How would Jones do at HW?

Should he pull an Ubereem and get on the "horse meat" and get swole? How do you guys think he would do if he tried to go up to HW after training to put on muscles like that for a few years? Phone Post

His legs are too skinny, i doubt he could beat a top ten Phone Post

I'm pretty sure JDS, Overeem, and Cain totally smash him. I think Cormier probably beats him up too.

And I would favor Carwin over him, though not as much as with the above fighters. It would be pretty hard for Jones to beat Carwin though.

But I think I'd favor him over every other HW. Barnett and Werdum would be interesting.

Top 5 if he packs on some size. Overeem, Cain and JDS beat him easily though. Phone Post

It's pretty obvious where this thread is going so let me just get this out of the way.

His size, strength, and skill are what allow him to be so dominant. I don't see his skillset translating to HW very well because he loses the size and strength advantages he carries over his opponent.

Not saying he isn't skilled, he's obviously a special athlete, but he isn't a p4p talent. He thrives on being the bigger and stronger man.

If he took time getting there and actually put on the size needed he would he a top 3 with ease. Biggest thing is experience. Sooner or later it will catch up to him. Phone Post

He would be top 5. He would lose only to Overeem, JDS and Cormier. He is too versatile for everyone else.

JDS would be a special form of kryptonite.

I think he would stand with overeem, and win by TKO. Jones has an IRON CHIN, and Reem has been Reemed 15 times by knockout, that is a lot of damage, 11 in MMA and 4 in k-1

I think Jones would out-wrestle cain and outlast him. He would easily sprawl and brawl. Cain is good off his back with getting to his feet.

Jones would beat Dos Santos to the punch. Dos santos does not use kicks, so Jones would own the range. He would play a distance game and out-point him.

The only UFC heavyweight that would beat Jon Jones is Brock Lesnar, he would over-power him . Jones cannot stop the bullrush.

I don't think he could stand with Overeem, wrestle wth Cain, or outstrike Junior.

I think he could be top ten, but I don't see him being a contender unless he packed on a ton of weight.

JDS would KO him and I would cheer. Phone Post

ABE FROMAN - He would be top 5. He would lose only to Overeem, JDS and Cormier. He is too versatile for everyone else.

Did you omit Cain by accident, or do you seriously believe Jones would actually be able to beat Cain...?

I think Cain would maul Jones, blood everywhere type horror show. He's better everywhere, excellent kickboxing, top-tier wrestling. Cain's only weakness are his somewhat suspect chin/boxing defense, but Jones does not have the power in his hands to exploit that (flying knees are probably the only weapon Jones has that could KO Cain).

I don't see Jones stopping Cain's takedowns, and Cain has better boxing and combos, very good low kicks as well (remind me somewhat of Saki's). He wouldn't really need to be worried about Jones' takedowns, which are the reason everyone is so afraid to close the distance against Jones, and Cain would kickbox Jones up or just plant Jones on his back and unleash hell.

I think the only way Cain loses to Jones is if he makes a mistake and gets caught in a sub like some random guillotine, and perhaps Jones' long legs means he has a dangerous triangle off his back, though we have no idea about that.

DaemonDragon - 
ABE FROMAN - He would be top 5. He would lose only to Overeem, JDS and Cormier. He is too versatile for everyone else.

Did you omit Cain by accident, or do you seriously believe Jones would actually be able to beat Cain...?

I think Cain would maul Jones, blood everywhere type horror show. He's better everywhere, excellent kickboxing, top-tier wrestling. Cain's only weakness are his somewhat suspect chin/boxing defense, but Jones does not have the power in his hands to exploit that (flying knees are probably the only weapon Jones has that could KO Cain).

I don't see Jones stopping Cain's takedowns, and Cain has better boxing and combos, very good low kicks as well (remind me somewhat of Saki's). He wouldn't really need to be worried about Jones' takedowns, which are the reason everyone is so afraid to close the distance against Jones, and Cain would kickbox Jones up or just plant Jones on his back and unleash hell.

I think the only way Cain loses to Jones is if he makes a mistake and gets caught in a sub like some random guillotine, and perhaps Jones' long legs means he has a dangerous triangle off his back, though we have no idea about that.

I didn't omit Cain, I'm judging him by his performance against Kongo, who is less versatile and less of a wrestler than Jones who has never been taken down.

Jones will not lose by wrestling, it will be because he is outgunned. Vitor showed how it should be approached.

A striker will beat Jones.