Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

Joey Styles would always go nuts whenever Taz would apply his “Kata Ha Jime.”

1 Like

i’d like to see the entire instructional that clip came from. Was that guys shtick a legitimate shooter gimmick?

Yes. His gimmick started out as “The Tazmanic” where he looked like a low-rent cross between Jimmy Snuka and the Tasmanian devil. This eventually morphed into “Taz” where he was retooled as being a tough shooter but his offense was mainly a lot of suplexes. He was the hottest wrestler in ECW at one point in time, and was their Heavyweight Champion before bailing for the WWF. I didn’t know he put out any kind of instructional video. His finishing move was that choke in the instructional. I think that he was the head instructor of ECW’s brief training wrestling school. Here is a montage of him in ECW…the footage is terrible, but it was one of the only highlight videos I could find of him.

1 Like

Seize the day, kids. Before you know it, life will have passed you by and you’re on your last legs at the end of your race, regretting everything you didn’t do. Chase that dream, and if you fail, at least you failed daring greatly.

3 Likes
Old Kyokushin tourny in Tokyo (how can they slap?)
3 Likes

It looked like it was Kyokushin vs any style that showed up, loved the hip toss to armbar. Good find.

2 Likes

looks like Azuma’s bunch

All Japan Combative Sports Open 95?

Used to have that on tape, 90 minutes of that kind of carnage. Akihiro Gono had one of the ALL TIME KOs in that event, kicked a guy in the side of the neck and the poor bastard dropped like a sniper shot him, had to be carried off the mat.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going off the description, but doubt those fellas in shorts are kyokushin.

Love the open handed shots and setups. Hackney would be proud.

Wonder what year this was. Looks 90s.

1 Like

I think you must have a space before the first letter of your post for the video not to embed, or it starts a line down from the actual top.speaking of Azuma, this is interesting. Uploaded by Alexander Kuleshov

1 Like

If i live to be a thousand, people will stay say, “this, was his finest hour”

I’m not gonna lie… that guy on the right is how I picture el breako himself… handlebar stache and all.

or maybe like this old school master:

1 Like

You squirrel headed nincompoop! That’s the thanks i get for immortalizing you as what happens in vegas stays in vegas mugshot guy with relyson?

and i’d go thru that whole kung pow bunch like a hurricane thru a mississippi cane brake

Look, if you wanted the Monkey Steals Peach VHS, all you had to do was ask.

Very TMA of you.

De Breako’s Street Ready:

Would love to see the whole event.

Yeah, there were definitely some odd-looking KOs there, but there were also a TON of armbars and kneebars, way more than the vid might suggest. They were scrapping for sure :slight_smile:

Any kuialua videos posted in this thread? I’m in the mood to head to the beach today and break some limbs.