How would Cung Le vs BJ penn go...

...in Cung Le's sport, San Shou. Does Bj have any shot at him in that sport. Bj being a hard guy to take down with good stand up might be competetive but me myself think that Cung Le might just be the best in that sport by far. Does anyone stand a chance against Cung Le in San Shou. As much as we all wanna see him in MMA, I think he made it clear that he is not interested.

There is no sub in San Shou

No opinions?

Be cool to see

he would lose horribly in sanshou but whoop that ass in MMA

BJ would not be taken down too much, and he probably has better hands than Cung Le. BJ could KO him.

BJ would lose in San Shou, but he would murder Cung Le in MMA.

each in their own realm would whip the other .

I see no reason BJ Penn couldn't take down Cung Le at will and win on points.

BJ does NOT have better hands than Cung Le. In MMA, I say BJ by sub.

If Shonie "Mr Spinning Pimp Slap KO" Carter couldn't KO Cung, I have a hard time seeing BJ do it.

I think BJ's strength is that he can go bawlz out striking in MMA, because he's not afraid of going down. In san shou, he should be afraid of going down because that's points right there. In these sports with punches, kicks, and takedowns, there are also ways of negating a good puncher without having to trade with them.

Cung by jump spinning donkey punch in san shou.
BJ by "come on baby, suck it" triangle in mma.

in San Shou Cung would most likely win

in MMA...well, as soon as Cung tried that scissor leg takedown he'd be caught in a sub for sure

BJ "The Prodigy" Penn Fan Club!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bjpennfanclub/

Rickson by flying waterbottle!

this thread is funny, but sadly indicative of the state of MMA.tv lately"BJ by sub"
"There are no subs in san shou"
"OK, then BJ by sub"

"BJ could take Cung Le down at will"have you even seen Cung fight?Bj in MMA, no quesion, but NO WAY he'd beat Cung in San Shou

I think BJ would just dominate Cung Le by taking
him down continually. BJ is the real deal!

So BJ fights him in this San Shou thing then Cung grapples him in ABU DABI rules?

Why?

lkfmdc- please state the reasons that there is no way BJ could beat Cung Le in San Shou?

BJ has amazing takedown skill defense, working with the national team, and even impressing Randy Couture when they trained together.

Additionally, his standup skills are quite good, koing very good standup fighters like Din and Uno.

Cung Le is great at fighting tomato cans. He would not be used to fighting someone of BJ's caliber. Besides, Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk would also beat him at his own game.

The guy is simply overrated.

I agree, Cung Le is very good but he hasn't fought
any real talent lately.

"Cung Le is great at fighting tomato cans. He would not be used to fighting someone of BJ's caliber. Besides, Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk would also beat him at his own game. The guy is simply overrated. "

Cung le is a great athlete who has accomplished more than most in the world of ma's. Why are to trying to take that away from him?

Anyway hypothetical fights always make me laugh. It reminds me when I was 2 and i would argue that mighty mouse would loose to underdog.

Let's see Cung Li go to Bangkok and fight for one year...then see if he's still a baddass