Hypothetical question about a dirty cop.

Say there was a dirty cop that tried charging you before, but it was thrown out and the cop ended up looking really stupid. He even lied and was caught, but didn't get in trouble for it. So now you have a feeling he's out to get you.

Then one day you're walking to your car in a parking lot and he pulls up and tells you that you are guilty of drug possession, he is positive of it. He then asks you for permission to search your car and he wants you to answer some questions? Would you speak with him and let him look in your car to prove that there's nothing there or would you exercise your rights and make him go through the proper channels?

Always go through proper channels.

...and stop doing drugs.

Exercise rights in that case, imo. 

Why would you let him search? You already have bad blood with the guy. He's coming out of the blue and accusing you of something that's probably a felony.

I would record it, then make a formal complaint. 

Video every interaction and never consent to searches. Make a formal complaint 

I'm agreeing with what everyone is saying. I'm thinking the moment someone tells me they have decided on something like guilt ahead of time then I wouldn't trust them to be fair, impartial or honest from that point forward. So I'd fight them every step and make them go through all the legal steps.

OpenedUp -

Video every interaction and never consent to searches. Make a formal complaint 

Fucking this. 

And my dad is a cop and says the same thing. 

In that situation turn around and start walking the opposite direction of your vehicle while recording. Stop recording just ling enough to dial 911 and request the shift Sgt. come to your location.

He's a pig that don't fly straight?

"don't take it to far, tony"

CANT SHOOT A COP

"who ched you wassa cop?" 

SO LONG MEL, AVE A GOOD TRIP

El Bandito -

He's a pig that don't fly straight?

"don't take it to far, tony"

CANT SHOOT A COP

"who ched you wassa cop?" 

SO LONG MEL, AVE A GOOD TRIP

Pardon?

WikiTheWalrus -

Why would you let him search? You already have bad blood with the guy. He's coming out of the blue and accusing you of something that's probably a felony.

I would record it, then make a formal complaint. 

Bingo!

CuddleBug - Say there was a dirty cop that tried charging you before, but it was thrown out and the cop ended up looking really stupid. He even lied and was caught, but didn't get in trouble for it. So now you have a feeling he's out to get you.

Then one day you're walking to your car in a parking lot and he pulls up and tells you that you are guilty of drug possession, he is positive of it. He then asks you for permission to search your car and he wants you to answer some questions? Would you speak with him and let him look in your car to prove that there's nothing there or would you exercise your rights and make him go through the proper channels?

DO NOT let him search and then file an internal affairs complaint.  They won't do anything in this scenario but you are starting a paper trail that could affect the rest of his career.  

Even without that backstory, I am not consenting to a search. With that backstory I am recording any interactions.

Phone comes out immediately when I see him approaching. Then follow rules but don't allow an illegal search.

Sounds like the dude wants to fuck bro. You must be giving off that sweet bottom vibe. 

Bust a cap in his ass bro. Then take him to a pig farm for disposal. AdiosAmigo