How would Sherk do in ADCC?

Sherk would do well obv.

He would be a wrecking ball and make the finals. No doubt.

^^^ so, how we sherk and marcello go then?

yf: Sperry, Rigan Machado, Ricco? Vieira? Almeida? Alvarez? Barreto?

Catch wrestlers or roided up heavyweight wrestlers? I mean, they CAN'T be bjj guys, because their technique would have easily overcome Kerr...

"Look, squeezing a much smaller opponent's head while in his half-guard with your roided arms, until he sees stars is not some technically brilliant maneuver. It's noob grappling 101."

I don't agree with everything he's saying, but this is a very valid point.

it's a great point, and completely avoids addressing the asinine comments he got called on.

he would do well. maybe make the finals? he should try it out. the adcc usually gets some mma dudes in there.

Sherk is not in the class of a Kerr or Arsdale, in terms of wrestling ability. Don't make the mistake of judging a guy's resume on one match, especially his last one. Hermes is not a wrestler. Watch the Nick Diaz match with Sherk, he kept stuffing his takedowns (for 3 rounds, he stuffed every single takedown attempt) making it very difficult for Sherk to take him down. Sherk looked very beatable in that fight. Sherk is very good, but don't make the mistake of thinking he's unstoppable.

Sher vs Marcelo for a grappling superfight? If they made Couture-Jacare happen why not that? That would be WAY COOL!

76kg is the toughest weightclass in ADCC. In 2007, Sherk would have had to deal with the likes of Popovitch, Galvao, Pelligrino and Saulo even before he gets to Garcia.

Keep in mind also this is the division where GSP got tapped (fast!) in the second round. If you include 2005's roster that would add Aoki, Diego Sanchez, Jake Shields, Leo Santos and Cameron Earle. I don't see Sherk as the favorite in these match-ups.

LOL@ Embarrassed.  SHerk would not be embarrassed ANYWHERE on the ground I assure you.  I guess it will take a few more performances from him beofre it sinks in.  The guys ground skills are awesome against anyone not just someone he can out muscle.