Hunting Podcast Thread

There are a ton out there, alot of them aren't that Interesting to me. But there are a few and I'm always looking for a few more to add to the rotation.

I regularly listen to
Meateater Podcast -Of course. Wish they came out more often.

Hunt Talk Radio -Randy Newbergs podcast. The meateater guys helped him get it going. I love Randy. He's also very involved in the activist side of the game and knows pretty much everybody so he gets fantastic guests and has a very unique insight, and a willingness to be honest, about the hunting industry and how it all works.

The Rich Outdoors - A regular DIY guy that's starting to take off. They aren't all great, but they're usually pretty good.

I recently stumbled upon The Hunt Backcountry Podcast and I'm really enjoying it. Working my way through the back episodes.

What are my fellow OG hunters listening to during the dark months?

None , it's like watching a fishing show to me .

fastnotch331 - None , it's like watching a fishing show to me .
Lol, I can't imagine watching a fishing show. Or 99% of hunting shows.

Lots of interesting (to me at least) biology and stuff like that. And things like access issues and how tag application process works in different states.

I listen to all four you mentioned and those are my top 4... in that order. The only other one I listen to regularly is Jay Scott Outdoors. I've also listened to a coulple of episodes of Hunt, Gather, Talk with Hank Shaw and I like it so far.

MountainMedic -
fastnotch331 - None , it's like watching a fishing show to me .
Lol, I can't imagine watching a fishing show. Or 99% of hunting shows.

Lots of interesting (to me at least) biology and stuff like that. And things like access issues and how tag application process works in different states.
Ya some of that would be ok . Don't know when I'd listen though .

HuntINg!

TSG -

I listen to all four you mentioned and those are my top 4... in that order. The only other one I listen to regularly is Jay Scott Outdoors. I've also listened to a coulple of episodes of Hunt, Gather, Talk with Hank Shaw and I like it so far.

Nice
I'll definitely check those other ones out.

Are you a Western guy? Seems like alot of the podcasts are Eastern or Midwest stand hunting oriented, or trophy oriented, and I just can't relate to either of those things.

Gritty Bowmen gets the nod for me. Lots of great content with some humor mixed in. 

They cover topics ranging from hunting the late rut in Alabama to Grizzly hunting in Alaska. If you are an archery guy then you will definitely love the podcast as both Brian and Aron Snyder are big archery nuts, Aron in particular. He picked up the recurve about a year ago and has done more with it in the past year than most guys do in 10. For a Texas guy who is just now venturing into western hunting the podcast has been a resource for me as I not only enjoy listening to the podcast but I pick up a good bit from them sharing their experiences. They also interview alot of people in the industry so its interesting listening to the people who are associated with names you hear all the time like Sitka, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, MtnOps, etc. 

Give them a follow on Instagram if you want a little extra entertainment. The gritty tech tips Aron does are pretty funny. 

PresTex -

Gritty Bowmen gets the nod for me. Lots of great content with some humor mixed in. 

They cover topics ranging from hunting the late rut in Alabama to Grizzly hunting in Alaska. If you are an archery guy then you will definitely love the podcast as both Brian and Aron Snyder are big archery nuts, Aron in particular. He picked up the recurve about a year ago and has done more with it in the past year than most guys do in 10. For a Texas guy who is just now venturing into western hunting the podcast has been a resource for me as I not only enjoy listening to the podcast but I pick up a good bit from them sharing their experiences. They also interview alot of people in the industry so its interesting listening to the people who are associated with names you hear all the time like Sitka, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, MtnOps, etc. 

Give them a follow on Instagram if you want a little extra entertainment. The gritty tech tips Aron does are pretty funny. 

Came to mention Gritty Bowmen.

Yeah, I need to get on those. Not sure why I haven't.

MountainMedic -
TSG -

Nice

Are you a Western guy? Seems like alot of the podcasts are Eastern or Midwest stand hunting oriented, or trophy oriented, and I just can't relate to either of those things.

Yeah I live in Arizona and it's the only state i've ever hunted. I got into hunting about 4 years ago and finally harvested my first buck last year. I'm still new to hunting but i'm pretty obsessed so these podcasts keep my mind occupied on hunting year round.

TSG -
MountainMedic -
TSG -

Nice

Yeah I live in Arizona and it's the only state i've ever hunted. I got into hunting about 4 years ago and finally harvested my first buck last year. I'm still new to hunting but i'm pretty obsessed so these podcasts keep my mind occupied on hunting year round.

I didn't grow up hunting. Can learn alot from these shows. Sometimes it's like hanging out with the uncle's you wish you'd had as they dole out little gems.

Congratulations on the buck! That memory will keep you going when it gets tough. And I understand"obcession", I bought llamas so I could keep hunting the way I want to. Freaking llamas.

PresTex - 

The ones with Aron good. Can't get into the others as much but should give them another try.

TSG - 
MountainMedic -
TSG -

Nice

What part of AZ?

UGCTT_5 for fighting -
PresTex -

This

later

MountainMedic -
TSG -
MountainMedic -
TSG -

Nice

I didn't grow up hunting. Can learn alot from these shows. Sometimes it's like hanging out with the uncle's you wish you'd had as they dole out little gems.

Congratulations on the buck! That memory will keep you going when it gets tough. And I understand"obcession", I bought llamas so I could keep hunting the way I want to. Freaking llamas.

Llamas! that's awesome. What type of hunting do you use llamas for?

UGCTT_5 for fighting -
PresTex -

Gritty Bowmen is legit.

OnCall -
TSG - 
MountainMedic -
TSG -

Nice

What part of AZ?

I live in the Phoenix area but have hunted mostly in the Coconino and Prescott National forests.

I have listened to every meateater podcast. I have also watched every meat eater episode (twice if not five times), most of the wild within, have listened to his JRE episodes, watch every short he posts on YouTube, have both of his "complete guide" books, and am currently reading his Buffalo book. I have a couple buddy's who are big fans and we talk in "Rinellaisms" (all manner of Rinella terms). We have Rinella face, the face he makes where he sticks his teeth out. As I posted this, a buddy texted me a screen shot of a really good "Rinella face." I'm a god damn Rinella fanboy supreme. Like, I'm kinda creeping myself out. Bad. The guy seriously knows his shit on so many levels. I cannot recommend him enough. I'd be like a god damn teenage girl if I ever met him. Dude is called "the godfather" in my group.

As much as I have a bad infatuation with consuming everything Rinella does, in some ways I like Randy Newbergs podcast more. His TV show doesn't hold a candle to Meat Eater (though I watch it), his podcast is great. He is clearly incredibly politically active and his incredible knowledge of not only all policy surrounding hunting, but his descriptions of actively participating in the legislative process is incredible. The guy not only talks policy on his podcast, but goes to the Senate floor and speaks to his reps about it and truly fights the fight. He is a board member on the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and his guests are big timers like the creators of RMEF and sites like GoHunt and high ranking guys from Leopold and shit. The guy puts out a fantastic podcast.

Those guys arey hero's. Rinella has a super deep knowledge of the history of animals. He also is separated greatly from Newberg by his cooking stuff (which, watching him cook and eat the animals he kills elevates his show well beyond Newbergs.) They both know politics, but Newbergs actions are much louder and his impact and experiences are deeper than Rinellas. They are both fantastic hunters.

I'll have to check out the other guy medic, but Newberg and Rinella are fucking fantastic.