Howard left because Kobe wouldn't pass torch?

"The Lakers, almost from the moment Howard arrived in August 2012, had gone to great lengths to assure the 27-year-old that they saw him as the future face of the franchise and that the torch would be passed from Bryant to him in short order. But with Bryant saying publicly just a week before free agency that he was thinking of playing at least two or three more seasons, it was hard for Howard to envision when he would assume that role, sources said." via espn.

IMO you have to take the torch no one's just gonna hand it over. Play so well that it becomes your team. If you can't do that you don't deserve the torch. Especially from Kobe. Kobe still plays that hardest and works the hardest out of anyone on the team. Did he not know when he joined the team that Kobe is one of the most competitive people on the planet? When you become the best player on the team they will have no other option but to work the ball through you. Howard just wants things handed to him and wants to just be placed somewhere where everyone likes him and no one challenges him.

Kobe is a ball hog who shoots 2x as much as the 2ns guy in the league I know he is great but his numbers are inflated and kobe is on the back end of his career he will be the downfall of the lakers for the next few seasons Phone Post

OmgItsTheWams - 

Kobe is a ball hog who shoots 2x as much as the 2ns guy in the league I know he is great but his numbers are inflated and kobe is on the back end of his career he will be the downfall of the lakers for the next few seasons Phone Post

Kobe shot 46% from the field. He probably should be taking more shots than his teammates.

But not that I don't agree I like a more spread out team offense. There was a point in the season where he was getting a bunch of assists and it was much more fun to watch.

KeezyDoesIt -
OmgItsTheWams -  Kobe is a ball hog who shoots 2x as much as the 2ns guy in the league I know he is great but his numbers are inflated and kobe is on the back end of his career he will be the downfall of the lakers for the next few seasons Phone Post

Kobe shot 46% from the field. He probably should be taking more shots than his teammates.

Of course he should now but when howard was on the team feed the big man and same with bynum he was very gifted but kobe isn't willing to share the load and it drove bynum away of course now it doesn't look bad but bynum was turning into a beast Phone Post

OmgItsTheWams - 
KeezyDoesIt -
OmgItsTheWams -  Kobe is a ball hog who shoots 2x as much as the 2ns guy in the league I know he is great but his numbers are inflated and kobe is on the back end of his career he will be the downfall of the lakers for the next few seasons Phone Post

Of course he should now but when howard was on the team feed the big man and same with bynum he was very gifted but kobe isn't willing to share the load and it drove bynum away of course now it doesn't look bad but bynum was turning into a beast Phone Post

Yea I actually thought Bynum was better than Howard. I think if he played against the Celtics the year they won the championship the Lakers probably would've won. Kobe has now driven away three solid centers lol. But two of them have multiple rings so I have to imagine it's hard for them to complain too much about playing with him. Sad what happened to Bynum even though he has his own issues.

does Howard think Harding is going to pass the torch? People wondered if Harding could be a super star when he left OKC, we proved he could be last year very clearly. You think Harding is just going to give that up now? I see problem in Houston because Howard just cant get along. He probably is not a bad guy but he is very confused

All I got out of that was most basketball players are whiny prima Donna crybabies. Phone Post 3.0

Arsenal88 - All I got out of that was most basketball players are whiny prima Donna crybabies. Phone Post 3.0

It shows that the TEAM aspect is gone from the game. Miami, as much as I hate them winning the championship, they still worked as a team to win back to back.

Souljacker -

does Howard think Harding is going to pass the torch? People wondered if Harding could be a super star when he left OKC, we proved he could be last year very clearly. You think Harding is just going to give that up now? I see problem in Houston because Howard just cant get along. He probably is not a bad guy but he is very confused

Harden played a successful pick and roll game with asik last year throw howard in that position and he will be happy he hated the system the lakers were running Phone Post

Reportedly Howard asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe

Frank Gallagher -
OmgItsTheWams -
Souljacker -

Harden played a successful pick and roll game with asik last year throw howard in that position and he will be happy he hated the system the lakers were running Phone Post

That's because asik can actually hit the 15 footer. Phone Post

Asik is legit and I feel bad for the guy but I think howard with hakeem helping him and McHale he will have a monster season Phone Post

I still have no idea how any professional player regardless of position (not just Howard) cant shoot freethrows at the very least 70-75%. It really limits your ceiling and how your team can play. Can you imagine how many points some of these big men would have if they could shoot free throws? Not to mention how much more efficiently the offense would move. And we wouldn't have to watch popovich ruin the game with these intentional fouls?!

Ah. Just venting lol. Nevermind me.

Go learn from Yao Ming.

KeezyDoesIt - I still have no idea how any professional player regardless of position (not just Howard) cant shoot freethrows at the very least 70-75%. It really limits your ceiling and how your team can play. Can you imagine how many points some of these big men would have if they could shoot free throws? Not to mention how much more efficiently the offense would move. And we wouldn't have to watch popovich ruin the game with these intentional fouls?!

Ah. Just venting lol. Nevermind me.

Go learn from Yao Ming.

Shaq couldve went down as the goat imo imagine if he shot 70-75% from the free throw line Phone Post

He'll have the same monster season he usually has. Its good enough to make him the best center in the league, but no rings are coming Houston's way.

Howard has a worse work ethic than Shaq. When Hakeem and McHale teach him a few things and tell him he'll have to work on them 3 hours a day for the next 3 years in order to perfect them, he's going to disregard it and resort back to his old self: mediocre low post moves and a pathetic free throw percentage.

Howard lacks the killer instinct. No one who smiles that damn much has that killer instinct.

I think it was more about coaching, I think we all realize now how good coach Brown was taking that team to a very competitive 2nd round, even though they were swept (I think) every game was in doubt until the end. Howard would have been much better off with Brown as coach but the Lakers loss is Clevelands gain. D'Antoni couldn't draw up a half court play if his life depended on it, 7 seconds or less doesn't work with old teams

KeezyDoesIt -
OmgItsTheWams - 
KeezyDoesIt -

Yea I actually thought Bynum was better than Howard. I think if he played against the Celtics the year they won the championship the Lakers probably would've won. Kobe has now driven away three solid centers lol. But two of them have multiple rings so I have to imagine it's hard for them to complain too much about playing with him. Sad what happened to Bynum even though he has his own issues.
Shaq ultimately left due to money arguments with Dr Buss. Kobe was a smaller factor than money.

If they paid Shaq, he would have stayed. Phone Post 3.0

Bynum played better than Howard but he was a risk with constant injuries and maturity. Howard was immature and couldn't handle the job in LA, let alone taking the torch.

He may not even get it from Harden. Phone Post 3.0

So a guy who has never won a title begrudgingly comes in here in a trade. He plays below standards, starts drama in the locker room, and never once commits to the future of your team. Then demands the coach you just hired be fired, and Kobe Bryant who has been a Laker for life, won 5 titles, one of the all time greats be waived?

What a cunt this guy is. Phone Post

Stan Dan Wang - sooooo glad he didnt go to the Warriors.

Me too :) Warriors are looking good right now!