Hunting scope: TMA

Just acquired a 30/06 from my bro. I'm not an active hunter but want to be ready if/when invited. I was looking at getting a decent scope for boar or deer. Any recommendations? Trying to keep it under $300

Lookong at the Leupold VX2 3-9x40, Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, and Vortex Diamondback 4-16x42. 

I have the 50mm prostaff with bdc but I wish I would have gotten a better 40mm leupold

Which leupold were you looking at? 

I would recommend a 4x12. I personally like them much better than 3x9's. 

DrDiesel -

I would recommend a 4x12. I personally like them much better than 3x9's. 

I'm willing to pay a little more, so will consider the bump. Is "BDC" (bullet drop compensator a Nikon thing?

A leupold in that range will do very nicely 

you just glassin?

Stick with the Vortex.

I have a Leupold on both my .338 and 17.hmr.

I also have a Vortex Diamondback on my .300 WSM.   Both brands make awesome optics. I prefer my Leupolds though, but you cant go wrong with the warranty of Vortex

Leopold is damn hard to beat but a vortex is great as well, both are US based but Vortex makes a majority over seas vs Leopold is made here.

Also 3x9x40 is great unless you are really getting out there.

Thanks guys. Ended up getting the Leupold VX2. 

Vortex for sure. Excellent glass at whatever price point and customer service is top notch. Lifetime warranty no matter the issue and is transferable to anyone who owns the optic without a receipt. You can give it to your kids in 20 years and they run it over? its guaranteed warranty no issues.

swfa super scout..might be sniper...

i think lower/fixed power are called scout