Hunt the best .500 MMA fighter of all time, yes?

12-11-1 (Technically slightly above .500 if you don't count the Draw, I suppose).

Anyway, he fought a number of roiders, didn't even start his MMA career until he was 30, and 7 of his fights have been after he turned 40.

Has there ever been a better fighter w/ a .500 record or close to .500 record?

He's a classic example of someone's record not reflecting how good they actually are, so I'd say yes. Unfortunately, it can't be said without it coming off as somewhat negative. 

Never did a bum beat Mark Hunt. He has fought the top guys since day one.

BJ Penn comes to mind. Just phenom of a fighter!

BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Carlos Newton.

There's a lot that floated close to that.

Op your answer is Penn.

SinCityHustler - Op your answer is Penn.

Penn was 16-11-2. Pretty close to .500, and obviously a better overall fighter than Hunt. But still has a better winning percentage.

Does Krazy Horse slide into the top 5 with a 30–30–2 record?

StrantZ - 

Does Krazy Horse slide into the top 5 with a 30–30–2 record?

I think probably so. Along w/ Carlos Newton, who went 16-14, and was the UFC WW champ at one time.

kostecki - Never did a bum beat Mark Hunt. He has fought the top guys since day one.
McCorkle submitted him in his UFC debut.

Yeah, depending how close to .500 you want to count. Newton, Penn, Couture

Thingading - 

Penn was 16-11-2. Pretty close to .500, and obviously a better overall fighter than Hunt. But still has a better winning percentage.

definitely but who would you rather fight?

This is actually a really fun trivia question. I looked up a ton of fighters, Josh Neer, Jens, Joe Daddy, Melvin Guillard... everyone's really really close to 2:1 ratio.

Shayna Baszler 15-11.
Hideo Tokoro 34-29.

Melvin Manhoef is 30-13... I thought for sure he'd be 1:1.

Amir Sadollah 6-5.

The one and only, UG's own, Phil Baroni, 15-18. Fuck that record... he might not be the best 1:1 fighter, but he's gotta be the guy where the 1:1 record is the biggest lie.

TTT for the old school guys.

DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 

leslie smith, kinda.  she's no mark hunt or bj penn, but she does smash lower opponents in a fun way, and gets blasted by stronger ones.  her head exploded from a jessica eye punch,and still she wanted to fight , IN SPANISH. 

her record is like under 500 iirc.  no matter -  she's a gamer.

Yeah, I like her, too. No Mark Hunt, like you said, but not too long ago was willing to take on Cyborg and didn't bitch about it or try to find a way out of the fight. She has 3 Fight of the Nights to her credit, including her last bout in December. She'll throw down.

She's 9-7-1, so very close to .500.

inf0 - 
Thingading - 

definitely but who would you rather fight?

Who would I rather fight? I'll put it this way. Not the guy I made this thread about - who would probably decapitate me when he connected. I might at least still be alive after getting worked by the smaller dude.

Matt Brown's close at 20-16.

Barry McCockiner -
kostecki - Never did a bum beat Mark Hunt. He has fought the top guys since day one.
McCorkle submitted him in his UFC debut.
Maybe not a bum. Certainly no world beater.Your signature is most fitting.

I guess..