Hydroxychloroquine

Interesting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-trump-anti-malaria-drug-study-france-a9469656.html

Pretty much in line with what the majority of doctors have been saying

Smokestack - 

Interesting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-trump-anti-malaria-drug-study-france-a9469656.html

Fake news to stop Trump winning 2020.

- OG its just the flutards

I don't think many of those people will be commenting here for some reason.

It's not really an opinion piece

I can say it's being used. There are some cardiac issues related to it, but plenty of people have been prescribed it.

Why bother post an article that is clearly biased? What exactly does that do?

Smokestack -

I don't think many of those people will be commenting here for some reason.

It's not really an opinion piece

Because the thread is retarded. There are multiple examples of doctors and countries saying they're having success with it.

How is the article biased? It's reporting a study that has been carried out by scientists in France.

It's information laid out on the table. It isn't a political game of pointing fingers because it doesn't suit what one thinks to be true. It's not a left or right issue.

It's a zinc ionophore , zinc inhibits the virus not chloroquine itself.

No point studying it without zinc

2 Likes

This seems to be more promising

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/gilead-stock-surges-after-report-says-coronavirus-drug-trial-shows-encouraging-early-results.html

choadler -

I can say it's being used. There are some cardiac issues related to it, but plenty of people have been prescribed it.

I think it was posted because 2 weeks ago every second thread was about this stuff being a "cure"

1 Like

Bingo

This place has basically turned into abovetopsecret/infowars. It's good to get some facts out there.

Hydroxychloroquine alone?

From what I understand, the drug is helpful with COVID-19 when taken along with zinc (it's a zinc ionophore).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4182877/

A reminder that France also produce the stuff and would benefit from saying the opposite. 

Brother rabbitte -
choadler -

I think it was posted because 2 weeks ago every second thread was about this stuff being a "cure"

Were people on here claiming it was a cure or saying it could possibly be helpful?

Seems like op is trying to gas light. 

1 Like

Once this drug, a DRUG, had been politicized, unfortunately you can no longer rely on a goddamned thing you read or see.

1 Like

from what Iv'e read, I hope my doctor gives me the option

Moke -

Once this drug, a DRUG, had been politicized, unfortunately you can no longer rely on a goddamned thing you read or see.

Not true. France would benefit from saying the opposite but you prefer to ignore it because you let politics corrupt your rationale. 

ryans - 

It's a zinc ionophore , zinc inhibits the virus not chloroquine itself.

No point studying it without zinc

exactly, this is a viral issue so there's no cure, just drugs that relive symptoms and the time frame.

Smokestack -

Interesting.

Which majority of doctors?

not the 6200 doctors surveyed who used hcq as their preference for treatment.

When it comes to efficacy and safety, I only base my opinion on peer-reviewed papers. They may be surveys, case series, observational cohorts, trials, pharmacokinetic data, whatever. But they have to meet the standard of the scientific process. And you need to look at ALL the evidence. If you cherry pick, then you are not being thorough.

However you want to spin this, this is the current CLINICAL evidence:
-Potential benefit in uncontrolled cohorts. Comparative data from a small trial shows some promise, but bad study and no hard outcomes like mortality
-Confirmed risk of toxicity in about 10% who take it. Life-threatening in about 0.5%. Trials have been stopped because of dangerous side-effects.

Until we find something better, docs in the US and Canada will continue prescribing it to sick COVID patients. We shouldn't prescribe it to people with mild symptoms.

Anybody who is certain that this works just doesn't understand medical papers.

3 Likes

GrindOnLine -

A reminder that France also produce the stuff and would benefit from saying the opposite. 

Frances government also has done some shady things regarding HCQ and dr raoult as well.

at this point it’s going to be hard to separate fact from fiction

ive spoken with two doctors who’ve had success with HCQ but are wary of speaking of it due to the politics. And they say they are not alone.

how shameful

t