How's your day going?

My day is A-fucking-OK!  I woke up next a cute 1/2 Hipanic, 1/2 White chick this morning, after a great night out of karaoke and dancing.  I just got back from lunch, where Boss man treated myself and the rest of the staff for an early birthday lunch (I turn 36 tomorrow) at Pappadeaux Seafood.  Slammed on some nice mix grilled seafood skewers.  The rest of the day looks pretty mild as I have a few things to work on.  Not sure what's in store for tonight, but I'm sure I will make the most of whatever is headed my way.

Hahaha you guys are awesome Phone Post 3.0

Shit. I've got an exam this afternoon

Work was good, traned and now listening to JRE.

I'm also trying to respond to a friend who's attempting to convince me that there is such a thing as "elite" dragon boating while simultaneously telling me it's the easiest thing to get good at. No can defend. Phone Post 3.0

flemingo - Shit. I've got an exam this afternoon
Good luck! Phone Post 3.0

Holy lulu look at those lemons - Work was good, traned and now listening to JRE.

I'm also trying to respond to a friend who's attempting to convince me that there is such a thing as "elite" dragon boating while simultaneously telling me it's the easiest thing to get good at. No can defend. Phone Post 3.0
These words have meaning? How do? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Fillthy -

busy.

really freakin busy.

All these asses, and me with only two boots.

Easy there Red Phone Post 3.0

Good, the weather is nice and work is steady. Phone Post 3.0

CanadianMMA94 -
Holy lulu look at those lemons - Work was good, traned and now listening to JRE.

These words have meaning? How do? Phone Post 3.0
No idea man. No idea. Suggestions?

I'm equal parts confused and enraged that I may have to listen to how this friend is now an "elite" athlete on an internationally competitive ( read: Team Canada) whilst knowing that said sport is usually reserved for moderate to mediocre performers in everything else sports wise. Phone Post 3.0

This will be sappy as shit and kind of a FRAT, but this is one of the best days of my life, no joke.  I had some mild head trauma from a car accident a few years ago and it sent me into a really fucking dark spiral of depression, drinking, and drug use.  I dropped out of school, didn't work, gained 80 pounds of disgusting alcoholic bloat, and generally tried my best to undo every good thing in my life as quickly as possible. 

A couple years ago I started to snap myself out of it and I made a commitment to stop each day and consider one thing that I knew was hurting me and just not do that for the day.  I started seeing little successes build on one another and eventually I started coming up with things that would actually benefit me instead of just not doing things that were hurting me.

In that time I've lost the weight and gotten in the best shape of my life; I no longer drink or do harmful drugs and I'm generally feeling happy.  What makes today great, though, is that I started my first official day on what amounts to a dream job from childhood for me.  On paper I am not qualified for this position, but I knew that being involved in the field would bring me happiness so I started there 8 months ago as a volunteer.  Over that time I've become so passionate and enthusiastic about the work that a group of people I respect deeply thought it was a good idea to make room for me in their ranks.  Even before I hit bottom I would have thought that this was out of reach, and to me starting this job represents the absolute culmination of all my hard work for self improvement and an affirmation that despite all indications and all my own persistent doubts, I actually do have what it takes to lead a happy and productive life.

Feels fucking good, man.

itswhitty -

This will be sappy as shit and kind of a FRAT, but this is one of the best days of my life, no joke.  I had some mild head trauma from a car accident a few years ago and it sent me into a really fucking dark spiral of depression, drinking, and drug use.  I dropped out of school, didn't work, gained 80 pounds of disgusting alcoholic bloat, and generally tried my best to undo every good thing in my life as quickly as possible. 

A couple years ago I started to snap myself out of it and I made a commitment to stop each day and consider one thing that I knew was hurting me and just not do that for the day.  I started seeing little successes build on one another and eventually I started coming up with things that would actually benefit me instead of just not doing things that were hurting me.

In that time I've lost the weight and gotten in the best shape of my life; I no longer drink or do harmful drugs and I'm generally feeling happy.  What makes today great, though, is that I started my first official day on what amounts to a dream job from childhood for me.  On paper I am not qualified for this position, but I knew that being involved in the field would bring me happiness so I started there 8 months ago as a volunteer.  Over that time I've become so passionate and enthusiastic about the work that a group of people I respect deeply thought it was a good idea to make room for me in their ranks.  Even before I hit bottom I would have thought that this was out of reach, and to me starting this job represents the absolute culmination of all my hard work for self improvement and an affirmation that despite all indications and all my own persistent doubts, I actually do have what it takes to lead a happy and productive life.

Feels fucking good, man.

Made me so happy to read that man. So much inspiration around here, getting a little dust :) Phone Post 3.0

When I start stressing out, my butthole starts leaking , then I get swamp ass and my butthole area starts getting raw from walking. At times it gets so bad that I can hardly walk.

Guess who's stressed out today! Phone Post 3.0

^^^

Fuck, that reminded me of the other thing that made today awesome -- my hemorrhoid that I made a post about last week was absolutely GONE when I woke up this morning!  I got a job and a comfy butthole!  This day could not get any better!

(And thank you OP for the kind words.  Also thank you for making this thread and giving me a place to talk about how awesome everything is!)

Things have been good. Tutored my cousin in his writing, he has Autism but it was a good day so it went quick.

Hit the gym, didn't go too hard but it was enough to challenge.

Did a few hours of research for one of my jobs, meet with the professor I did it for tomorrow so that'll be good to get some updates on direction there.

Studied a bit for a quiz I have tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard.

Working my way through a take home physics test. Not due until Friday, but I'll have it done Thursday afternoon.

Pretty much done all the school I can do today though, so time for a protein shake and do some light reading. All in all a pretty decent and chill day.

itswhitty -

Feels fucking good, man.

This post just made my day. Glad to hear you're doing so well friend! Awesome thread OP :) Phone Post 3.0

Positivity is the greatest tool we have :) Phone Post 3.0

Vtfu!(tomorrow) lol Phone Post 3.0

Fuck ya good shit brothas I hit the gym did core and ass my shits looking tight old lady diggin it.. happy for dude who got new job today fuck yes!! Phone Post 3.0

CanadianMMA94 - Positivity is the greatest tool we have :) Phone Post 3.0

These days I hold this so true that people think I'm a little dumb sometimes.  When people are shitty to me I smile, nod, and wish them well.  I know that sounds cheesy, but I'm looking this from a purely pragmatic point of view -- if I'm shitty back to them, even totally justifiably, the chance of them being a less shitty person in the future is extremely low.  If they leave the interaction realizing that they got shitty unnecessarily and that I'm in fact a nice dude who isn't worth being shitty to, they might not be shitty the next time we cross paths.  Being nice even when people don't deserve it is a way to eliminate assholes rather than feeding them. 

itswhitty -
CanadianMMA94 - Positivity is the greatest tool we have :) Phone Post 3.0

These days I hold this so true that people think I'm a little dumb sometimes.  When people are shitty to me I smile, nod, and wish them well.  I know that sounds cheesy, but I'm looking this from a purely pragmatic point of view -- if I'm shitty back to them, even totally justifiably, the chance of them being a less shitty person in the future is extremely low.  If they leave the interaction realizing that they got shitty unnecessarily and that I'm in fact a nice dude who isn't worth being shitty to, they might not be shitty the next time we cross paths.  Being nice even when people don't deserve it is a way to eliminate assholes rather than feeding them. 

Truth... Phone Post 3.0