Hugo Duarte: Luta Livre

No, the little phoenix story, straight blastin from hong kong to north america and back again.
EDIT: Better get out the hip waders for this one, it’s going to get deep. Here be their blurb

Black Belt Magazine TV Presents “The Legend of Bruce Lee”
A 30-episode series titled The Legend of Bruce Lee is now available on Black Belt Magazine TV and Black Belt’s YouTube channel. Produced by China’s official China Central Television on a multimillion-dollar budget, it was shot in China, Hong Kong, Macau, the United States, Italy and Thailand over nine months.

Legend traces Lee’s life from his teenage years in Hong Kong to his move to America, where he studied and taught martial arts. It also covers his movie career and untimely death at 32. The series was authorized by the Lee family, with Shannon Lee serving as an executive producer.

1 Like

looks like an outstanding factual account,

1 Like

To accompany the edmund tape from 62’, this “Iron Palm in 100 days” film was by the same guy who produced the “chinese leg maneuvers” film, although this one is from a little later, somewhere over the rainbow in 65-69.

Fiddlesticks! i just realized i posted this before

7th tape of the series from 1998. Fine year, that.

2 Likes

So wishy-washy with the number of moves. Is it 800? 651? 1000!!??

i’m not sure how craig is defining “move”. This was another suggested video, the gaylord method of kajukenbo, uploaded by kenpo and martial arts tapes. FAR OUT!! There’s bad blood between the gaylord method and kajushenbo

Shen, that bjj shit is in danzan. None so blind as those that WON’T see

BJJ guys are lucky the Danzan guys don’t even bother with them. A good Danzan guy knows he can take out pretty much any BJJ at will, so what’s to prove…?

As far as Kajushenbo, I have recently passed leadership of mainline orthodox Kajushenbo to my cousin Marta. --Don’t let her electric scooter fool you! She just uses it to save energy. In case she ever has to take it too fools on the street, she wants her power level to be at 100%, so she chooses to get around Palmdale on a Rascal Scooter.

4 Likes

watch that gaylord kajukunbo. There’s a fightquest on those guys that’s amusing

I came across this uploaded by timothy lee peterson, rather interesting. I recommend checking out this guy’s channel, there’s 9 or 10 more lessons

3 Likes

I remember one of those Joe Moreira video sets, he demonstrated a series of hair grab defense and escapes. Problem was, Joe was bald in the videos and hardly had any hair. His use would place their hand on his head and make a fist to simulate grabbing his hair. It was ridiculous

2 Likes

Bobby Robare Muay Thai great

3 Likes

The beautiful Ilonka Elmont seminar
Kickboxing Seminar Dutch Style with Ilonka Elmont at HitFit Gym in San Francisco - YouTube

2 Likes

Love this thread!

You men are pure gold for all this!

MR. C

one of you has to know something about the whereabouts of these

Not old but may be interesting to those who are interested in WW1 Combatives and Wiliiam E Fairbairn.

3 Likes

I posted this on the OG, no interest. I find the historical martial arts fascinating.

2 Likes

sometime in 70’s, between 72 and 74 i talked to an old fella who had been a member of the bartitsu school and could wield a pretty mean cane or switch, i was unfortunately an ignorant child with no understanding of such things so i didn’t press him for more info. My level of understanding at the time was on par with a scrumptious little high yella chick 20 years later, while watching an escrima match, asked me “why don’t he just whack him in the fucking head”

The first tape of the rick lucero series from 98’. I didn’t get these when they first came out and i’ve never been able to locate an original set, i got this bootleg from the steppa and i really wish i’d bought the originals when they first came out, i think i bought the second bayless set instead, not knocking them, i just wished i’d picked up both.

2 Likes