Hughes Says he don't Wanna Fight

the NightMare!!!!

Diego on the other hand has dismantled all his opponents and deserves a title shot.

I agree 100%

As great as it would be to see this I agree with inf0. Makes no sense for Hughes to take that fight right now.

I agree 100%

Oh yeah?  I disagree 99%!

Then who should Matt fight if he wants a tune up before fighting GSP again?

I still want to see him fight Karo

I think Karo is the apporopiate match for Matt as well, afterall they were suppose to fight for the title not to long ago. Give Diego a title shot now...

It shouldn't be a question of who Matt wants to fight. The champion should always fight the number one contender. Everyone below the champ has to fight for that number one contender spot.

Right now, Diego is the number one contender. If Matt wants a title shot, he should have to steal that position from Diego.

Look at the gauntlet that GSP had to fight through to get back to the number one contender spot!

I wanna see diego vs matt bad. I think Diego has a good chance. he matches up against matt better than he does with gsp or BJ IMO

Diego ain't getting his title shot "now".  He just isn't.  Serra first.  Then Hughes.  If Matt fights another person before he fights GSP again, so be it.  The bottom line is Serra earned his title shot & Matt has more than earned his.

Matt deserves and automatic rematch. I am sure it is in his contract anyway.

So the question is...who will get to face Matt Serra for the title once he beats GSP? I say Hughes. Diego can have St. Pierre after that.

Serra earned his shot by beating UFC losers on a reality show while Diego beat winners to become the nr 1 contender

Isn't Serra the next in line to fight GSP after winning TUF4?

GSP vs Serra

Hughes vs Diego

Winner of those two fight

Realistically, and bullshit TV-shows aside, it should be Diego vs. GSP next, and Hughes beating up on some guy like Serra to tune up for his shot at the winner...

Unless his fight with GSP would have been extremely close, or Matt made some huge error he knows how to correct immediately, jumping in to an immediate rematch would be irresponsible to his career. Taking some time to train for a better gameplan is the correct thing to do.

wtf, you guys who think he doesn't deserve a rematch with GSP right away are ridiculous. Think about it, the most dominate WW champion of all time. He deserves whatever he wants. End of discussion.

+1 HERE... I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF U GUYS THINK THAT HE IS SCARED OF DIEGO, HE SHOULD GET AN IMMEDIATE REMATCH IF HE WANTS.... HES GONE THROUGH THE BEST AND IS STILL A GREAT FIGHTER ALL U BJ NUTHUGGERS WHO WERE MADE BJ LOST STOP JERKING OFF OVER THIS SHIT...

"Look at the gauntlet that GSP had to fight through to get back to the number one contender spot"

the only difference is that Matt was the title holder when losing, where GSP after first losing was not the title holder, and many would have considered forunate to have been given a title shot after two ufc fights (Karo and Hieron) just like Randy was entitled to a rubber match with little delay, so to is Matt. a just past title holder is entitled to special treatment in this kind of scenario. If Diego ever wins a title, he will be worthy of the same treatment when someone knocks him off.

now BJ Penn on the otherhand just had a title shot, and is now in the same position that GSP was the first time he was given a shot, and Penn is a good 4 wins away at 170 from deserving another crack.

Matt deserves a rematch just based on the fact that he was champion for as long as he was. It's totally different then GSP who got a title shot and lost. Of course he had to work his way back up before he got a second shot. But in Matt's case he was a good champion for a long time and he deserves the chance to regain his title without having to work his way back up through the division. Those that are saying he doesn't deserve a shot don't understand how things works. Diego has not beat people of the quality that Matt has beat. There are certain benefits that champions get over guys working their way up the ladder.

ttt