How would you submit the mountain

The caveat is it’s ibjjf rules, so no heelhooks

I think the classic 'goliath killer' path is honestly one of the few ways. Arm drag to back and RNC or short choke. If heel hooks were allowed, that is truly the easiest path but I know you stated IBJJF rules.

He's what, an athletic 6'9" +400 lbs? Realistically, much of jiu jitsu just doesn't work on a guy of this size+athleticism. The only advantage is hopefully armdragging to get to a tight back control and hope you can choke him before he 2-on-1 strips your choking grip and just explodes out.

There was a guy at my academy who was a fresh white belt but intensely strong. I mean intensely. Think a prime Arnold Schwartzneggar but 6'5". Our 275-300 lb brown/black belts could not armlock him. It just wasn't in the cards. Even at an angle he could just curl you. It was an eye opener to how much the "laws of jiu jitsu" are not set in stone. At all. Once, I saw a ranked adult black belt competitor (middleweight) mount him and he escaped by basically doing a Turkish get up. He could NOT stop this even at a high level. Strength certainly matters:)

2 Likes

takedown to dogbar

I cant see the image; its not showing for me, but the caratoid arteries (maybe a wrist lock) are realistically probably your only solution - and will take a real skilled mechanic who can navigate, and maintain position while continuing to work in a choke. That person would have to have the mind and temperment of a badger, never willing to give up the choke or position to apply it. Good luck.

SpeedKing9 - I think the classic 'goliath killer' path is honestly one of the few ways. Arm drag to back and RNC or short choke. If heel hooks were allowed, that is truly the easiest path but I know you stated IBJJF rules.

He's what, an athletic 6'9" +400 lbs? Realistically, much of jiu jitsu just doesn't work on a guy of this size+athleticism. The only advantage is hopefully armdragging to get to a tight back control and hope you can choke him before he 2-on-1 strips your choking grip and just explodes out.

There was a guy at my academy who was a fresh white belt but intensely strong. I mean intensely. Think a prime Arnold Schwartzneggar but 6'5". Our 275-300 lb brown/black belts could not armlock him. It just wasn't in the cards. Even at an angle he could just curl you. It was an eye opener to how much the "laws of jiu jitsu" are not set in stone. At all. Once, I saw a ranked adult black belt competitor (middleweight) mount him and he escaped by basically doing a Turkish get up. He could NOT stop this even at a high level. Strength certainly matters:)

Yup. 

I train a guy who is 360 pounds and was once one of the strongest men in the world.  when he wants he can push his way out of most positions

checkuroil - 
SpeedKing9 - I think the classic 'goliath killer' path is honestly one of the few ways. Arm drag to back and RNC or short choke. If heel hooks were allowed, that is truly the easiest path but I know you stated IBJJF rules.

Yup. 

I train a guy who is 360 pounds and was once one of the strongest men in the world.  when he wants he can push his way out of most positions

chad's a beast. clever guy too, i like his videos

1 Like

BJJ is probably not going to work for most people...

In the real world, I would have to --and I don't say this lightly-- bust out the Hung Gar Kung Fu.

Only problem is, when my tiger & crane fists go out, the only way they return to me is covered in my opponent's blood. Trust me, that sh!t weighs heavy on my mind.

UnderIBJJF rules, putting him in a Bear Hug and Squeezing as hard as you can until he passes out is going to be your best bet.

Kimura all the way.

Inverted testicular low kick 

Strikes.

You can’t

I'm surprised how quickly people forget about Keith Hackney's open hand strikes.

Do not play guard.  Big dudes are only heavy when they're on top of you. 

I used to roll with a college football player who was the starting center. 5'8"ish but over 300+ of muscle, and benched 350 for reps.  The best path was to pretend to play butterfly, armdrag to the back, and if he tried to roll, stay on top and play mount. 

Something that can't be protected by muscle.

There's a catchwrestling guillotine that is incredibly powerful and crushes the throat. it's not going to get stopped by neck muscle.

Tendon slicers, joint compressions, toe holds

I once got submitted from someone's closed guard when they stuck their knee under my jaw, wrapped their hands around my head, and pulled my head down while driving their knee up.

If not a heelhook, the only way is kneebah 

Arm drags aren't going to work, no point playing guard, neck prob too big for a choke... 

It has to be a palhares style single, wrap up the leg and hope he falls away from you and doesn't have great dexterity 

Slobonmynog -

If not a heelhook, the only way is kneebah 

Arm drags aren't going to work, no point playing guard, neck prob too big for a choke... 

It has to be a palhares style single, wrap up the leg and hope he falls away from you and doesn't have great dexterity 

Kneebar, you kidding me? I'm 140 lbs, you ever try to kneebar a leg that belongs to an ultraheaviyweight, who leg thickness is thicker than my trunk? Good luck with that

checkuroil -

The caveat is it’s ibjjf rules, so no heelhooks

I’m only 5’10 and 185 lbs so I wouldn’t be able to do shit to him. Maybe after 5 or 6 cycles of Brazilian horse meat I’d have a slight chance.

Just another story of woe.  I’m not great but I don’t suck nogi.  I make it a point to roll with a lot of larger folks and have good success even with wrestlers.  Had two Oklahoma defensive linemen come in.  Pretty clear they had not much in the way of wrestling or grappling background.  I only got to roll with one and it took me a full 6 minutes to get a tap and only because he got tired.  Felt like a child for most of the roll

for the OP question only hope for me would be unlimited time match.  I imagine 400lbs takes a toll after 10 minutes or more of grappling.

No can defend

youd have to get to his back. maybe a straight ankle lock too. most monsters dont have much flexibilty in their feet.