How would anderson silva do in k-1 ?

Who do you reckon he would beat ?

And vice versa ?

He could probably beat guys like Karaev and Kyotaro. The rest are too big or too good.

would like to see him fight Spong

Spong would ikely handle Anderson in full mauy thai or K-1 rules.

Anderson is a great MMA striker but the best striker he has ever fought is Franklin or Murray.  Id love to see him fight K-1 or full thai against a Saki, Spong, Kyotaro, etc basically the smaller K-1 HWs, the big guys like Schilt, Badr, etc would murder him.

He did actually talk of going to K-1 after PRIDE dropped him, he said he was going to work on bulking up and join K-1, it never happened for whatever reason.

Andy the man - Who do you reckon he would beat ?

And vice versa ?

Too small and too short. He's also developed some bad habits (keeping his hands down) fighting low level slow plodding power punches in MMA.

It would be interesting to see how he did in a smaller weight class division like 205-220 but it's hard to gauge how he would do since he's just been matched up with slow plodding power punchers like Curtis Bang Em Out Stout, Rich Franklin, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Forrest Griffin in MMA.

Well I personally wouldn't try to predict, I just thought it would be a good fight to see. If he was trying out K-1 he would be training for it, you can't just compare his MMA performances. Spong looks good techically but I think someone like Anderson would have a better chance than some think.

ttt

RIP

BruceLeeMMAfighting - 
Andy the man - Who do you reckon he would beat ?

And vice versa ?

Too small and too short. He's also developed some bad habits (keeping his hands down) fighting low level slow plodding power punches in MMA.

It would be interesting to see how he did in a smaller weight class division like 205-220 but it's hard to gauge how he would do since he's just been matched up with slow plodding power punchers like Curtis Bang Em Out Stout, Rich Franklin, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Forrest Griffin in MMA.

You do not think the Silva is capable of changing his fight style for K-1?

I suspect he would do quite well, he has that natural striking ability

Schilt is probably too big for him...aside from him...

quidnunc - Well I personally wouldn't try to predict, I just thought it would be a good fight to see. If he was trying out K-1 he would be training for it, you can't just compare his MMA performances. Spong looks good techically but I think someone like Anderson would have a better chance than some think.

In all fairness he took Curtis Stout down with a quickness.

Also, a passive countering style is a quick way out of the door in K-1

good thread!

quidnunc - would like to see him fight Spong

the guy that has to rely on he's manager to get he's loses overturned????

so if silva would get owned in k1, were does that leave machida?

He'd get whooped reeeeal bad.

Right now he wouldn't be able to hang with most of the HW division. If he trained for a while I'm sure he'd do fine. He has fantastic reflexes, and if he honed them sharper than he has he'd be scary.

Overeem, Mousasi and Manhoef have done ok in K1

Obviously he'd get killed, K-1 is some next level shit.

k-1 level = gary goodridge.

never forget that. trying to build up someone by saying they are k-1 level is the same as calling aluminium a "space-age" material. it may be strictly true, but it's not impressing anyone.