Hunt appeal calls basis of dismissal of Brock

Steven McTowelie -

I again don’t disagree with Hunt, someone needs to die on that hill.

But legally speaking, can some lawyer argue (with examples) that Hunt fought roided monsters his whole career in kickboxing and Pride and that he had no reasonable expectation to have a clean opponent in Brock?

Yes but in this case Mark was subject to the same tests as Brock. He passed, Brock didn't and the UFC likely knew. You can't compare it to other organizations where no testing was going on.

Well Yoel got a 25 mill settlement so Hunt is probably hoping he'll get the same

Dreville79 - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

Mark Hunt ain't no bitch

When you hear the term, "walk off ko", Hunt is the first name you think of. 

I have to agree with Hunt on this.  I know it might seem petty, but why should it be fair a fighter gets special treatment in the form of multiple failed steroid test, still gets to fight and make money?  Even though the fight was later ruled a no contest, this still affected Hunt's fighting legacy.  People will remember he lost and they won't take into consideration the ped use of Brock. 

UFC has done an outstanding job of staying afloat during the pandemic, and I give Dana White and company all the credit in that regard, but knowingly allowing fighters to fight after failed test, they are wrong for that. 

Here’s the problem..

Mark Hunt continuously accused Brock of being a PED user leading up to their fight. I knew Brock was a lifelong PED user, you knew he was, everyone here knew he was. No one thought he was coming back juice free, not even his biggest fans.

So Hunt had these options in my opinion

1. Turn down the fight due to knowing Brock is a PED abusing cheat. Leave with morals intact

2. Take the fight and show him that even being a PED abusing cheat, he’ll get that walk off KO

What you can’t do, is take the fight, whilst KNOWING AND TELLING everyone your opponent is a cheat, and then bitch and moan afterwards.

Hunt took the fight for the biggest payday of his career, a payday none of us will say he didn’t earn with what he’d given the sport. To then file mulitple lawsuits because the guy you took that payday for, was the guy you KNEW he was, is a bitch move.

Unfortunatley for Mark, his lawyers are taking every bit of the money he ever earned on a non case. He’ll be broke and have a very difficult time in life in future due to all this, and it’s a fucking shame for one of the guys who defined what the term “fighter” means to a lot of us 

Every fighter who ever took a fight with Brock & Cyborg did so for exposure and/or money. Every man and woman these two faced knew the amount of PEDs they were on, it isn’t fucking difficult to see is it. Don’t fucking moan after you leave your morals at the door and fight these lifelong drugs cheats 

This. It looks really bad for Hunt. He knew going into the fight that Brock was on something. Don’t want to fight a guy on PEDs? Then don’t fight him.

Wow. 10 years later and Hunt still can’t let it go.

If someone signs to fight lesner and they dont accept that dude is a roid monster i dont know what to say.

I like hunt and he has right to be pissed off but he cant act suprised that  lesner was on this shit.

On a side note i think fighters should be allowed to use performance enhancers. Maybe create a steroid league 

showmedaway - 

Well Yoel got a 25 mill settlement so Hunt is probably hoping he'll get the same

Wasn't that paid out from the suppliment company that had tainted product though?

This shit has really made me dislike hunt . Move on for fuck sake. You literally said in one of your pre fight interviews . "I think he's juiced to the gills but I'll still knock him out " 

Well you didn't you fucken lost. Build a bridge 

2 Likes
Dreville79 -
BringBackHeadbutts -

Mark Hunt ain't no bitch

I have to agree with Hunt on this.  I know it might seem petty, but why should it be fair a fighter gets special treatment in the form of multiple failed steroid test, still gets to fight and make money?  Even though the fight was later ruled a no contest, this still affected Hunt's fighting legacy.  People will remember he lost and they won't take into consideration the ped use of Brock. 

UFC has done an outstanding job of staying afloat during the pandemic, and I give Dana White and company all the credit in that regard, but knowingly allowing fighters to fight after failed test, they are wrong for that. 

Here’s the problem..

Mark Hunt continuously accused Brock of being a PED user leading up to their fight. I knew Brock was a lifelong PED user, you knew he was, everyone here knew he was. No one thought he was coming back juice free, not even his biggest fans.

1. Turn down the fight due to knowing Brock is a PED abusing cheat. Leave with morals intact

2. Take the fight and show him that even being a PED abusing cheat, he’ll get that walk off KO

What you can’t do, is take the fight, whilst KNOWING AND TELLING everyone your opponent is a cheat, and then bitch and moan afterwards.

Hunt took the fight for the biggest payday of his career, a payday none of us will say he didn’t earn with what he’d given the sport. To then file mulitple lawsuits because the guy you took that payday for, was the guy you KNEW he was, is a bitch move.

Unfortunatley for Mark, his lawyers are taking every bit of the money he ever earned on a non case. He’ll be broke and have a very difficult time in life in future due to all this, and it’s a fucking shame for one of the guys who defined what the term “fighter” means to a lot of us 

Every fighter who ever took a fight with Brock & Cyborg did so for exposure and/or money. Every man and woman these two faced knew the amount of PEDs they were on, it isn’t fucking difficult to see is it. Don’t fucking moan after you leave your morals at the door and fight these lifelong drugs cheats 

I still don't like the whole concept of "assumption of risk" and the semantics game the lawyers are playing.  Lesnar was clearly doping and clearly got caught.  IMO, the way this needs to be handled in the future, is the offending party should forfeit 100% of their money to the wronged party, and be given a non-negotiable two year suspension for first time offenses.  Second time, banned forever.  If it's a title fight, the champion is immediately stripped, and after his suspension is over, they return unranked. 

This Lesnar - Hunt thing isn't new, and it's a symptom of a bigger problem within the sport - til this day, there is still enough financial incentive to cheat relative to the risk of getting caught.  In reality, Brock was able to dope, still got his payday of over $2M (and who knows how much more in other revenues), had to have the fight changed to a no contest (which no casual fan will ever care about), and all he had to do was drop a paltry sum of $250K for it to happen. I mean, realistically, if he was sure he'd never fight again, he probably could have told NSAC to eat a dick and not even pay the fine, but that's not smart business, and Brock knows that.

So yeah, this comes back to the age old discussion of needing to make the punishment a real deterrent, and the way you do that is by destroying the careers of cheaters. If someone is forced to lose all of their money and is kicked out of the game for two years, unable to earn and getting passed by by their competitors, maybe they'll think twice, but as long as the financial benefits of cheating still outweigh the risks, it'll never truly stop. 

WaltJ -
Dreville79 -
BringBackHeadbutts -

Mark Hunt ain't no bitch

Here’s the problem..

I still don't like the whole concept of "assumption of risk" and the semantics game the lawyers are playing.  Lesnar was clearly doping and clearly got caught.  IMO, the way this needs to be handled in the future, is the offending party should forfeit 100% of their money to the wronged party, and be given a non-negotiable two year suspension for first time offenses.  Second time, banned forever.  If it's a title fight, the champion is immediately stripped, and after his suspension is over, they return unranked. 

This Lesnar - Hunt thing isn't new, and it's a symptom of a bigger problem within the sport - til this day, there is still enough financial incentive to cheat relative to the risk of getting caught.  In reality, Brock was able to dope, still got his payday of over $2M (and who knows how much more in other revenues), had to have the fight changed to a no contest (which no casual fan will ever care about), and all he had to do was drop a paltry sum of $250K for it to happen. I mean, realistically, if he was sure he'd never fight again, he probably could have told NSAC to eat a dick and not even pay the fine, but that's not smart business, and Brock knows that.

So yeah, this comes back to the age old discussion of needing to make the punishment a real deterrent, and the way you do that is by destroying the careers of cheaters. If someone is forced to lose all of their money and is kicked out of the game for two years, unable to earn and getting passed by by their competitors, maybe they'll think twice, but as long as the financial benefits of cheating still outweigh the risks, it'll never truly stop. 

Completely agree, and the problem is, with a draw like Brock, I’ve no doubt the UFC would have told him they’d handle USADA and sort out all that stuff. They’d do the same for any big draw, which is why the whole USADA fascade is bullshit. I’m 110% against drugs cheats, personally I’d like to see a first time offence lifetime ban for it, but while the system is a falicy, we might as well just let everyone roid up 

Hunt should have just turned down the fight 

I feel like you obviously knew he was a juice machine but ignored it because of the payday and when you lost you had an issue. If you won would he have still sued? Probably not with is where the issue is IMO 

I like both fighters, I enjoy watching them both, brick never put on a boring fight and hunt was a OG from pride Days. 

let’s be honest here, I don’t think hunt has anything here 

“I’ve been fighting cheaters my whole career, so the thing is, when you’re caught cheating, that means you’ve got to look back on your life and the accomplishments you’ve done and (ask), did you really do them, or did the cheating that did it? That’s on them,” Hunt said. “That’s not on me at all. I can’t control what they’ll be doing.”

He added: “I don’t care if you’re cheating or not. I’ll punch your face in. That’s all I’ve got.”

Hunt, speaking to UFC Fight Week on Fox Sports, accused Lesnar of being on steroids and bemoaned the drug-testing exemption given to his UFC 200 opponent.

“I don’t think it’s a great move," Hunt said. "I think he’s juiced to the gills—and I still think I’m going to knock him out. So I don’t think that’s correct. I don’t think he should be allowed to get a four-month exemption otherwise everyone else should. Otherwise I should start juicing."

We'll see what happens.  I'm not feeling to good for Hunt on this appeal.  Their "new" approach still seems like it's all over the place and really runs a wide gamut.  One thing that I do agree with Hunt's appeal is that IMO "all risks" don't mean all risks when the imminently approaching risk is clearly and unequivocally based on one competitor's known cheating.  This was identified both before the fight and again afterwards in another test. Upon the positive finding, the commission should have stepped in and canned the fight, unless I don't have my facts straight about the situation. The fact that a person could suffer significant injuries or death in a regulated MMA contest is most certainly acceptable risk, but to be subjected to increased risk by fighting a PED-enhanced competitor in a fight that arguably shouldn't have even happened is, IMO a different story.  The argument from UFC's attorney about MMA having a "history" of PEDs and Hunt having "suspicions" of Lesnar doping seems like conjecture to me, given the fact that there are multiple tests that clearly show he was, so that part seems, so I'm not sure how material that is.  There's no speculation here.... He doped. 

That being said, the contention that the UFC took further retaliatory acts against him (canceling the Tybura fight after Hunt's own retarded, public remarks) is going to have a pretty big burden of proof.

Just my thoughts.  I'm not an attorney and haven't read a single article about this in years since this morning, so I could be completely off base. 

As of this morning, four years later, Lesnar's team and USADA are still "getting to the bottom of this."

Hairybog -

This shit has really made me dislike hunt . Move on for fuck sake. You literally said in one of your pre fight interviews . "I think he's juiced to the gills but I'll still knock him out " 

Well you didn't you fucken lost. Build a bridge 

The guys got like a 75 iq, what do you want out of him

BringBackHeadbutts -
showmedaway - 

Wasn't that paid out from the suppliment company that had tainted product though?

The judgment was against the supplement company but he has never been paid any of it.

The supplement company never answered the legal case, offered defense or showed up in court.

Siciliano di Brooklyn - Seriously, this shit still going on? 4 years ago the fight was...

Mark could have been a much better fighter. He didn't put in the work like everyone else to be in peak physical condition. He relied on brute power and heart. Which is commendable. But, where is he now? How is he set up financially? I hope he is well. And it wouldn't make me mad one bit if he got paid. It's just the way this whole situation comes off. 

JThomasufc91 -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - Seriously, this shit still going on? 4 years ago the fight was...

Mark could have been a much better fighter. He didn't put in the work like everyone else to be in peak physical condition. He relied on brute power and heart. Which is commendable. But, where is he now? How is he set up financially? I hope he is well. And it wouldn't make me mad one bit if he got paid. It's just the way this whole situation comes off. 

Mark has had a very hard life and used his natural gifts to do a lot better than most people do in similar situations to his.

Yes as a fighter he completely squandered his talent,

But he still made it as an elite kick-boxer and at points a top 10 mma fighter so good for him

Hunt is a total baby with this. He has faught a ton of juicers in his career and never said a peep. Not only that but he was one of the highest paid guys in the UFC right?

$350,000 per fight for 6 fights  ^^^

crowbar -

$350,000 per fight for 6 fights  ^^^

Hell of a salary for a journeyman in my opinion