How Would UFC Fighters Fare...

lol, GSP would be huge next to Kid.mismatch.

Since Faber is WEC which is Zuffa owned,you should let the UFC borrow him and match him vs Kid

Iol FINE but just know it's 'cause I love you guys!

I'd LOVE to see this tournament!

The key here is that these guys aren't even using the unified rules, weight divisions, testing, etc. so it's going to be completely irrelevant in the legit MMA world.

I honestly hope they realize this will become simply another WWE-like spectacle unless they get with the program.

I got JZ over Penn.

"so it's going to be completely irrelevant in the legit MMA world"

Not if this tournament took place in the UFC. The UFC went to PRIDE (Japan) last time, maybe this time they'd come to the US. But again, this is just a little fantasy thing - not real. It'd never happen, so no sense in arguing over anything.

Doesn't have to be in the UFC Kos, it just has to use unified MMA rules, weight divisions, testing, etc. that are used when fighting in the US, Canada, Europe, etc.  The org is irrelevant.

Right now this is akin to the old UFC pre-regulation (not the early, anything goes ones mind you).

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a big tournament between all these guys but they really need to pick a legit weight class before we can truly match them up.  Right now they're closer to WW.

Doesn't have to be in the UFC Kos, it just has to use unified MMA rules, weight divisions, testing, etc. that are used when fighting in the US, Canada, Europe, etc.  The org is irrelevant.

Right now this is akin to the old UFC pre-regulation.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a big tournament between all these guys but they really need to pick a legit weight class before we can truly match them up.  Right now they're closer to WW.

"Right now they're closer to WW."

See, I don't believe this is true necessarily. A lot of guys that fight at 155 usually walk around at 170-175 lbs. anyway so they wouldn't have to necessarily cut that much weight if at all. On the flip side, some of the fighters I included that fought at 160-165 lbs. (in PRIDE, etc.) like Gomi, Hansen, etc. would just have to make a small cut (10, maybe 15 lbs.). I could be wrong.

That's the problem though Kos, we have no idea where each would fight since they won't actually follow regulated, unified MMA rules/weight divisions/testing/etc.

I'd love to see them welcome it and then put on this tournament so we could see some legit MMA but I just don't see it happening.  The Japanese love their spectacles.

In reality probably half that list probably goes 155, the other half to 170.

You're right. What can we do? It'd have been a hell of a series of shows though, imo. Back to back blockbuster fights.

It will definitely be fun to watch (I won't be paying for it of course, so hopefully it's shown free somewhere) but only as a "for fun" type of thing.  I just wish it could be relevant to the top fighter discussions in a given weight class.

UFC wins 90%.

If steroids are allowed UFC fighters win 100%.

bj would have to smoke an ounce of meth to make it to the semi's of that tourney

Hopefully Cuban and his cronies will eventually buy the UFC and these would not be dream matchups any longer.

Totally sic matchups Kostakio!

TTT

Thanks, Kansas Comet.

I am not sure who would win but DAMN I want to see that fight card!

After their last fights, I'm even more interested in THESE particular fanstasy match-ups:

Shinya Aoki-Sean Sherk

Gelsias (JZ) Calvancante-BJ Penn

Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian

Norifumi (Kid) Yamamoto-Urijah Faber

Mitsuhiro Ishida-Manny Gamburyan

Tatsuya Kawajiri-Nate Diaz

Hayato Sakurai-Clay Guida

Shinya Aoki-Sean Sherk - Sherk Wins.
Gelsias (JZ) Calvancante-BJ Penn - Great fight but, BJ wins
Andre (Dida) Amade-Roger Huerta - Huerta
Mitsuhiro Ishida-Manny Gamburyan - Ishida
Tatsuya Kawajiri-Nate Diaz - Another great fight. But I think Kawajiri would be too much for Nate. Decision win for Kawajiri
Caol Uno-Spencer Fisher - Great fight. I think Spencer takes it.
Joachim Hansen-Frankie Edgar - Hansen
Gilbert Melendez-Kenny Florian - Melendez, without question.
Luiz Azeredo-Tyson Griffin - Gtiffin
Norifumi (Kid) Yamamoto-Urijah Faber - Faber would stop Kid.
Takanori Gomi-Thiago Tavares - Good fight. I think Gomi takes it though.
Hayato Sakurai-Clay Guida - Talk about another great fight. Sakurai by split decision as, I could see how one judge would score it for Guida

Damn, talk about some great match up's. I'd love to see every last one of these fights.