HW Rankings make no sense

Just went on Sherdog and saw Carwin was top 5. No offence to him but how is that possible when hes 0-2 and his last win was 2 years.

But we have Fedor whos on a 2-0 run with 10x more top 10 wins more activity and he isnt even in the top 10?

doesnt make much sense? I mean Nelson without a single top 20 win got into the top 10 not to long ago.

Acidic -  Just went on Sherdog and saw Carwin was top 5. No offence to him but how is that possible when hes 0-2 and his last win was 2 years.

But we have Fedor whos on a 2-0 run with 10x more top 10 wins more activity and he isnt even in the top 10?

doesnt make much sense? I mean Nelson without a single top 20 win got into the top 10 not to long ago.

In before Fedor haters Phone Post

But in all seriousness. Fedor should prove himself by being able to beat a top 10 fighter. A win over a washed up Jeff Monson and a young Satoshi Ishii doesn't prove anything regarding rankings.

I'm not saying Fedor doesn't belong in the top 10. I think he does.

And Shane belongs where he is right now in the top 10. Phone Post

Rafael135 -  But in all seriousness. Fedor should prove himself by being able to beat a top 10 fighter. A win over a washed up Jeff Monson and a young Satoshi Ishii doesn't prove anything regarding rankings.

I think you should reread what you said because it makes zero sense.

so Fedor should have to prove himself. Fedor the greatest HW, most top 10 wins, longest win streak but a guy whos never been number 1 nor won a fight in years doesnt have to?

not trying to be a dick but you prove youre own self wrong.

whats more pathetic is that they have Scuab at number 10?

When Scuab doesnt even have a top win  in general unless you count guys with big names way way past there prime as top 10 wins.

You understand that rankings are current and not all time dont you?

Do you think muhammed ali is a current top5 HW boxer?

dingdong_malice - You understand that rankings are current and not all time dont you?

again current? so currently Carwin is 0-2 Schuab is 0-1 and Fedor is 2-0

why do you post without thinking?

See who carwin has lost to and who fedor has beaten.

And it was only 6 months ago when fedor got finished in the first round against someone who wasnt ranked at HW

dingdong_malice - See who carwin has lost to and who fedor has beaten.

And it was only 6 months ago when fedor got finished in the first round against someone who wasnt ranked at HW

Im pretty sure after not winning for 2 years you shouldnt be listed as a top 5 or 10 or 20. in 2 years there are over 50 events held.

regardless Fedor might have been finished but he was finished by someone who already holds wins at HW which is Dan Henderson. Hendo has beaten HWs LW and MW. So dont act like hes a nobody.

regardless Fedor is on a 2-0 run. youre telling me losing is better then winning? 2 Losses are better then 2 wins? Inactivity is better then activity?

I would have carwin top 5, his latest loss was against the current champ and the other was a huge adrenaline dump, i think he could beat most HW's

Pork Sword - 
Acidic -
dingdong_malice - You understand that rankings are current and not all time dont you?

again current? so currently Carwin is 0-2 Schuab is 0-1 and Fedor is 2-0

why do you post without thinking?

Fedor fought two cans after being raped 3 fights in a row and tucking tail back to Russia. I don't think Carwin is top 5 but he is 9 or 10. Phone Post
thats the funny thing you make no argument as to why Carwin is above Fedor or why Scuab is above Fedor but you knock on Fedors wins.

again is 2 wins better then 2 losses? is inactivity better then activity? is a loss better then a win?

ask youre self those questions.

dingdong_malice - I would have carwin top 5, his latest loss was against the current champ and the other was a huge adrenaline dump, i think he could beat most HW's

you see youre making excuses. Adrenaline dump? hes a top HW right? and you say you "think" he can beat most top HWs.

key word think

win/loss ratio is irrelevant if theres no context. Fedor beat low-level fighters and Carwin lost to former champs.

dingdong_malice - win/loss ratio is irrelevant if theres no context. Fedor beat low-level fighters and Carwin lost to former champs.

you make no sense at all again. it is relevant. again answer my question.

is a loss better then a win?

If youre basing Carwin off his wins before his losses then you can do the same for Fedor. Im pretty sure Rogers was ranked top 10 along with Sylvia and AA was ranked top 3.

why the bias?

"Fedor fought two cans after being raped 3 fights in a row and tucking tail back to Russia."

Actually all 3 of those losses were quite competitive.

Though the Werdum and Hendo ones were "bad" losses in their effect on his ranking and image.

I am starting to believe that the rankings in MMA aren't really rankings. What I think the rankings consist of is a list of guys who have been the most active, won in impressive fashion, and more to generate buzz. I have never really understood the rankings as we have seen fights where going into the fight there were no title implications only to find out after that the two fighters were fighting to see who got their next shot at the belt.

Acidic - 
Rafael135 -  But in all seriousness. Fedor should prove himself by being able to beat a top 10 fighter. A win over a washed up Jeff Monson and a young Satoshi Ishii doesn't prove anything regarding rankings.

I think you should reread what you said because it makes zero sense.

so Fedor should have to prove himself. Fedor the greatest HW, most top 10 wins, longest win streak but a guy whos never been number 1 nor won a fight in years doesnt have to?

not trying to be a dick but you prove youre own self wrong.

I dont think you have a very good grasp on how rankings work.

Unwariestpickle - I don't see how you can put Fedor on. He's lost to Bigfoot, Werdum, and Hendo...

Bigfoot lost to Cormier, Werdum lost to Overeem, and Hendo isn't even a heavyweight.

Already that's Bigfoot, Werdum, Cormier, Overeem and Hendo ahead of him. Then you've got JDS, Cain, Frank Mir, and Barnett who dominated Rogers and who gave Fedor fits... I just don't see how Fedor is a top 10 right now. He could get back there... but he's not right now.

Again you base a win off there current rankings not what happens after the fight. Win or lose Werdum and Bigfoot where top 10 correct? if they lose 5 in a row it doesnt change the fact that Fedor lost to two top 10 opponents so thats irrelevant.

Hendo might not be a HW but hes beaten HWs, LHWs and MWs, man has no real weight class and shit he even said he wouldnt mind fighting at HW next either.

So why is Carwin and Schuab ahead of Fedor?

i have yet to see an argument besides Carwins losses. A loss is a negative thing so i dont see why everyone is holding it into such a positive prespective.

Again ill make a seperate post for this since everyone ignores litteraly all the questions I ask

1) is a loss better then a WIN?

2) Why are Carwins losses looked at as positive things?

3) is going 0-2 and not winning in 2 years better then winning 2 in a row and staying active?

4) why the fuck is Schuab top 10? why was Nelson top 10 with litteraly no top 20 wins?

5) why is inactivity better then activity?

Well I think you have to separate the right now from the all time.

That being said no way does fedor currently beat carwin, so why would he be ranked higher? Phone Post