How would these fights have gone down V 2004 Fedor

If you could send these guys to Pride circa 04

. Pre diverticulitis Brock

. TODAYS Barnett, Mir, Werdum, Bigfoot, Carwin & Hendo

. 2007 Randy

Try and give a little (or big, if you can be bothered) breakdown of how you see each fight going rather than just saying who you think would win.

The fights would go anyway the ref's were told via their headsets to have them go.

-- Sonnen 19:13

Great thread!!!

Brock- armbar 1st rnd or tko. not a doubt in my mind

Barnett- I think his speed power and flow would have been to much. Prob a tko rnd 1

Mir- Tough one, fedor was WAYYYYYYYYYY faster. TKO rnd 2

Bigfoot- Murder

Carwin- toughest call. Mayb dec. Carwin conceivably could have a GNP stoppage. I would bet on a fedor Dec.

Hendo would die on his way to the ring

Randy- KO/tko rnd 1. Randy was never in fedors league of athlete(Randys my favorite fighter of all time)

If it was unclear im picking fedor in all of them

in reality, no one knows. but i hope we can all agree that it would have been fucking awesome to watch it unfold live.

What I think:

Fedor/Brock: Very tough fight to call imo. All I know is that Fedor will end up on his back in this fight and Brock will unload hammerfists on him until hes bloodied, although I doubt Brock can put him away. I also think its highly likely that at some point Fedor catches him and Brock ends up in serious trouble against the ropes with Fedor unloading on him. The reason i'm not sure about this fight is that stylistically Fedor was never the wrestler Cain was, never as good off his back as Mir was and was never a 260lb 6'5 K-1 striker like Reem. I'm not sure Fedor can keep it standing at will to finish Brock on the feet, I also think the odds would be against him getting a sub off his back. That said Brock probably couldnt finish Fedor and Fedor would keep coming at him throughout, Brock could possibly wane as the fight went on.

Fedor v Mir/Barnett- two tough fights that both go to decision. I think Fedor keeps the fight standing V Mir and gets the better of him in the striking department. Something tells me that Barnett would be the tougher fight of the two, with it going a similiar path as the Mir fight only Barnett gives Fedor a little more trouble standing.Fedor wins both on points.

Fedor/Werdum- quite an easy win for 04 Fedor, would probably look similiar to Werdum/Reem with Werdum constantly trying to get Fedor to the ground. Fedor picks him apart with shots on the feet and busts him up pretty bad en route to a UD.

Fedor/Bigfoot- Tough fight with Fedor getting taken down and gnp'ed quite a bit.  However I see Fedor working a lot off his back, particularly managing to land effective strikes from bottom and also working his way back to his feet much more easily than in their 2011 fight. When they're both on the feet Fedor closes distance effectively and his massive speed advantage eventually gets too much for Bigfoot, with Fedor dropping him with a big punch and finishing him off soon after.

Fedor/Carwin- Fedor stays light on his feet and picks his shots. Really this is a tough one to call again because Carwin is such a physically imposing, heavy handed monster. I could see Shane potentially even rocking Fedor and looking to have him in serious trouble at some point but Fedor manages to regain his composure and stay in the fight. As the fight goes on I think Carwin starts to get tired and the speed and technique edge Fedor has over him starts to become more pronounced. Towards the end of the fight Fedor is peppering him with tons of unawnsered shots and Shane is totally gassed. Fedor wins on points.

Fedor/Hendo- Now this would be a fucking awesome fight. Imo Hendo today is somehow at the best hes ever been in spite of his age. In their 2011 fight Hendo looked to be a little stronger (as evidenced when he was holding Fedor up against the cage for a while) and also had slightly faster, tighter striking. 2004 Fedor was a lot stronger and faster than 2011 Fedor though. I think Hendos takedowns wont be a factor as his wrestling isnt all that great nowadays and he prefers to stand and trade anyway. Both guys have iron chins so neither man is getting finished, this time imo Fedor has the strength and speed edge. I think Fedor gets the decision but it would be a real battle for the ages just like Shogun/Hendo.

Fedor/2007 Randy- I think this would be an easy win for Fedor. Fedor is too fast and too strong and lays into him from the get go Sylvia, Goodridge and Zulu style, finishing Randy pretty quickly.

" Fedor is too fast and too strong and lays into him from the get go Sylvia, Goodridge and Zulu style, finishing Randy pretty quickly."

The blitz didn't work for prime Vitor, who had far faster and more accurate hands than Fedor ever did.

It's interesting to do I guess, but you can't pick and choose suitable eras to try and defend Fedor's abilities.

The fact is he fought those guys when he fought them. Was it in his prime? No, but it'll be the only time he ever does and it's the only times that matter.

MMA's about who you beat and how you beat 'em, not who you could've beat.

Plus was Fedor stronger than Brock?

Randy controlled Brock in the clinch

ttt

Purgey - Plus was Fedor stronger than Brock?

Randy controlled Brock in the clinch

Who has randy not controlled in the clinch? Phone Post

I think Fedor beats them all except maybe BF.

If its taking place in a cage, BF is probably walking away with the win in a long and ugly affair similar to the fight we saw last year.

In the ring, none of those guys with the exception of BF are beating him.

30 wins and zero losses fighting in rings under those rules.

No amount of bullshit or ret-conning or what ifs counters those kind of overwhelming numbers.

Randy's only chance would have been a match in the UFC that he stalled Fedor out the entire time similar to the Vera debacle.

Mir is dangerous and could dismantle Fedor on the mat if he got him down. But Mir is way too prone to getting rocked. And the prime Fedor rocked people constantly and went for the kill when he smelled blood.

BF is a 280lb BJJ black belt with a good chin and a good blast double. Maybe prime Fedor coulda pulled a Cormier but its a very risky fight.

" Who has randy not controlled in the clinch? Phone Post"

I recall MVA launching Randy through the air. But thats a guy who beat Cael Sanderson in wrestling and I dont remmeber if Randy controlled the clinch aside from that, just that he eventually took him down with leg shots and subbed him.

NarlyPersianDude -Those who actually followed the track of Fedor's career get this easily, it's the stubborn or ignorant types that dont pick up on this.

^ Thats quite a stubborn and ignorant thing to say there champ
Declaring your viewpoint is the undoubtably correct one in hypothetical situation is a mighty prideful thing to do.

Pride before 2004 you say?

Well, the fights would go way different than today's UFC.

I think they would build Brock up so he would beat Fedor. Probably a TKO after an amazing takedown similar to the Randleman one.

Barnett would lose to Fedor.

Mir would lose to Fedor but only after a few close submission attempts.

Bigfoot would lose to Fedor via tko.

Dominant Dan would lose via sub.

Randy loses via TKO.

Carwin goes down after some serious damage when the referee gets the command from the promoter backstage.

If these were real fights held under a real promotion that doesn't do scripted fights the results would be a lot different.

you realize if he was fighting any of those guys on saturday most of the UG would still pick him to win all of them

Shroom -
If these were real fights held under a real promotion that doesn't do scripted fights the results would be a lot different.

you trolling or so stupid you fall for chael's weak shit?

hendo showed unreal submission defence nog in their rematch, getting caught and escaping submissions for most of the fight up until getting caught the 3rd. I dont see fedor subbing him. Dans chin is legendary, and on full display vs wanderlei a few years prior in a loss where he took some heavy shots. Fedor decisions him.

Werdum wouldnt get the takedown on fedor and fedor would either gnp him to a decision or stand back up and just out strike him while throwing werdum left and right whenever werdum tried to clinch. similar to the 3rd nog fight. werdums butt scooting would probably last him to a decision. Hes only been finished once and that was to virtually unknown junior dos santos, when he came in 20 pounds of fat out of shape, and unmotivated because that was right after werdum got done with some heated contract negotiations with the ufc where zuffa played hardball. They put the cherry fuck you on top by cutting him one fight later.

carwin is a slow plodder with no head movement, fedor would land hard and just tee off. sylvia/zulu'd in seconds. Fedor would landing his lunging right, carwin would be frozen from shots, drop and gnped to a stoppage. Brock would get the same treatment.

Randys clinch would be nullifed by fedors judo/sambo and fedor would ko him either on the feet or even take randy down. If randy did get fedor down, i could see fedor hittin an armbar/sweep.

Mir doesnt have good enough takedowns or anywhere near the resilience to withstand fedors power and speed. 2/3 minute ko.

Barnett and bigfoot pose the biggest threats with there takedowns and passing on top, but i see fedor koing these guys with his patented punch/throw combination seemlessly followed up by some goodridge style gnp.

Neil McCauley - 
Shroom -

Rampage himself said Pride fights were fixed. Go look it up.

Have you been living under a rock or something? I figured this was common knowledge.....

The fights ended how the Yakuza decides.

Shroom - 
Neil McCauley - 
Shroom -

Rampage himself said Pride fights were fixed. Go look it up.

Have you been living under a rock or something? I figured this was common knowledge.....

The fights ended how the Yakuza decides.

No rampage (who is notoriously bitter about just about everything he moves on from, colin oyama, juanito ibarra, pride, lance gibson, whoever) talked about pride offering him money to not tap if he lost to sakuraba. They never asked him to lose, they just said if he lost, go unconcious. Rampage got submiited by sakuraba, but he tapped, so he didnt get shit anyways.

outside of fights involving takada or stefan leko, what fights were works? You've written off an entire promotion with a couple thousand fights, this must be a big list, lets see it. which fights did the yakuza decide?