Hulk Hogan was making 10 million in the 80's

Contrast his annual income then, to what UFC fighters get 1/4 of a century later )-:

Yet he's so broke now that he's doing a midget wrestling reality show.

Makes you think.

He sold a TON of merchandise back then. Hulk sold more swag in the 80's than the entire UFC does right now.

BigWilliam - He sold a TON of merchandise back then. Hulk sold more swag in the 80's than the entire UFC does right now.

Yup, McMahon used all the WWF's money & pushed Hogan to the moon. They would put Hogan's name/picture on anything that would sell. And they sold millions & millions worth a year

Yeah, but what are ya gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you? Phone Post

Hogan is still more wellknown around the world than any UFC-fighter. Hell, my mom knew who Hulk Hogan was and we didn´t even have wrestling on TV in sweden back in the 80´s...

Hulk Hogan alone in 1985-1987 was bigger than Dana White's ego, the UFC's grasp and the reach of Jon Jones.

He was THAT big.

So big that here we are today and if you say pro wrestling, his name likely comes up early.

With boxing it's Ali or Tyson from the unwashed, uneducated masses.

With pro wrestling it's Hulk Hogan.

He was THAT big that he still looms large today.

I don't even like pro wrestling, Hogan is a joke in his personal life but it can't be denied how big he was.

Lunch boxes, appearances on prime time shows like Diffrent Strokes, hosting SNL, late night specials on NBC, front cover of Sports Illustrated, Rocky III, his own line of toys and vitamins.

Oh and if you wanted a Hogan t shirt you couldn't order online or go to a store.

You HAD to go to the arena or order from WWF catalog.

If Hogan shirts were sold in JC Penney or Wal Mart or online?

He would have been EVEN bigger.

Dana can rewrite MMA but his name is in ink, Hogan has chiseled his in stone. Phone Post

Chris Leben was quickly becoming the "Hulk Hogan" of this generation, but his recent loss stifled the momentum )-:

Your point?

Pro wrestlers are VERY well paid.

Yeah but how many fighters in the UFC have 24 inch pythons?

Wait don't answer that.

Then or now. Only the top guys in wrestling are getting rich and then it's a lot through merchandise sales. The fact is Hogan made a ton of money because he generated massive amounts of income for the WWF.

Hogan was known in all four corners of the earth. He is one of the most polarizing figures in not only sports entertainment history but sports AND entertainment history. Dude is a GOAT regardless of his current status. Phone Post

Look at how many former big name pro wrestlers have severe injuries, drug problems, as well as the number of suicides and contrast that with former big name UFC fighters.

Granted, time will tell a little bit more about the effects of mma fighting.

I'd rather make $3 million and be able to enjoy it rather than $50 million and have kidney failure.

Actors have always made a bunch of money. I'm sure Brad Pitt makes more than GSP and A. Silva combined.

Plus, as Phisher said, he's very broke now. The reality TV and midget wrestling crap is ridiculous. Save your money kids, or don't live beyond your means.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Hulk Hogan alone in 1985-1987 was bigger than Dana White's ego, the UFC's grasp and the reach of Jon Jones.

He was THAT big.

So big that here we are today and if you say pro wrestling, his name likely comes up early.

With boxing it's Ali or Tyson from the unwashed, uneducated masses.

With pro wrestling it's Hulk Hogan.

He was THAT big that he still looms large today.

I don't even like pro wrestling, Hogan is a joke in his personal life but it can't be denied how big he was.

Lunch boxes, appearances on prime time shows like Diffrent Strokes, hosting SNL, late night specials on NBC, front cover of Sports Illustrated, Rocky III, his own line of toys and vitamins.

Oh and if you wanted a Hogan t shirt you couldn't order online or go to a store.

You HAD to go to the arena or order from WWF catalog.

If Hogan shirts were sold in JC Penney or Wal Mart or online?

He would have been EVEN bigger.

Dana can rewrite MMA but his name is in ink, Hogan has chiseled his in stone. Phone Post

...gonna quote this... Phone Post

kryptikal - Actors have always made a bunch of money. I'm sure Brad Pitt makes more than GSP and A. Silva combined.

Plus, as Phisher said, he's very broke now. The reality TV and midget wrestling crap is ridiculous. Save your money kids, or don't live beyond your means.

Actually Hulk's ex-bitch of a wife is more to blame for his financial woes than Hulk. Bitch lived off Hogan's coattails for years, doing absolutely nothing, and can file for divorce and get most of his money? I just dont get it. And don't use the excuse of "well she raised the kids" cause we all know Hulk paid to have his kids raised with nannies etc.

Than add in Nick's accident were he damn near killed a guy, the subsuquent medical and legal fees from that and its pretty easy to see why Hulk lost most of his money.

But Hulk is still worth alot of money and if i had to bet is still pretty well off. With TNA, his endorsements he is doing now, and what he has invester or in the bank i am not to worried about the guys bank account.