Hughes vs GSP II Rescheduled?

Smart idea, it's good Hughes wants to improve his game, I'd assume his standup, before taking another shot at GSP.

Hughes vs Koschek isn't a bad idea but I'd rather see him fight Diego with the winner getting a shot at GSP.

ttt

I would love to see Hughes-Sanchez first, for various financial reasons.

How do you not do GSP/Diego?  I think Diego deserves that fight, he just might not want it with GSP as champ

Sanchez just called out Hughes in an interview, so he apparently wants him versus GSP.

The card in Montreal will be a big success and there will be no reason why they can't have another card in Montreal. Hughes gets his time extension, the second card in Montreal for Hughes/GSP 3 and everyone's happy, no escaping.

"Smart idea, it's good Hughes wants to improve his game, I'd assume his standup, before taking another shot at GSP.
Hughes vs Koschek isn't a bad idea but I'd rather see him fight Diego with the winner getting a shot at GSP."

If Hughes wants to improve his standup before fighting GSP again, Koscheck is the LAST guy in the world he should fight. Hughes/Kos would be a wrestling match.

The only two WWs that deserve a title shot right now are Diego and Hughes. If neither one can (or will) fight GSP in Montreal I'd like to see him fight another Canadian (Goulet/Alessio/Joslin, etc.) in a non-title match that night.

What about Jon Fitch? He hasn't lost at WW in the UFC.

He could be a contender for GSP.

Non-title fight? Fuck that. The UFC WW title is one of the few undisputed championships in the sport, let's try not to fuck it up.

I hate the way Pride has non-title fights.

Good news imo, let Hughes fight Diego.

Wow, thats a big admission from Hughes !!
The fight is scheduled for April 7th right ?
That'll be what 4 months since their last fight ?
Hughes is saying that still isn't enough time for him to prepare for GSP.

So its true that no can match GSP's riddum.

why would it have to be a non-title match? If Diego isn't ready and Hughes doesn't want it, give the title shot to someone else further down the list.

Not every title shot has to be the number one contender. Why shouldn't GSP get an easier match for his first defence?

Also, I had heard that BJ is going to be a coach on TUF5 opposite Pulver (announced this Thurs on Inside the UFC) so imagine he is definitely dropping to 155.

1. Diego has wanted to fight Hughes for a very long time. 2. BJ Penn should not be moving to 155, who really cares about a Pulver/Penn match anyway?

Diego should get the title shot. Hughes and Koscheck!

Diego has said again and again that he doesn't want to fight for the belt until he has a new contract.

He also called out Hughes after his last win. It is pretty clear that Diego does not want a title fight right now.

I suspect that Karo will be GSP's opponent in Montreal. Yes he lost to Diego, but he has a solid win since, and his first fight with GSP was exciting. That said he is not very likely to beat GSP which would derail Hughes vs. GSP 3 later.

My other thought is Kosh, but the UFC seems to be more concerned with marketing Koshcheck then they do Karo. I don't see them throwing Koshcheck under the bus by putting him in a title fight prematurely.

Karo is inexpensive, always puts on a good show, and already lost one oppurtunity at a title title fight. He is certainly more deserving than Riggs was.

My prediction would be GSP vs. Karo if Hughes truly is not fighting in Montreal.

Fitch is the only other guy who makes sense.

"Sierra should drop to 155 and fight Sherk."

"Sierra" has said on several occasions that he can't make 155lbs anymore.

"what happened to Matt constantly saying he fights whenever and whoever the UFC puts in front of him?"

A Karate destruction by GSP happened, that's what.

I don't think Dana wants to see Hughes get crushed by GSP again either.

Dana is a huge Hughes nuthugger, and I suspect that he'll want to have a lot of hoopla around Hughes being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame after he retires. Having him get crushed back to back by GSP and then becoming a gatekeeper doesn't haelp him do this.

It is in the UFC's best laid marketing plans to have Hughes vs. GSP 3 delayed... or possibly never happen.

I would like to see huges vs penn; the winner gets gsp