HW Jon Jones tweets a vid hitting the pads

46and2 -
sureshock -
46and2 -

Once he finally steps in there I will give him a bit of credit for finally moving up to test himself.  Having said that, he still has chicken legs and I hope he gets KO'd

I don't know about that bro. His legs look huge now. He is a natural HW and was depriving his body with extreme weight cuts at LHW. 

Have you seen Miocic legs? Not all that big at HW. Ngannou on the other hand…

That vid posted by King of the North a few posts up showing Jon from the side makes them look pretty chicken-y to me.  Especially the calves.  

I’m just being a dick though really.  I do not like the dude.  Amazing fighter though and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the strap at HW.  

He looks fucken huge now. Will make Miocic look like a midget. However let’s see how he performs at HW. Can he carry over the speed? Can he carry over the cardio from LHW? That remains to be seen. And HWs hit harder. He has a challenge ahead of him. But he has reach, he has that champion mentality, he has that size. As a one off HW fight debut to Miocic, he poses so risks to Stipes thrones. Doubt he can defend the title against heavy hitters like Ngannou. 

That little jumping switch knee to the body he did in that last clip literally made my soul jump out of my body. 

He looks like he is carrying a lot of fat compared to the past

HoldingTuasBalls - 
sureshock -
NHBDaddy - lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

Never seen anyone take so long to move up in weight

And that’s probably why Jones might defeat Stipe. Who’s been in all our wars with his trilogy with DC.  Jones is Taking his time to work on his weaknesses. He’s an intelligent fighter. When it comes to fighting he is no fool. He realizes the HW danger.  Nobody could beat him at LHW for this reason. He is a student of the game and excels at what he does. Hence the long layoff to move to HW.

But fuck him for cheating steroids. He will always have an asterisks next to his name. DC is better on a level playing field. 

One thing Stipe has for him is that he has gone 5 rds a few times. Question is, how will Jones do cardio wise at that weight?

True, but we’ve also seen Jon in fights where he was taking damage and tired, and love him or hate him…the motherfucker has heart and keeps coming. Go back and watch that first Gus fight. Even if he starts to tire, he keeps coming. There’s no quit in the guy, and his fight IQ will help him there. He’ll find positions he can take breaks in. If Jon loses, it won’t be because his cardio fails him and he flails around and get TKO’d.

NHBDaddy - lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

Don’t forget DC knocked out Stipe. Miocic wrestles to victory over Francis. Can he out wrestle Jones? Can he close the space on Jones as easily? Would be interesting to see. And if Francis wins, that’s the most exciting fight for Jones imo, just because he’s such a monster and legit HW who could possibly put Jones’ lights out with one punch

King of the North - 

Don’t forget DC knocked out Stipe. Miocic wrestles to victory over Francis. Can he out wrestle Jones? Can he close the space on Jones as easily? Would be interesting to see. And if Francis wins, that’s the most exciting fight for Jones imo, just because he’s such a monster and legit HW who could possibly put Jones’ lights out with one punch

Yeah, but if Jon fights smart, he’ll have zero issues taking Francis down, and Jon’s control, ground and pound, AND BJJ are MUCH better than Stipe’s. If Jon slips a punch and takes Francis down, I think he can grab a dominant position and a choke pretty easily. I don’t think Francis learned how to grapple in the last couple years. He’s a monster on the feet, but I don’t think he can avoid gnp, and subs from a dominant ground guy. His grappling is all about avoiding the takedown and getting back up.

Jon out wrestled DC for fuck sake…clinched him, pushed him into the fence and took him down, and that was at 205. DC talked after the fight about how he didn’t expect Jon to be that strong. If DC was saying that about Jon at 205, I expect the 245 pound Jon to be crazy strong. I think the Francis fight takes 1 clinch from Jon.

I think Jon will struggle more with Stipe and Blades. I’ve said it in other threads, the way someone beats Jon is by keeping it boring and point fighting him, and hoping the razor thin decision goes your way. Stipe and Blades would strike with him and avoid takedowns, with it likely going to the cards…unless Stipe’s age caught up with him, and it will at some point. He’s 38.

sureshock - 

And that’s probably why Jones might defeat Stipe. Who’s been in all our wars with his trilogy with DC.  Jones is Taking his time to work on his weaknesses. He’s an intelligent fighter. When it comes to fighting he is no fool. He realizes the HW danger.  Nobody could beat him at LHW for this reason. He is a student of the game and excels at what he does. Hence the long layoff to move to HW.

But fuck him for cheating steroids. He will always have an asterisks next to his name. DC is better on a level playing field. 

Jones has actually relied on his chin a LHW quite a lot as well. I wouldn’t just assume it will hold up at HW, considering the aforementioned.

https://youtu.be/jldzBZnYlNg

NHBDaddy - lol pads dont hit back. Pretty sure if Gannou cant KO Stipe noone can.

Really?

Interesting that he has the Vertical Diet guy as part of his team now

It’s like watching a freshman wrestler busting his ass in the weight room because he is about to face a more athletic senior. You aren’t winning this thing on athleticism Jon.

Definitely filled out a lot, hope he’s signed to fight soon. Will be interesting to see how he fairs vs HW’s and if he’s adapted to his extra muscle mass well

1 Like

he’s going to clean out HW

Anyone questioning his athleticism needs to shut the fuck up now. Show us a HW that can sprint that fast?

Jones had a really solid chin at 205 so I’d imagine it’ll be even better with the added weight. Not saying he won’t get ko’d by a big heavyweight but it should be pretty solid.

1 Like