Hugo Duarte-Renzo Gracie

Hugo posted on his page he is fighting Renzo.It may be grappling.Id be willing to bet it doesnt happen But id watch.PS Ryan Gracie i think filmed the Hugo-Rickson beach fight.I wonder if theres any footage of the rematch ?

Not sure why Renzo would fight him.

My body is ready? I have aches and pains that come with age, but my body is ready.

In

Hugo had such an unfortunate career. Had tank beat but went for a sub instead of pounding this shit out of him. People can debate this. Then stepped in the right g with Kerr, which isn’t fun.

Meet him at his UFC fight. Language was an issue but could tell he was super excited to visit with fans

The guy on the coffee can?

If Renzo is doing this it's because he's vored or something.

I cannot imagine he needs the cash.

I don’t know if I would say he “had Tank beat.”

Cool fight. Do it in Bellator.

kungfugrip - Hugo had such an unfortunate career. Had tank beat but went for a sub instead of pounding this shit out of him. People can debate this. Then stepped in the right g with Kerr, which isn't fun.

Meet him at his UFC fight. Language was an issue but could tell he was super excited to visit with fans

Had Tank beat?

What fight did you watch?

he had his back with 2 hooks. maybe he coulda  flattened him out, beat him up a bit, then choked him. but he went for an immediate armbar and failed. 

ranier wolfcastle - 

he had his back with 2 hooks. maybe he coulda  flattened him out, beat him up a bit, then choked him. but he went for an immediate armbar and failed. 

Tank’s RNC defense was questionable. IF Duarte had stayed with the choke, he’d have likely won.

Going for the armbar was stupid.

BiggGunn - 
ranier wolfcastle - 

Tank’s RNC defense was questionable. IF Duarte had stayed with the choke, he’d have likely won.

Going for the armbar was stupid.

Duarte was way too high, certainly didn’t look like a trained BJJ guy.

mglaw -
kungfugrip - Hugo had such an unfortunate career. Had tank beat but went for a sub instead of pounding this shit out of him. People can debate this. Then stepped in the right g with Kerr, which isn't fun.

Had Tank beat?

going for the armbar clearly cost him the fight That said he couldnt recover

kind of a quick stop Not sure if true but i read Hugo KOed Alllen Goes at a bar when Goes was young

You can’t game plan around tools and knowledge a fighter simply doesn’t have at the time of the fight. He trained to go for submissions, and that’s what he did. It didn’t work. GnP wasn’t nearly as well understood back then (both how and when to use it strategically). Those are actual fight skills, skills he simply didn’t have when it mattered in that fight. Most competitive fights are determined by the skills of the participants, there isn’t really a “hand tank beat” moment, he had a momentary advantage, used it to do what he had been trained to do, and it wasn’t enough. You can’t argue that he should have gotten in a time machine and watched another 10 years of MMA GnP evolve and make decisions on that after incorporating it into his training for a year or 2, but that’s what he brought on fight night.

To his credit, Hugo did fight the best version of Tank we had ever seen. If that Tank showed up to all his fights, he’d have half as many losses.

I remember the hype Hugo had going into the Tank fight…he had beat a few scrubs in Japan and he crushed a UFC veteran in Harold Howard but not much else…he was a very aggressive sound grappler but not ready for Tanks power…

Would Hugo have beaten Tank if he didn’t go for the armbar? Hard to say as we don’t know how good Hugo’s punching on the ground was…he did taje Tank down very quickly and was in a good position relatively quickly so that says something…he was definitely skilled but needed more experience against more skilled opts…

Then Huge fought a lame fight vs Ker and that was it for him…I wish he would have fought again in the UFC

I remember Eugenio Tadeu being very hyped going into his fight with Burnett but he got the shit kicked out of him…turns out these Brazilian superstars weren’t that good and the sport had evolved

mglaw -

Had Tank beat?

I was thinking the same thing.  Tank was a scary dude at this point.