing him against it until each round finishes.

The dude is almost 48. What do you expect him to do?

To be honest I think it will look like Chuck 2 and 3. Randy will struggle to contain him and while chasing will eventually take a shot that drops him.

lyotos too fast. hes not a fat, outOFshape boxer with zero ground game or a softy like vera. plus lyotos back is up against the wall (pun not intended) because he'll be in SF or worse if he loses. Hes definitely gonna engage.

sorry but randy's motivation is money. lyoto has something to prove & he is the top 3 fighter in MMA in imo

Poopyface TomatoNose - ....ends up being Machida backing up repeatedly with Randy trying to press him against the fence for 3 rounds with Randy winning the decision, despite in reality looking kind of bad and possibly losing 2/3 rounds but the judges giving it to Randy anyway?

Pissed.

Machida has the tools necessary to win this fight.
IDK if Randy wants to win enough to put it all on the line.
Machida has an age/quickness advantage.
But i will NEVER count out Randy.

I mean come on, this is obviously Randy's plan

I don't think it's his "plan" to hold guys against the fence. He wants the takedown. He will work until he gets it or until the ref breaks them up. He's not going to give up the idea of getting the takedown and choose to stand and wang, and he shouldn't. If Machida doesn't like it, he needs to do something about it.

If the fight is stalled, it is the ref's responsibility to do something about it, not Randy's duty to give up his best chance of winning (takedown to GnP) and play striker.

Machida is going to KO the old man.

I'll feel like a battered wife..

With a lot of these fighters, we as fans don't use our heads but rather our hearts. We convince ourselves that things won't be bad anymore like a battered wife that convinces herself that her man done changed and that all is well, or in MMA terms that Tito will be healthy and back as a beast and that Randy is still young and looking to bring it and that Cro Cop will somehow head kick KO his next opponent. But then he starts drinking again aka the fights actually happen and what do you know? BAM, domestic abuse all over again or in other words, BAM Tito loses and blames partial paralysis for his defeat, and Randy clinches and clinches and clinches and well he wins but it's ugly, and Cro Cop gets his life shortened by a brutal KO.

*Note: The simile used here is just for humorous purposes. Domestic abuse is a serious issue and if you or someone you know is being abused, get help

frontrowbrian -  If you can't finish a 48 year old man, quit the sport.

Couture's not just any 48 year old man, and he's not THAT easy to finish, take the Big Nog fight for instance.

i would most likely eat a sandwich, probly with turkey and yellow american cheese on it.
WOW edit: provolone

I feel like the only reason he was so gun-shy against rampage was because 'page has a lot of power in his hands, Randy, not so much. If Lyoto backs up and retreats like he did in that fight, then he deserves to lose.

It's exactly what I see happening unfortunately. I hope Lyoto proves me wrong.