How would you make the NFL great again?

A few of mine will be extremely unpopular I know. 

1. Get rid of all celebration penalties. Instead set a standard time limit for how long players can celebrate before getting off the field after a TD or to get back in formation after the play is over etc. something like 15 seconds after the ref blows the whistle they have to give the ball to the ref and get off the field or get back in formation. But no celebration are off limit like the cut throat or even Antonio Brown's twerking lol. 

2. Move the kick offs back to where they use to be. Kick returns were a large part of the game and I miss them. 

3. Move the field goal kick back to where it use to be. I liked when it was a give me extra point. 

4. Be easier on Cornerbacks. Less pass interference calls unless they're blatant of course. 

5. All football stadiums should be required to have stadiums like the Cowgirls have with AT&T stadium. A retractable roof is crucial. If it's a nice sunny day it can be open. But if it's raining snowing or below 50 degrees they must close that shit. MOTHER NATURE SHOULD HAVE NO SAY IN SPORTS!!! THEY DONT PLAY BBALL OUTSIDE FOR A REASON. 

6. Get rid of the prow bowl 

7. 2 less commercials per quarter 

8. Get rid of TNF. Keep MNF 

9. Refs should be offered more training and should be paid more for the amount of training they go through and based off their performance 

10. Less harsh drug testing. Weed is okay. 

11. Don't bring the players out until AFTER the national anthem. Don't make them more famous just because they're being childish 

12. Make all flags able to be challenged by the coach. 

13. NFL refs need to play for different teams each week and are not allowed to play for teams they actually root for. 

I'll never forget in 2014 seeing the pictures of the refs hanging out with the Cowgirls team one day before the Lions Cowgirls playoff game. Then the refs picked up that pass interference flag on Dallas to help them win. Unforgivable 

I agree with #8 and completely disagree with indoor football. Weather makes play more interesting.

Also, speed up the pace of play. Don't need a commercial break after a TD and then again after the kickoff.

SecondBase - I agree with #8 and completely disagree with indoor football. Weather makes play more interesting.

Also, speed up the pace of play. Don't need a commercial break after a TD and then again after the kickoff.

I knew 5 would be unpopular. And yeah I said get rid of 2 commercials per quarter. That's a start 

I know I'm part of the 0.5% but I fucking hate outdoor football when it's below zero or bad weather. I want to see both teams playing at their BEST 

Big ones in my eyes... less commercials. Thursday night football is a waste. No out of country games, as much as the NFL wants to have world wide popularity it will never be a serious sport in Europe or Mexico. Focus on the fans in America who are truly die hards...

And most importantly, Goddell needs to be canned

14. Allow QBs to deflate or inflate the balls to their liking as long as each team knows exactly what the other team has done with the balls. Teams have to register their balls with the refs. 

15. Start football 4 weeks earlier that it starts now, and only have 2 preseason games. Still a 16 game season. 

Bring back Jack Tatum and Dick Butkus style hits.

It will never happen but - get rid of 2 preseason games - without adding games to the regular season.

SilentJohn77 - Big ones in my eyes... less commercials. Thursday night football is a waste. No out of country games, as much as the NFL wants to have world wide popularity it will never be a serious sport in Europe or Mexico. Focus on the fans in America who are truly die hards...

And most importantly, Goddell needs to be canned

I'll admit I like waking up early for a 9:30am game that's in London.  I know it sucks for the west coast audince though 

SecondBase - It will never happen but - get rid of 2 preseason games - without adding games to the regular season.

This 

Superbowl on Saturday night

Ramon Maroni - Superbowl on Saturday night

Winner!

SecondBase -
Ramon Maroni - Superbowl on Saturday night

Winner!

Yes for sure 

16. Stricter concussion protocols. We need to protect these guys. I know they're rich and all, but wealth is nothing without health. 

1. You have to be born in the state/area of your team, or have lived there for at least 5 years. What is the point of rooting for your state's team if it's composed of people from all over the country?

2. No trading.

3. Martial arts tournament bracket system leading to the Superbowl.

4. Remove all rules relating to "good sportsmanship." All shit talking and dancing allowed.

5. Profit.

Agree with most. I would add.

14. Make it legal again for the defense to jump over the center on extra points or when ever they want. Now the center (long snapper) has to easiest job in sports. He cant be blitzed because its and injury risk because he has to look back at the place holder to hick the ball sometimes, and now they cant even jump him. He cant even be touched on the play now basically.

15. Hits on the QB needs to be more lose. Im fine with no hits in the head or knees. But  purpose. A defender does not have the time to change his aim of his pads if the QB crunches down at the last second or something like that.

16. Begging from calls from the ref. It slows the game down and im just plain tired of seeing players (both QBs and defensive players) bitching at the refs like that will change something. Im fine with them informing the ref about a penality going on repeatedly that the ef maybe missing, but to bitch after every play is getting lame.

17. Refs need to step up their calling of "leading with their head" on RBs. I see it every game but it never gets called.

Onikage - 1. You have to be born in the state/area of your team, or have lived there for at least 5 years. What is the point of rooting for your state's team if it's composed of people from all over the country?

2. No trading.

3. Martial arts tournament bracket system leading to the Superbowl.

4. Remove all rules relating to "good sportsmanship." All shit talking and dancing allowed.

5. Profit.

Lmao damn I thought mine would be controversial 

Vegito Blue -

12. Make all flags able to be challenged by the coach. 

13. NFL refs need to play for different teams each week and are not allowed to play for teams they actually root for. 

I'll never forget in 2014 seeing the pictures of the refs hanging out with the Cowgirls team one day before the Lions Cowgirls playoff game. Then the refs picked up that pass interference flag on Dallas to help them win. Unforgivable 

You think challenging penalties would make the game great? Fuck me, at already have enough replay challenges let's not add more

BruteDion -

Agree with most. I would add.

14. Make it legal again for the defense to jump over the center on extra points or when ever they want. Now the center (long snapper) has to easiest job in sports. He cant be blitzed because its and injury risk because he has to look back at the place holder to hick the ball sometimes, and now they cant even jump him. He cant even be touched on the play now basically.

15. Hits on the QB needs to be more lose. Im fine with no hits in the head or knees. But  purpose. A defender does not have the time to change his aim of his pads if the QB crunches down at the last second or something like that.

16. Begging from calls from the ref. It slows the game down and im just plain tired of seeing players (both QBs and defensive players) bitching at the refs like that will change something. Im fine with them informing the ref about a penality going on repeatedly that the ef maybe missing, but to bitch after every play is getting lame.

17. Refs need to step up their calling of "leading with their head" on RBs. I see it every game but it never gets called.

Agree with all except 14. Qbs are far too protected. Unless your first name is Cam and your last name is Newton lol