I absolutely HATE Condit...

I also feel that way about Sanchez. You're of course right though.

Condit did more and did more damage from the bottom than Ellenberger ever thought about doing from top.

The problem is judging criteria. If you can WIN the fight from bottom position, you should also be able to out point your opponent from the bottom position.

Griffdog - I absolutely love watching Condit fight.

Condit won rds 2&3, possibly could see a draw if rd 1 was 10-8. Ellenberger was not effective agains Condit's gaurd rd 2, Condit stayed busy.

orcus -  Why would anyone hate him? I wish every fighter fought like him. Always aggressive, NEVER playing for a decision, always going for a finish whether it's standing or on the ground. Uses technique instead of just muscling guys to the ground and lying there, or winging shitty haymakers in the hopes one gets through.

Pretty much sums it up, he comes to fight. He's still a bit green, but you cannot deny that the kid has skills and seems to be improving.

I love Condit always puts on a great fight, and last night showed he has a ton of heart and will

The other guy had the fight until he got scared of being tired and chose to try to "win" the fight instead of keep doing what he was doing, which was actually winning the fight for him. But in his defense, it was short notice. A rematch with a prep for both would be good!

I had Jake taking round 1 10-8. IMO he dominated.

But then I had Condit taking Rd 2 & 3.

I dont like Condit but hes a good fighter. BUT he aint going anywhere in the UFCs 170.

Picture what happened in the first round and multiply that by all 3 rounds if he faces Fitch, Kos, or Alves.

Not even going into the GSP area.

THE FORCED MEAN MUG MAKES ME WANT TO KICKFUCK MY TV....

orcus -  Why would anyone hate him? I wish every fighter fought like him. Always aggressive, NEVER playing for a decision, always going for a finish whether it's standing or on the ground. Uses technique instead of just muscling guys to the ground and lying there, or winging shitty haymakers in the hopes one gets through.

Exactamundo.

i actaully thought condit was going to lose that fight easily in the first round...

but he came back and fought and won...its all good :)

CONTID LOST THAT FIGHT BTW...

sans lubricant's towelboy - but he won that fight. Good performances by both fighters.

agreed 100%

rufus -  I like watching him fight, but I hate the stupid mean-mugging.  If he fought Nick Diaz, my head would explode from the stupidity.

umm when was the last time carlos got all "nbk" before a fight? not his last 2 ufc fights or his last WEC title defense.

I think he out grew that whole mean mug thing dog...

If anyone thinks Ellenberger won that fight then they are as bad as Cecil Peoples.

orcus -  It's depressing that ANYONE on a forum like this, much less many people, think Ellenberger won the second round by virtue of ONE takedown that he did absolutely nothing with except get elbowed in the head and kimura'd.

I agree 100%. I can see how some of things on this board are up for debate but that is truly sad. Ellenberger had top position for part of the second round but Condit was staying MUCH more active from the bottom.

I can see the argument for the draw since Ellenberger dominated the first round, which arguably could have been scored 10-8, but there's no doubt in my mind Condit won the last two rounds.  

I couldn't believe the huge glob of vaseline in Condit's hair.

It helped him escape 2 guillotines IMO.

First round should have been 8-8. Knee to the head on the floor and punches to the back of the head.

tourist - I couldn't believe the huge glob of vaseline in Condit's hair.

It helped him escape 2 guillotines IMO.

Yea...position had nothing to do with it.

When was the last time you saw a guillotine finished when the top guy was in side control or half guard? Doesn't happen unless the bottom guy is VERY good with subs or the top guy is very bad.

Draw.

10-8 Ellenberger Rd 1

10-9 Condit Rd 2

10-9 Condit Rd 3

NO WAY Carlos won that fight. No way in hell. That fight was a draw.