How would Yoel vs Khamzat go?

Big Yoel fan but he’s been taken down and controlled a few times before. Khamzat likely takes him down and submits him

1 Like

What evidence leads you to believe that Romero is a better wrestler from comparing their MMA fights so far? What top level fighters has Romero taken down and dominated on the ground to any large or consistent extent.

Yoel Romero is the worst best credentialed wrestler to ever compete in MMA. Well, unless you count maybe that Ibrahim guy who got KO’d by Fujita in his one and only bout.

Whose taken Yoel down and ragdolled him?

2 Likes

Did Phil Davis take him down? Can’t remember. But Khamzat would be a better wrestler and grappler than anyone he’s ever fought by far

Except all those Olympic wrestlers he’s competed against for 20 years.

2 Likes

Obviously I was talking about inside MMA

I didnt say Yoel would outgrapple Khamzat but there no way in hell that Chimaev can ragdoll him. Gilbert Burns gave him trouble

1 Like

Khazmat isn’t taking Yoel down at will y’all crazy and not remembering his Olympic grappling credentials

3 Likes

Olympic wrestling credentials are probably the most overrated metric people use when talking about MMA. Olympic wrestling is great for Olympic wrestling. MMA wrestling is a whole different world with different technical demands and strategic approaches. The best MMA wrestler of all time is a French Canadian guy who never wrestled more than a season in high school.

It’s just a different world. It’s not at all a question of whether or not Romero can wrestle, he just can’t MMA wrestle (not to any great extent that we’ve seen).

Edit: I’m not really a fan of Khumshot as a person since he hangs around with genocidal dictators and other shady characters, but from an MMA grappling perspective, he’s the perfect storm for those weight divisions because that body type is so good for closing distance, clinch work, and entanglement takedowns against the cage. I really just don’t see anyone right now who’s going to be able to stifle his wrestling attack, at least not his takedowns. Durinho did a good job of using his BJJ to regain position and wrestle back up, but Khamzat’s clinch takedowns from the feet were on point, not to mention that most fighters don’t have the BJJ skills Burns does.

Khamzat is a problem, whether we like him or not.

1 Like

1 Like

What are you basing this on?

2 Likes

Yoel wouldn’t even have to wrestle much if he comes in like this

1 Like

His utter domination of anyone he’s ever put his hands on in an MMA fight.

Is this an attempt to prove me wrong by posting a gif of Romero going for a takedown that Weidman immediately sprung back up from lol?

It’s how easy he bitch tossed a 210lb d1 wrestler to the ground. CASUALLY. That dork you’re worshipping fights 170ers with no wrestling background and once again, went life and death with Gilbert burns who in the long run will be a forgotten nobody that brings nothing special to the table. Oh and I guess he beat Kevin Holland, wow.

Goat fucker would meet gay Jesus

1 Like

Aside from cherry picking a few random highlights of random takedowns he’s implemented in the heat of the moment, can you point me to any fights in which he utilized a concerted gameplan of wrestling-based dominance to dispatch an opponent?

I’m not saying he’s not exciting to watch, just that he’s one of the dumbest higher level fighters in MMA history and probably left at LEAST one title belt on the table (probably more).

Taken in whole, Romero has one path to victory….the home run ball. If he can land that big flying knee or overhand right, he can take anyone out. If he can’t, or if he has the wrong dance partner, he ain’t winning. I don’t know if it’s his gas tank, a mental block, coaching, or whatever it is, but Romero, despite how successful he’s been, never got to the truly elite level he could have. Always the bridesmaid.

2 Likes

So far we have only see Khamzat go 3 rounds once in the UFC and he was gassed after the first few minutes.

Yoel would gang rape him and send him to his 72 boy virgins

2 Likes