Hypocracy and the UG....

Well said, Kimura,

and I don't want anyone kicking their ass over it, I just want them for once, one time, to admit it, with no back up plan, or excuse. Just once, is all I'm asking, you know?

And I do agree with you. I think we are basically saying the same things, just in a slightly different language.

No offense.

I'm constantly learning and growing as a fan. We were all white belts once. I'm sure i have said things i shouldn't have, but i do try to be professional in my critique of fighters.

Nah man,Im not offended youre cool.I almost never get offended by the things people say here,its all in good fun most of the time.

By saying "last time I checked I was human" I just wanted to establish that I dont think hyprocacy is a flaw that some people have and some dont.

I read you loud and clear on that one, Kimura ;-)

I dont hateon fighters because I know what it takes to be one. Its not easy . I may preferoneover another but I respect them all. Even the ones with big mouths.

TTT

Im sure we all have our biases. thats why we have fighters we get behind. But when its all said and done Chuck won and the guy I was rooting for lost. Congrats to him. No big deal.

I knew it.

hundreds of shit talkers, hardly any balls among us at all.

Fucking pathetic.

I guess deep down we all have some hypocrisy in us but what can I say, as Kimura said, we're human so hypocrisy is a characteristic of us humans. As some guy put it one time, "Because we humans are rational, we are the most evil animal of them all."

"I knew it.
hundreds of shit talkers, hardly any balls among us at all.
Fucking pathetic."

Just because you make a post saying you are htyocritical, doesnt mean you have balls, especially when you will do it again.

balls would not be doing it in the first place.

TTT for the 3% of us.

Hypocrisy is saying one thing and doing another, like pretending to be humble when you're actually calling someone out. It seems like you are directing this thread at certain people to make yourself look better than them. So when you say "It takes balls to admit this," what you're really saying is "I have more balls than you."

But insulting a professional fighter isn't hypocritical, if you honestly don't like him. It would actually be hypocritical to say something positive when you don't mean it.

But yes, I have done things in my life that were wrong. Arguments on an internet forum aren't very high on my list of regrets. But it still sucks when people are rude, petty, and spiteful, so I try to avoid those qualities as much as I can.

Buddy Jesus,

"Just because you make a post saying you are htyocritical, doesnt mean you have balls, especially when you will do it again.

balls would not be doing it in the first place."

With all due respect, you and I seem to be talking about 2 different things. I am freely admiting that I have talked shit about fighters when I shouldn't have. I was posing the question to everyone else who ever has done the same, the question being "Do you have the courage to admit it?" Just because I freely admit to it, that does not mean that I will do it in the future.

Your correct, balls would mean that I never would have done itin the first place. Balls would also mean owning up to the fact that I did do it, and that I am going to try my damndest not to do it in the future.

Since you have NEVER done it, nor EVER will do it, then you have nothing to worry about, and everything to be proud about. However, ripping on me because I choose to admit it, and question those who like me, have done it, really has no part of this thread. Your above us, so be proud of that, and try to keep from sinking to our level.

lol im not ripping on you, im saying the same thing you did, YOU DID IT.

lol@you getting all mad because i dont give you "props" for admitting you act like a jackass sometimes lol

FatandBulbous,

"It seems like you are directing this thread at certain people to make yourself look better than them. So when you say "It takes balls to admit this," what you're really saying is "I have more balls than you."

No, that is NOT what I am saying at all. In NO way, shape, or form. If you want to view it as such, then fine. I understand. But I challenge you to try, just try and log, in even the simpliest form, the amount of disrespectful discourse from forum members toward fighters in say, a 4 week period -- even giving it about 30 minutes of your time every 3 days. The amount is staggering. Admitting we do it is the first step in trying to correct it.

"But insulting a professional fighter isn't hypocritical, if you honestly don't like him. It would actually be hypocritical to say something positive when you don't mean it."

Yeah, it is wrong. There is a difference between insulting a pro fighter, and stating that you don't like their actions.

Buddy, I'm not mad at you at all. and your not saying the same things I am. Not in any way, shape or form.

I'm not asking for "props" at all. Re-read my origional post, and my other posts, and tell me where I am asking from props.

Also, I shouldn't have said we "all do it. PERIOD." That was wrong. But for sure, MOST of us do it.

ttt

very well put eric

TTT

ttt