How's this for a story.

FRAT warning. Will give cliffs at bottom. 

I'd been with my wife for 11 years, married for 3. 

She'd always wanted kids but had had a few issues with getting pregnant and staying pregnant, including having an ectopic pregnancy 7 years ago.  

We found out in late November that she was pregnant. Ironically, it was during a pre-op check she had before having exploratory surgery to see why there was a problem getting pregnant! 

When I was called up to her hospital room so she could tell me, I found her in tears and seemingly upset. I was pretty excited and she said she was just a bit shocked. As she quickly seemed to warm to the idea I didn't give her reaction much more thought. 

Fast forward to Monday December 10 and I get home from work to find her upset again. She had miscarried.

She had been staying at her friends place that weekend so I hadn't seen her since Saturday. I'd been away for work so she hadn't wanted to tell me when it had happened on the Sunday because there was no way for me to get back until the Monday afternoon. 

We were both a bit upset but she seemed to handle it pretty well considering. 

We'd always been able to work through whatever life threw at us so I thought this would be no different, considering we'd already been through an ectopic pregnancy. 

Things had been a bit strained in the couple of months leading up to this point but I didn't believe  our relationship was in danger, so I was stunned when she said she wanted to end things in early January!

We'd gone from having exploratory surgery to assist with getting pregnant to separated in less than 2 months. It just didn't seem to make sense!

We were both able to stay rational though and after a lot of discussion we agreed to get councilling to try to work things out. 

Despite this agreement, it seemed that neither one of us wanted to actually nail down a date to go to councilling. After a short period of time I suggested that we were just wasting each other's time and should both give up on the idea of working out our problems for the time being. 

Fast forward to now and I'm seeing a lovely lady and things seem to be going very well. 

My ex is also seeing someone. He's a workmate of hers who we'd spent some time with on a social basis. I'd always trusted my wife when we were together, although they did spend enough time together for me to mention that I wasn't happy with the body language he seemed to have around her. She insisted there wasn't anything to worry about. 

One thing just kept nagging at me though, and that was her initial reaction to finding out she was pregnant. It just didn't make sense!! The more I think about it the more I wonder if it wasn't mine (I know a lot of you probably have no doubt). 

Lately we'd been in the process of separating out our finances and assets. She has a credit card which we hadn't used for well over a year and only kept in case of emergency. As such, I was surprised to see there was money owing on it. Here comes the kicker!!!

I went back through the statement to see what it was from. There was a $400 charge for a "Family Planning/Abortion clinic" on December 10

I really don't know what to do with this information. She obviously didn't intend for me to know because the CC statement is only on her Internet banking which she doesn't realise I know the password to. 

This revealation aside, I'm honestly pretty happy with where my life is at at the moment. 

Do I hit her up about it? Do I just laugh and carry on with my life? Wow

I know I promised cliffs but I honestly can't be fucked typing them out now. Go read the story or move on

Fuck letting her know shit. Keep that info all to yourself. 

Move on knowing you dodged a mega fucking bullet. 

Fucked up man, sorry.  But if you're already in a good place, fuck it, move on.

Goochy Mang - 

correct

Goochy Mang -

This. Holy shit.

OldSchoolMike -
Goochy Mang - 

correct

Thanks guys, that’s kind of what I’m leaning towards. Plus, it might be a handy little card to have up my sleeve should there be any issues with the divorce settlement. 

Messed up and not sure what I would do. Maybe save it for when she inevitably comes crawling back. 

Maybe let let your lawyer know about it in case it can help you in some way. 

deepu -

Fucked up man, sorry.  But if you're already in a good place, fuck it, move on.

I do feel pretty happy, mate. It's just come as a real shock. Only found out 2 hours ago

I'd say laugh it off for now, nothing you can do about it. You keep info like this in case a need arises, don't just give up valubale shit for nothing.

Goochy Mang -

Yeah but....still got to be a mega fucking kick to the head knowing this woman decided the fate of OP's child (future divorce imminent or not)

Al Cappucino -
Goochy Mang -

Yeah but....still got to be a mega fucking kick to the head knowing this woman decided the fate of OP's child (future divorce imminent or not)

I'm not so sure it was my child, bud. But yes, it is a big shock!!!

Don't do anything with it.

Save it.

Wait till the divorce is done.

If she plays nice, just leave it and move on with your life.

If she gets nasty, play that card to the hilt.

1000TJDillashawExcuses -
Al Cappucino -
Goochy Mang -

I understand the chance of the child not being yours due to her alledged infidelity is there.....but still.

I am not trying to rile you up at all....but she seems like a cold blooded bitch.

Al Cappucino -
1000TJDillashawExcuses -
Al Cappucino -
Goochy Mang -

I understand the chance of the child not being yours due to her alledged infidelity is there.....but still.

I am not trying to rile you up at all....but she seems like a cold blooded bitch.

It takes a bit to rile me up these days mate!

You're right, there's a good chance the baby was mine. I think there's a solid chance it wasn't. 

Cold blooded bitch is the exact opposite of how I'd have described her even yesterday, but fuck me I've gotta agree with you on that one now!

It just seems so out of character for her

densefog -

Get busy making babies with new chick and move on.

Honestly, having babies was never the be all, end all for me. I wanted to because she was so desperate to. 

My new lady is a bit older than me and past wanting them so I'm happy to just keep rooting her brains out and enjoying her company 

Too early to ask for pics?

I have been through shit lime that.  Reading your story, I felt it.

Glad you seem to have moved on.

Captain Canuck -

Of OP  

clattymine - 
Captain Canuck -

Of OP  

Of course!

Save the info and only use it if it's an absolute must