Tatsuya Kawajiri-Nate Diaz

Caol Uno-Spencer Fisher

Joachim Hansen-Frankie Edgar

Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian

Luiz Azeredo-Tyson Griffin

Norifumi (Kid) Yamamoto-Urijah Faber

Takanori Gomi-Thiago Tavares

Hayato Sakurai-Clay Guida

How do you think the UFC fighters would fare in my fantasy tournament? Are there any matches you absolutely feel would be a mismatch?

*I created a catch weight so that all fighters (naturally bigger or smaller) have an equal opportunity to make weight. Also, I edited my post to include requested fighters.

Sherk, Penn, Huerta, Edgar, Griffin win IMO.

I think Guida, Tavares and Stevenson should be in the UFC list if you want the best selection.

I definitely thought of them but wanted to incorporate Fisher, Diaz, Gamburyan, and Huerta just to level the playing field. lol

Don't forget Aurelio.

Sakurai?

I think that whoever was the better man on that given night would win, because most of those fights are VERY evenly matched.

Interesting matches, yeah. I'd probably take Sherk, Penn, Huerta, Gamburyan, Kawajiri, Uno, Edgar, Melendez and Griffin.

I'd rather see Sherk vs Ishida and Aoki vs Penn aswell, the best in each discipline in each org' rather than style vs style matchups.

Huerta vs Sakurai too.

DROC

if its a catch weight of 165 where is Gomi?

He's not on the DREAM card. All the (red) fighters are already scheduled to fight. I'll edit it though later if you want and include Gomi and Sakurai.

Cage or Ring?

the UFC fighters win them all

I would prefer that they fought in a cage (with elbows). Here are my picks:

Shinya Aoki-Sean Sherk

Gelsias (JZ) Calvancante-BJ Penn

Andre (Dida) Amade-Roger Huerta

Mitsuhiro Ishida-Manny Gamburyan

Tatsuya Kawajiri-Nate Diaz

Caol Uno-Spencer Fisher

Joachim Hansen-Frankie Edgar

Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian

Luiz Azeredo-Tyson Griffin

Norifumi (Kid) Yamamoto-Urijah Faber

Takanori Gomi-Thiago Tavares

Hayato Sakurai-Clay Guida

Uno Vs Fischer would be a barn burner.

I have all UFC for the last three you added.

Non UFC wins would come from Ishida, Kawajiri(maybe), Melendez and Uno(maybe).

Arent Aurelio and Stevenson both UFC?

Winning atleast 80% of those matchups.

Winning atleast 80% of those matchups.

" Arent Aurelio and Stevenson both UFC?"

Yeah, but I figured if they can call Rampage, Silva, etc. PRIDE guys still then I could get away with coining him as such also. But you're right. I'll edit it again! lol

How is this even relevant when there's a 10lb weight difference between the two divisions, K-1/DREAM will most likely have little to no regulation, drug testing, etc. as usual.

But, assuming that they actual stuck with the unified MMA rules, weight classes, testing, etc. then we'd have to match them up vs. WW's.  Hands down UFC's top 10 WW's are better than the fighters on that list:

GSP

Hughes

Serra

Fitch

Koscheck

Sanchez

Parysian

Alves

Hazelett

Davis

Lytle

Burkman

Swick

etc.

^ Boldar, most of those guys have trouble enough making 170 lbs. but I did add St. Pierre into the equation (in my edit) 'cause I think he's the only one that would beat Yamamoto.