How would Askren fare in the UFC?

There are some KILLERS @ 170.

Condit, Hendricks, GSP, Ellenberger, Maia, Kampmann, Lawler...

How would he fare?

Ww has a bunch of killers and good wrestlers/counter wrestlers. He can win against the lower top 10. The top 5 obliterate him

The main thing isn't how good his wrestling is, but rather how bad the wrestling of the people he is beating is.

He can definatly win some fights, but the people he is currently against are lost on the ground.

Askren can wrestlefuck almost anyone, UFC fighters included. I think that the guy who beats him is going to be an elite BJJ practitioner though. Phone Post 3.0

I suspect the better wrestle-boxers would be able to fend off his takedowns long enough to fuck him up on the feet. I also think some of the guys with really slick and active guards (Condit, Shields, Maia) could give him trouble on the ground.

All in all, I'd say there is good chance he could beat some of the top 10, but I doubt he could run the gauntlet required to get a shot at GSP.

Delorian - Askren can wrestlefuck almost anyone, UFC fighters included. I think that the guy who beats him is going to be an elite BJJ practitioner though. Phone Post 3.0

I suppose he 'could' wrestlefuck anyone, but based on his performance against Hieron, I think he would struggle to take down and control the better wrestlers in the UFC.

Delorian - Askren can wrestlefuck almost anyone, UFC fighters included. I think that the guy who beats him is going to be an elite BJJ practitioner though. Phone Post 3.0

I take it you haven't seen the vids of Askren rolling with Marcelo Garcia and getting absolutely tooled and tapped at will, without mounting any offense at all?

(granted, that was submission grappling and no strikes, plus it was 1-2 years ago and Askren has improved since then, but I suspect that opened a lot of eyes - Askren's included - about where his limitations lay)

None So Blind - 

I take it you haven't seen the vids of Askren rolling with Marcelo Garcia and getting absolutely tooled and tapped at will, without mounting any offense at all?

(granted, that was submission grappling and no strikes, plus it was 1-2 years ago and Askren has improved since then, but I suspect that opened a lot of eyes - Askren's included - about where his limitations lay)

Did you not read his post?

He said elite BJJers are his kryptonite. You merely reinforced his point.

Steve4192 -

I suppose he 'could' wrestlefuck anyone, but based on his performance against Hieron, I think he would struggle to take down and control the better wrestlers in the UFC.
Not too many other high level wrestlers have his frame and athletic prowess though. Ellenberger and Hendricks, while athletic, don't posses the style Jay does, which makes me think Askren might have his way with them in a grappling affair.

Maia or Shields could equally contest with Ben though, due to their insane submission skills/ground fighter mindset.

I dunno, I just want to Ben fight in the UFC. I want to see if his style can hold up against the welterweight elite. Phone Post 3.0

None So Blind -

No I've seen it, hence why I said what I said. Phone Post 3.0

Good read. Phone Post

i want to see Ben in the ufc to see how the top guys in there would do against him...Ben is a wicked wrestler with a good chin...would he wrestle-fuck guys like Ellenberger and Condit?

Delorian - 
Steve4192 -

Not too many other high level wrestlers have his frame and athletic prowess though. Ellenberger and Hendricks, while athletic, don't posses the style Jay does, which makes me think Askren might have his way with them in a grappling affair.

Maia or Shields could equally contest with Ben though, due to their insane submission skills/ground fighter mindset.

I dunno, I just want to Ben fight in the UFC. I want to see if his style can hold up against the welterweight elite. Phone Post 3.0

I don't get it. Askren is boring. He does the same thing over and over again. Doesn't even seem to try to be evolving at all. He will get squashed in the UFC if he doesn't try to get better at other aspects of combat.

None So Blind - 

I just watched that video. Askren tapped more than Sammy Davis Jr and Gregory Hines combined.

D'OH!

Meant to make that comment in reply to OP, not Delorian - clearly Delorian expressed the same sentiment I did.

My bad ;-)

Tao -
Delorian - 
Steve4192 -

I don't get it. Askren is boring. He does the same thing over and over again. Doesn't even seem to try to be evolving at all. He will get squashed in the UFC if he doesn't try to get better at other aspects of combat.
He's dominant, undefeated, and possesses a very controlling style. Everyone who fights him doesn't want to have anything to do with his grappling, yet they're unable to avoid it.

Askren is a special kind of fighter. People hate him, his style, his mouth, and his fucking hair, but the guy is unique. Phone Post 3.0

IMO Big Rig can out-wrestle Funky and hits a helluva lot harder too. I think Ben would do really well and control a lot of the top fighters. I just don't think that list includes Hendricks or GSP. But I think he'd fare really well and get hated on even more than he already does -lol.

Hes not gonna do very well now that sidestepping has been uncovered

He barely beat Heiron... he's in trouble at the deep end of the UFC.     I doubt he'd even beat mike pierce.

Bellator is an illussion.  They make mid level fighters look top tier by feeding them cans and jobbers (ala Hector Lombard).

The winner of Chandler/alvarez is the only guy i think who can be top 5 in the UFC.

Delorian - 
Tao -
Delorian - 
Steve4192 -

He's dominant, undefeated, and possesses a very controlling style. Everyone who fights him doesn't want to have anything to do with his grappling, yet they're unable to avoid it.

Askren is a special kind of fighter. People hate him, his style, his mouth, and his fucking hair, but the guy is unique. Phone Post 3.0

I agree is a different type of guy. He's got his schtick with his attitude in order to gain some attention, I get why he does it. But it wouldn't be so neccessary if his fight style was more exciting. When I'm giving my opinions on fighters and such, I try to avoid to make it any criticism on them as a person.

If you think of who has had the biggest mouths over the years attempting to draw attention to themselves, more often than not their fight styles are lacking so they use their personas in order to make up for it.