Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

Incoming! This is some shit you definitely don't see every day

![](upload://hwmHPQ8zdpEO4ySvVkpj1bnBLx0.jpeg)

1 Like
de braco -

Incoming! This is some shit you definitely don't see every day

![](upload://hwmHPQ8zdpEO4ySvVkpj1bnBLx0.jpeg)

Wow even availble in BETA format!

It was 95'

![](upload://fQQ83fAiX1oSHJHqvD1KuKZ9h8n.jpeg)

1 Like
de braco -

It was 95'

Wasn't Betamax on its last legs by 1995? Either way, that's awesome. I always approve of some Sambo. 

1 Like
Fast Pitch -

![](upload://fQQ83fAiX1oSHJHqvD1KuKZ9h8n.jpeg)

That's not bad, he has two that came out simultaneously, one is dubbed in english and the other one is subtitled. I split those with colisimo when they first came out, so it was a buy one get one. I just got done putting that 1.5 hr combat sambo tape on dvd and the dvd ended up being a shitbird that wouldn't finalize so have to redo.

Commercial video was still using beta for master tapes, the original lions den tape i had was from a beta master

Holy shit! The “experts” in the secrets of the experts tape are “crazy” Dave Rudman and volk Han. BIG WIN!!!!!

de braco -

Holy shit! The “experts” in the secrets of the experts tape are “crazy” Dave Rudman and volk Han. BIG WIN!!!!!

Volk Han is an expert on how to win at life.

![](upload://rLSBuP9KdOCpYkfWHJuLRLQvdHs.jpeg)

1 Like

^One of the best workers in the history of wrestling

The first tape, "combat sambo for everyone". Cica 1995. I scanned today, the 500 page monstrosity known as "Gene lebell's grappling world encyclopedia of finishing holds", what a nightmare.

https://youtu.be/AYLaxCvRnZg

1 Like

I watched a little of the "combat samo: secrets of the experts" and it's the volk han tape that maeda produced in 1991. It's been re-cut and english substituted for the japanese dialog and sub-titles. The tape quality is about 5 times better than the tape trader copy i already had, so still big win!

I just got finished scanning , "Technical Shooting Fight by Satoru "Tigermask" Sayama" from 1986. This is the entire book as opposed to the baseball magazine special issue, "introduction to shooting" that i had uploaded and gave away previously. If anyone wants a copy to browse shoot me a pm and i'll send you the onedrive link. I used to post straight to the thread but after every time i did that i'd get another ethics violation complaint filed with the state board, submitted by some pinko commie jkd fag, i'm sure. Seeing my real identity proves to just be too much for the little phoenix loving marxist to handle and they just have to lash out like the little bitch they are. Since i don't know how long it's going to be up as my onedrive is almost full, i'd download if you want it. I'm uploading a little encyclopedic extra in the same folder also

![](upload://wccGFuLimIw2sCm2vruxAL4LhLU.jpeg)

de braco -

![](upload://wccGFuLimIw2sCm2vruxAL4LhLU.jpeg)

Oh wow. That's the motherlode right there!

j-money -
shen -
de braco -

4th tape, circa 2001. I believe saunders was originally from bart vale's, or one of his affiliates. These every day, you do not see.

![](upload://maajjbuCXsxJsJmXEvr5S9jmZRW.jpeg)

https://youtu.be/uL37tl4OP3c

Cool.!

I remember the ad but have never seen these... and honestly don't know who either of those guys are.

I remember Chad Saunders. He started fighting young, around 18. He trained with Din Thomas, and I remember him mentioning something about teaching Din the leg lock he used on Jens Pulver in the WEF. He used to post on the UG.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Chad-Saunders-dead-of-self-inflicted-gun-shot/

That is sad.

I liked those videos actually. When they start off they seem like they're going to be terrible, but they warmed up and things get better.

Funny what they are teaching in those tapes --all that reverse Heel Hook stuff-- is what is huge right now in grappling, all these years later. When these tapes were made almost no BJJ guys cared at all about this kind of stuff, now it's part of the cutting edge of what's happening.

Damn suburban techniques

They are doing a special “History of the Leglock” on FloGrappling. They’d better have a huge section on the Japanese shootwrestling scene and early NHB/MMA because that was where it started, not with Danaher or even Scott Sonnen. 

sayama and victor koga are where most of the leglocks come from. Koga was half russian and a master of sport in sambo. There were some in CACC prior to sayama hooking up with koga, but the world changed on the meeting of the two.

The 2nd tape of the series, "secrets of the masters" A.K.A The volk han commando sambo english version. CIRCA 1991

https://youtu.be/5ycZVbYrZpE

No-one wants the rare tigermask shooto book from the 80's? I'll leave it up until tomorrow night.

1 Like

The japanese version box

![](upload://pGE5alweGJp67jPQ6axfA91ZDyu.jpeg)

Do you have the other book

1 Like

i just scanned that one yesterday, along with the UWF shooting bible from 1985. This weekend i’m doing tigermask’s shooting from 84’, his vale tudo victory methods book from 95’, another book from 89’ i forget the name of, the “this is sambo” he wrote with victor koga and his seikendo book

This one?

i assume that’s the only one with that back cover